CBI Anyone? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

CBI Anyone?

View attachment 215591

0-10 in quadrant one games. Five losses in quadrant three.

:confused:

Those claiming that we were "competitive" this season ought to look at those statistics for perspective.

Competitive does not equal winning. If we had gone 0-30 but loss every game by 5 or fewer I’d say we were competitive in every single game.

Competitive does not equal winning. If we had gone 0-30 but loss every game by 5 or fewer I’d say we were competitive in every single game.

That might be your definition.

But if we went 0-30, claims that we were "competitive" would ring pretty hollow. Results matter. And taken in the aggregate, the numbers don't lie.

We were what we were -- a team that lost all 10 of our quadrant one games, and lost a bunch to some bad quadrant three teams, as well.

This is seriously a horse poop resume. Like the horse was fed White Castle resume

Why does White Castle have to catch strays in this thread, damn.

GIF by White Castle

Is the CBI really sponsored by an erectile dysfunction drug?

Penn State was considering...

Either the CBI went all low and mid major or no P5 team accepted.

Whether SU would get invited and/or accept the CBI, I honestly don’t care. Too much drama this season. And really, hoping for or going to the CBI is a new low, crazy how things have fallen this far. Whatever.

Whether SU would get invited and/or accept the CBI, I honestly don’t care. Too much drama this season. And really, hoping for or going to the CBI is a new low, crazy how things have fallen this far. Whatever.

You should care. Did you see that lineup of schools? We could definitely have made the final four :(

Hey Georgetown - at least we would have been invited to play in the CBI if we wanted to!

Insert sad face.

SU's first choice is the NIT.

IMHO, they should absolutely do the CBI. The only way a winning season can be achieved. Three P5 schools have won it before.
SU is not eligible for the NIT since their rules as of 2017 require at .500 record

Even if we were 17-16 we were not getting in the NIT.

SU is not eligible for the NIT since their rules as of 2017 require at .500 record

It’s the opposite. That’s when they got rid of the .500 requirement. Although they have not taken an under .500 team since then.

I’ll still probably go to the CBI final
The CBI took 2 teams with below 500 records last season.

It sounds like they do not extend an invitation unless a school has indicated it will be accepted (through back channels) beforehand.

Last year, 3 schools still rejected invitations. One was a P5 school (Washington State). Their coach apparently wanted to go but when the team found out they were going, they vetoed the idea.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were conversations and the team (or maybe JB) had enough and did not want to continue playing. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the CBI had no interest in us. There are lots of teams P5 and otherwise, who have better records than we do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom