CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some bitter folks here. He gave Syracuse two darn good seasons. How many guys can say that. Who wouldn’t want to pay at LSU. Everything about their program is top notch.
Yep. I'm bitter when a guy describes playing those two years as "... it didn't work out coming out of high school." There's a lot he could've said to express he was excited for a new opportunity without making SU sound like a scrub school. Screw him.

Yep. I'm bitter when a guy describes playing those two years as "... it didn't work out coming out of high school." There's a lot he could've said to express he was excited for a new opportunity without making SU sound like a scrub school. Screw him.

Things don't look to be going well for him since the game 1 struggles.

Settle down folks. These are not new comments. He said those a while back. And when he said “it didn’t work out coming out of high school” that comment was not directed at SU. He said that regarding wanting to go to LSU out of high school. Pretty sure he still really loves SU but he got an opportunity to play for his so called “dream school”, an elite football school known for producing DB’s and I’m sure got a nice NIL bag. Cant blame him too much. I was very disappointed we lost him but I don’t hate the kid.

But If we do better than LSU this year I wonder if he regrets his decision.

Last edited:
Settle down folks. These are not new comments. He said those a while back. And when he said “it didn’t work out coming out of high school” that comment was not directed at SU. He said that regarding wanting to go to LSU out of high school. Pretty sure he still really loved SU but he got an opportunity to play for his so called “dream school”, an elite football school known for producing DB’s and I’m sure got a nice NIL bag. Cant blame him too much. I was very disappointed we lost him but I don’t hate the kid.

But If we do better than LSU this year I wonder if he regrets his decision.

I wonder if he is already given it looks like he's had very few snaps the past two games.

I can understand a kid having a fascination for one particular team growing up. I’m sure all kids do for various unknown reasons. LSU just seems like an odd choice.

I hope the NIL bag was big and worth it.
First, I bet it was. Second, he's definitely going to play in the NFL for at least some amount of time.

Didn't remember him being top rated corner out of high school?

We hadn't started a true frosh corner in forty years before him?

He was our "highest rated recruit in years" per the local media. But that's more of a comment on SU than on Duce, who is surrounded by higher rated recruits at LSU.

Not going to ever tell someone what to do, especially if you can get a big bag, but if you’re trying to get to the nfl, you need to be playing.

If you make one of these jumps to a big boy program, you really need to be certain you can lock in the spot you got.

Not going to ever tell someone what to do, especially if you can get a big bag, but if you’re trying to get to the nfl, you need to be playing.

If you make one of these jump to a big big program, you really need to be certain you can lock in the spot you got.
Especially when the school you’re leaving has a recent track record of putting DBs in the league.

Why not try to build something at the school that gave you the opportunity and just as recently put guys in the pro’s?
Because his first priority is himself, as it should be. Being a part of “building” a team that has underperformed for 20+ years doesn’t pay the bills

If he can't start at LSU, It would be tough to see him getting time in a NFL game.

Hes not even playing it seems since the FSU game. Two blowouts and not a single tackle or pd in the box score. Curious if he even got any snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom