CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sincerely struggling to remain a Syracuse Football Fan or maybe more accurately a college football fan...this isn't college football, it's just another version of Professional Football that already exists with NFL. Call me out dated, call me old...but I'm a fan of some level of commitment between students who play football and Universities. I have a lifelong emotional commitment to MY university and I bleed orange. How can I root for players who look at my University that I treasure as a one night stand and not a lifelong partner. Just venting.

I’ll have faith so long as the podcast trio stay. Duce hurts but we can pull in and plug the cb position.

Feels to me like the money talks a lot louder when your DC heads out and who fills a really critical spot that can make or break your college career is a bit of a mystery.
it talks loudest either way

Probably means we are out on 2024 Willy Love. This one hurts real bad, hope he succeeds elsewhere.
I don't. I hope he struggles on the football field and doesn't get drafted. Just being honest. He quit on us, I didn't quit on him. I can never truly quit SU football because I'm so emotionally tied to it. I'm struggling because they changed, I didn't change.

Just goes to show how special of kids Mikel Jones, Tucker and Garrett Williams. All 3 could have taken some good NIL deals elsewhere and transferred but they didn’t.

Nothing against Duce and I appreciate what he did for us here at Cuse. But just goes to show those three I mentioned first don’t come around often. Really suck for Duce cause he legitimately could have been one of the great cornerbacks to play here and would have left a lasting legacy, continued the pipeline of Cuse secondary players in the NFL and continued playing for the swag daddy but he took the money. Nothing wrong with that, just some peoples priorities are different than others for a multitude of reasons.

we will be ok, this staff has been great and coaching up DBs, we will keep doing that and keep bringing dudes in. with all that being said, it still blows

I don't. I hope he struggles on the football field and doesn't get drafted. Just being honest. He quit on us, I didn't quit on him.
look, it sucks, but football is a sport where your next game could easily be your last, there is no question he is being offered a lot of cash, cash that will really help him and his family. I personally wish him well. I hate that he left, but I wish him well

1670972494495.gif

Weitsman still offering that million this off-season? Seems like this would be a nice place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.