Class of 2016 - CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern

We're going to need better talent than we have now to win consistently in the ACC.

Scheme alone isn't going to cut it.

PhatOrange said:
Score 80 or 90 points a game We're not going to worry about playing defense.

It will be like 2015. But with us scoring points.

From all indications its us forcing this move. I'm surprised we did this before we started getting our numbers up commit wise. We have to be extremely confident we are gonna a land a bunch of Dome dudes in the next 18 days.

Yeah, hope it all works out. Can't believe there's a lot of better DBs out there now better than Brinson.

Why?

This kid is going to end up being an FCS kid most likely. Or mid-major. If he goes to an ACC or P5 level program I'd be surprised.

You don't think we can find someone better?

SUFan44 said:
Why? This kid is going to end up being an FCS kid most likely. Or mid-major. If he goes to an ACC or P5 level program I'd be surprised. You don't think we can find someone better?

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of the new staff's recruiting acumen.

I'm putting trust in them because I have nothing to go by.

It's late in the recruiting cycle. Most of the good kids are already committed.

They took a 6-2 corner from Ohio who really hasn't played much corner and wasn't highly recruited.

So who knows what they're thinking.

Right now, just seems like they want their own kids even it means dumping a kid who might be just as good as their own recruit.

We'll see how things shake out.

Why?

This kid is going to end up being an FCS kid most likely. Or mid-major. If he goes to an ACC or P5 level program I'd be surprised.

He's supposedly visiting Louisville

Why?

He was all state in GA. I don't like that we're letting him go, to be honest.

But I'll have faith in this staff. Belief without evidence, right?

bnoro said:
He was all state in GA. I don't like that we're letting him go, to be honest. But I'll have faith in this staff. Belief without evidence, right?

We've been turning away all-staters from Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.

It's hard not to question their thinking, but I'll reserve further judgment until I see the final product.

It's hard not to question their thinking, but I'll reserve further judgment until I see the final product.
And almost a MaxPrep 1st team AA. I too am reserving judgement and remain hopeful on the recruiting front.

This was inevitable. Hope he lands somewhere solid.

I would rather this staff turn away all state players that don't fit their system than stand pat with 10 kids that don't fit their system and will take up scholarships for 4 years not fitting their system and in all likelihood playing sparingly.

It's not pretty but this staff is doing exactly what they were paid to do. The quicker they turnover the roster with kids that fit their system on both sides of the ball, the better and it starts with this recruiting class. They hand picked the kids they wanted to keep and locked them up. And I would be pretty surprised if we are done with the decommits. It's been a well thought-out, methodical, business like approach and I like it.

From all indications its us forcing this move. I'm surprised we did this before we started getting our numbers up commit wise. We have to be extremely confident we are gonna a land a bunch of Dome dudes in the next 18 days.
No it is better they did it now... and he isn't the last. These kids don't have much time left to find a new home it would be grossly unfair to them to string them along any longer if they are not wanted.

We talk a lot about losing kids because they don't fit Babers system. IMO, some kids fit every system and Brinson was one of them.
Babers and staff have stated they want taller CBs, so Brinson does not fit the system...it happens :noidea:

We talk a lot about losing kids because they don't fit Babers system. IMO, some kids fit every system and Brinson was one of them.
This kid is very talented and definitely could fit in any program. Unless they feel they a higher grade DB than this kid, we don't know but will on signing day.

VaSaltine said:

Exactly. I can understand some kids not fitting a system, like QBs and certain other positions suited to a certain type of offense, but not DBs.

Brinson's 5-11. This isn't the NFL combine. That's plenty tall enough.

If that's the only reason he was turned away, that's pretty weak.
I'm just stating what Babers and staff said. I'm sure they have other reasons they are not sharing with us. Lots of stuff goes on in the background we will never know.

Babers and staff have stated they want taller CBs, so Brinson does not fit the system...it happens :noidea:

Who are the best corner backs in Syracuse modern history and how tall were they?

Dwayne Joseph 5-9 180
Kevin Abrams 5-8
Rod Gadson 5-7
Will Allen 5-10
Phil Nash 6-0
Ian McIntosh 5-10

Thinking they're going to recruit NFL type DB's who are BIG is a pipe dream. What do you need big CBs in a zone for anyways? Look for height fine, but foremost you need players who can cover.

Where Syracuse needs to get BIGGER is at the safety positions.

In 1997 look at the size of our safeties: This was the 2 deep

SS Donovin Darius 6-1 205
SS Vernon Banks 6-4 190
FS Jason Poles 6-2 194
FS Jamont Kinds 6-3 190

I'm just stating what Babers and staff said. I'm sure they have other reasons they are not sharing with us. Lots of stuff goes on in the background we will never know.
I think it is very simple... just like they cleaned house in the FB department because they wanted their own staff.. they want their own players. So with a few exceptions, I think we only end up with five kids from Shafers' class, the 2016 class will basically be all Babers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom