CBA Football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

CBA Football

I watched FM (where I went) play CBA this fall and it was like a high school team playing a middle school team. FM couldn't even hand the ball off. They could have lost by 100.

I watched FM (where I went) play CBA this fall and it was like a high school team playing a middle school team. FM couldn't even hand the ball off. They could have lost by 100.
Who is coaching st FM now.

On the subject of CBA football, let's talk a bit about Darien Williams.

Williams is a WR in the class of 2025. I have him as our of the top 10 players in the state in that class.

Track guy. Has run a 10.80 100m, which makes him the fastest guy ever at CBA. Also finished 5th in the state in the 200m as a sophomore with a 21.98 last June.

He has offers from BC, Colorado, UMass, Pitt and Penn State,

But so far, nothing from Syracuse. I assume that will change with the new staff.

Darien Williams, Christian Brothers Academy , Wide Receiver

Interview with Dan Tortora after his first D1 offer, which was from Colorado. At that point, he had only played JV football. Had a terrific sophomore season and was recently named 1st team All CNY. He will surely be named all state was well in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I
I don't see Paul coming back for another go round.
The problem is if the kids aren't playing football at an early age and there is no feeder system, FM could hire Bill Belichick as a HC and won't matter and I think that is what is happening here but not sure. I feel like best athletes are playing soccer and lacrosse these days. Their coach had a pretty good track record and then it fell off a cliff. On top of that, a lot of the best kids are moving over to CBA because they win and gives the best talent a shot to play in college. Parents are always dumb with this stuff too. FM commute to Dewitt isn't a big deal.

Last edited:
No way. The admin, parents and kids didn’t like him.
I also didnt think he did that well. They have athletes in that district to compete. Bring back the Wing-t coach but he is probably retired.

I also didnt think he did that well. They have athletes in that district to compete. Bring back the Wing-t coach but he is probably retired.
I thought they had some good seasons under him

On the subject of CBA football, let's talk a bit about Darien Williams.

Williams is a WR in the class of 2025. I have him as our of the top 10 players in the state in that class.

Track guy. Has run a 10.80 100m, which makes him the fastest guy ever at CBA. Also finished 5th in the state in the 200m as a sophomore with a 21.98 last June.

He has offers from BC, Colorado, UMass, Pitt and Penn State,

But so far, nothing from Syracuse. I assume that will change with the new staff.

Darien Williams, Christian Brothers Academy , Wide Receiver

Interview with Dan Tortora after his first D1 offer, which was from Colorado. At that point, he had only played JV football. Had a terrific sophomore season and was recently named 1st team All CNY. He will surely be named all state was well in a couple of weeks.

How is it possible that a kid this good and that goes to school literally down the street from Ensley didn't get his first offer from Syracuse?

How is it possible that a kid this good and that goes to school literally down the street from Ensley didn't get his first offer from Syracuse?
Dino did some really strange things. Maybe he didn't like his personality or something.

Seemed like a smart. humble young man in the Tortora video I linked.

I hope we offer him soon.

Dino did some really strange things. Maybe he didn't like his personality or something.

Seemed like a smart. humble young man in the Tortora video I linked.

I hope we offer him soon.
I don't want to pile on because I'm excited about the future, but someday it would be fun/frustrating to read a real deep dive on the Dino years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom