CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove that the Ohana is real.

The prodigal son returns and is embraced.
Or recruit a better player. Either or.

People here get to hung up on players whose names they recognize.

And frankly, if things don't work out with this situation, the kid has nobody to blame but himself. If it works out, fine, but no need to overextend for imaginary PR.

And for the record, I'm not against the coaching staff bringing Chestnut back in, if Dino is okay with it. But if there's a better prospect out there, enhancing the roster should trump feel good stories.

Last edited:

And frankly, if things don't work out with this situation, the kid has nobody to blame but himself. If it works out, fine, but no need to overextend for imaginary PR.
This is college football, not the pros.
We still like to think of the players as kids who grow and develop in our view.
There's a romance to it - though it's certainly being killed by NIL, the portal, conference vulturism, and Brian Kelly.

He made a decision that ended up being a major mistake. A life changing mistake. Ive made two in my life and thankfully recovered, but both were extremely difficult on me and my children. I hope that if Duece wants to and is able to return that the coaches and his teammates welcome and support his return as he obviously needs support. Forget the PR value. Do it because the kid needs it. Period.

keep in mind a second transfer he has to sit out. I don’t see that happening.

He made a decision that ended up being a major mistake. A life changing mistake. Ive made two in my life and thankfully recovered, but both were extremely difficult on me and my children. I hope that if Duece wants to and is able to return that the coaches and his teammates welcome and support his return as he obviously needs support. Forget the PR value. Do it because the kid needs it. Period.

Absolutely agree with this.

The big thing here is, for Duce to transfer anywhere, he is going to need to finish school at LSU….

And if he’s not on the football team, he probably won’t have a schollie and is going to to have to pay tuition out of his own pocket.

I wish the best for Duce, he certainly has got himself in a sticky situation

At the least, it makes every single one of our current players take a long, hard look at their situation and how “bad” they have it at the end of the season when the Twitter/X DM’s start flying in.

And for the record, I'm not against the coaching staff bringing Chestnut back in, if Dino is okay with it. But if there's a better prospect out there, enhancing the roster should Trump feel good stories.
Investment in recruiting Jersey. The kid can play, but I don’t think he makes or breaks the roster. If it keeps Clark around another year and he can slide in for Johnson, cool.

It’s all speculation.

It’s recruiting jujitsu.

At the least, it makes every single one of our current players take a long, hard look at their situation and how “bad” they have it at the end of the season when the Twitter/X DM’s start flying in.
Xactly.

Whole new meaning of taking a Duce

This is poster board material for the next guy who thinks getting that little bit extra NIL money is worth it. He went from possibly entering the draft after this season to possibly not playing football again for a season and a half. Who is advising these kids?

Investment in recruiting Jersey. The kid can play, but I don’t think he makes or breaks the roster. If it keeps Clark around another year and he can slide in for Johnson, cool.

It’s all speculation.

It’s recruiting jujitsu.
You're recruiting jujitsu.

This is poster board material for the next guy who thinks getting that little bit extra NIL money is worth it. He went from possibly entering the draft after this season to possibly not playing football again for a season and a half. Who is advising these kids?
Who is advising them? Ben. Ben Franklin.

Who is advising them? Ben. Ben Franklin.
1696562689804.jpeg

I think Duce is still a really good player who just got himself in a bad situation, when you’re that young and get offered the kind of money LSU has to offer, it’s surely hard to turn down. He still loves Syracuse I mean hell since he’s been at LSU it feels like he posts more Syracuse things than LSU things, I think leaving was tough and he regrets it now. I hope he finds his way back.

Yeah well, Brian Kelly killed a kid, so...
One has nothing to do with the other. I'm reading the LSU boards and it seems that it's unanimous that he can't play at that level. From the other tea leaves, it looks like a suspension and in Duce's best case, his scholarship isn't renewed so that he can transfer immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom