CBS games... | Syracusefan.com

CBS games...

With all due respect to ESPN, when Syracuse plays on CBS it feels like a big deal. Who cares if our opponent (Miami) is only 2 games over 500. I just love CBS's college basketball coverage.

I hate it when your kid has ANOTHER CYO game at the same time and there is no watch CBS app.

F me

it feels like amateur hour to me. however much we dislike particular individuals at ESPN, their college basketball team will cover hundreds of games each season. CBS covers . . . . what, 20?

CBS college hoops bench is so thin that it has to bring in Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley, who know next to nothing about the teams they are covering, when the tournament rolls around.

I hate it when your kid has ANOTHER CYO game at the same time and there is no watch CBS app.

F me
Have you checked if CBSSport.com will stream the game on their website? Typically CBS allows this for college basketball games and they did for the AFC Championship game last weekend.

F me

CBS usually streams their games via their CBSSports app. No login required. There is a caveat where the games they subliscence from ESPN (such as their ACC games) may not be, but last week's was if I recall correctly.

Alsacs said:
Have you checked if CBSSport.com will stream the game on their website? Typically CBS allows this for college basketball games and they did for the AFC Championship game last weekend.

I will check it out

I think we're the only cbs game on at 1, don't they usually have regional games?

The problem with CBS is they just flog you with commercials. It's relentless.

Yeah no matter the sport they have to get in their 5 minutes each stoppage of play.

Somebody keeps putting the big SU games and the CBS ones (UNC/Nova) on Youtube. Full game replays. They show up a week or two after.

it feels like amateur hour to me. however much we dislike particular individuals at ESPN, their college basketball team will cover hundreds of games each season. CBS covers . . . . what, 20?

CBS college hoops bench is so thin that it has to bring in Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley, who know next to nothing about the teams they are covering, when the tournament rolls around.

No way. Love ESPN, but watching our game on CBS on Saturday afternoon always feels like a huge deal - despite the kids' programming lead-in. When you hear "as good as it gets" -- and then that music comes on... feels instantly like the tournament.