CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have any use for this NIL crap if a good player leaves because he can sell more jerseys
Very short sighted on the player’s part. How many pieces of silver are we talking about?
Am I the only one noticing that this happened like two hours after the Gould commit? It’s hard for me to believe those two things aren’t connected.

I am sincerely struggling to remain a Syracuse Football Fan or maybe more accurately a college football fan...this isn't college football, it's just another version of Professional Football that already exists with NFL. Call me out dated, call me old...but I'm a fan of some level of commitment between students who play football and Universities. I have a lifelong emotional commitment to MY university and I bleed orange. How can I root for players who look at my University that I treasure as a one night stand and not a lifelong partner. Just venting.

I'm with you. I stopped watching all professional sports after each one's strike (back in the '80s?). One of them (basketball, I think) took me until their second strike to quit them. Now college football is starting to go crazy. So upsetting. Oh well, nothing is constant but change.

I’d save that money for someone else
Little late for this cycle unless there is someone else on the roster that’s a possibility, no?

I don’t remember if he was planning on handing it out this year or next.

I personally choose to root for him because he seems like a good kid and I dont believe in rooting for people to fail unless they wear a pitt jersey

That said, these guys are being paid now. Theres positives and negatives with that. Criticisms a negative

Definitely feeling it was strictly money than White leaving. Monroe is staying, 335 appears to be staying with supposedly Long being hired.

Oh no doubt. Tony White's departure had to influence this too. Duce got offers last year as well.
I know the answer to this question but I’ll ask it anyway. Why was Schiano and others like him offering a student athlete while he was enrolled in another school? If he wasn’t in the transfer portal at that point, how are these offers getting to him? Are the Rutgers handlers reaching out directly to him? Just curious how these schools are stealing these players before they even decide to transfer.

I predicted this would happen years ago. As I said back then, the transfer rule lift will make it impossible for kids like Rondale Moore to go to a school like Purdue or Michael Vick to go to VT. They will always find their way to the factories.

Shady will be out of a job a year from now.

It's a loss for sure. No sugar coating that fact. I can't really blame the kid for taking advantage of the system and grabbing all the NIL money he can. I'm not so sure Duce is a lock for making an NFL roster down the road. There are a lot of great college CBs who don't make it in the NFL. To be clear, I thought so before his portal move - this isn't a reaction to him moving on.

Wish him well.

Weitsman still offering that million this off-season? Seems like this would be a nice place for it.
Don’t pay him a million.

I know the answer to this question but I’ll ask it anyway. Why was Schiano and others like him offering a student athlete while he was enrolled in another school? If he wasn’t in the transfer portal at that point, how are these offers getting to him? Are the Rutgers handlers reaching out directly to him? Just curious how these schools are stealing these players before they even decide to transfer.

I predicted this would happen years ago. As I said back then, the transfer rule lift will make it impossible for kids like Rondale Moore to go to a school like Purdue or Michael Vick to go to VT. They will always find their way to the factories.

Shady will be out of a job a year from now.
Why do you think rutgers have a chance?

9812BAE0-42F7-4EFD-9764-80127B86D7E6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.