Class of 2016 - CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern

I got this from the game's Twitter, which is protected and private for some reason.

Ouch!!! Just as my IPA buzz was setting in to route for the ACC tonight,...the record scratched,

There has to be more to this. I have a feeling this has been building up. Thank God we have Scoop, Jones, and hopefully Sails commits too.

Not terribly surprising honestly. I liked him a lot as a recruit but Shafer liked him a lot more than Babers does.

Its a loss but the writing was on the wall. We made this decision for him.

Louie and Bouie said:
Imo opinion it's a loss in a position of need no matter who made the decision. Hoping the plan works out because there is a lot of balls in the air right now.

Yeah, hope it all works out. Can't believe there's a lot of better DBs out there now better than Brinson.

Looks like FHCSS' recent GA recruiting didn't make the Dino cut. Hoping it doesn't affect future recruiting if GA high school coaches begin badmouthing the Cuse because of the decommits.

Orangejet said:
Looks like FHCSS' recent GA recruiting didn't make the Dino cut. Hoping it doesn't affect future recruiting if GA high school coaches begin badmouthing the Cuse because of the decommits.

This is going to be the case in a number of states.

Yeah, hope it all works out. Can't believe there's a lot of better DBs out there now better than Brinson.
February 3 will tell the tale, but it's tough to see good prospects getting turned off by the new regime.
Hope they aren't being replaced by MAC-level players.

OrangeAl said:
February 3 will tell the tale, but it's tough to see good prospects getting turned off by the new regime. Hope they aren't being replaced by MAC-level players.

I give this staff credit for trying to upgrade the class and find "their" guys.

They really weren't given much time.

But there's a reason why previous staffs have done most of the recruiting early in the cycle.

It's tough to woo kids in January when the weather is bad like it will be this weekend.

Good luck to them.

Remember these kids were MAC players

QB- Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Michael Turner
WR- Josh Cribbs, Lance Moore, Gregg Jennings
TE- Antonio Gates (bball)
OL- Joe Staley
LB- James Harrison, Jason Babin
DL- Cullen Jenkins

I just want to make sure that the coaches get kids that want to play and are willing to work hard to improve!! We have had players that were ranked high but didn't turn out because they didn't have the drive to compete!!

Remember these kids were MAC players

QB- Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Michael Turner
WR- Josh Cribbs, Lance Moore, Gregg Jennings
TE- Antonio Gates (bball)
OL- Joe Staley
LB- James Harrison, Jason Babin
DL- Cullen Jenkins

I just want to make sure that the coaches get kids that want to play and are willing to work hard to improve!! We have had players that were ranked high but didn't turn out because they didn't have the drive to compete!!

There are always outliers. You don't win consistently hoping to recruit them all from everyone else though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom