Class of 2016 - CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern

CuseLegacy said:
I think it is very simple... just like they cleaned house in the FB department because they wanted their own staff.. they want their own players. So with a few exceptions, I think we only end up with five kids from Shafers' class, the 2016 class will basically be all Babers.

Yeah, this is becoming pretty clear. Appears they want a clean slate.

Which also makes me question if they really will change their recruiting territory. Unless they have a relationship, like with the coach in California, I think recruiting classes will be mostly from Florida and the Midwest, at least for the near future.

So , starting over from scratch. I can't imagine many players on the current roster fit either.

RF2044 said:
Brinson's 5-11. This isn't the NFL combine. That's plenty tall enough. If that's the only reason he was turned away, that's pretty weak.

He wasn't turned away. We told him we'd honor his commitment.

So , starting over from scratch. I can't imagine many players on the current roster fit either.
There are plenty of good players on the team now... the fit thing is an excuse to recruit kids they have a relationship with who they have watched play for years.

CuseLegacy said:
Which also makes me question if they really will change their recruiting territory. Unless they have a relationship, like with the coach in California, I think recruiting classes will be mostly from Florida and the Midwest, at least for the near future.

About what you'd expect from a staff with primarily Midwest ties -- much like the previous staff.

Not crazy about it, but if it works, I'm fine.

About what you'd expect from a staff with primarily Midwest ties -- much like the previous staff.

Not crazy about it, but if it works, I'm fine.

Yes. We are creatures of comfort and familiarity. This staff has been recruiting the Midwest for years... at two schools.. I expect this to continue.

I think it is very simple... just like they cleaned house in the FB department because they wanted their own staff.. they want their own players. So with a few exceptions, I think we only end up with five kids from Shafers' class, the 2016 class will basically be all Babers.

Agreed. And I can definitely accept that. I just hate to throw the baby out with the bathwater and lose out on some solid prospects [of which I believe Brinson to be one, something borne out by his performance at the UnderArmor invitational a few weeks ago], especially at a key position of need.

But I think your perspective is dead on.

I suspect he went to this all-star game, saw all these other guys excited to go to schools that really wanted them, thought "I'm better than these guys, why am I going someplace that isn't excited to have me?" and decided to reopen his recruiting.

We've been turning away all-staters from Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.

It's hard not to question their thinking, but I'll reserve further judgment until I see the final product.
i don't like it at all---and question their thinking---

maybe the coaches think to them selves. BG was better than SU the last 3 years, our kids are better so why should we settle for what SU has been recruiting?

Do you think they move on from Scott?

1. Culpepper
2. Neal
3. Heckel
4. Holloway
5. Bradshaw
6. Scott

Letting go of an All Georgia defensive back. Bold move. If only Blair qualified.

Letting go of an All Georgia defensive back. Bold move. If only Blair qualified.
The kid from Cleveland has some pretty thin credentials. Hope the staff are geniuses at spotting undeveloped talent.

Yes. We are creatures of comfort and familiarity. This staff has been recruiting the Midwest for years... at two schools.. I expect this to continue.
Have to put some faith in the new staff but I hope it doesn't backfire or it will get old sooner than later this time around.

I do too. And the five they targeted early and engaged early, set up on OV's almost immediately after taking over. That was a telling sign.

If were running out of time id like him back in the fold, I know the bridge is kinda burned just saying he and Scott were high on my personal list after watching film. I think he could be a great dime/nickel corner against the speedey slot I get that Tampa 2 doesent always use these in original theory abut most Tampa 2 teams do have passing down personell like this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom