CBS Negative Effect | Syracusefan.com

CBS Negative Effect

anomander

Living Legend
I am not sure why they have messed with a good thing. I used to look forward to the weekend games almost more then the 1st round, but now with this 1 game in the 12 , 2 and 4 time slot imo it has ruined a good thing. Just look at yesterday the first 3 games were snoozers, and each had a 20 minute break in between. Now today it's the same thing with the Duke-Creighton game tipping at 9.40. Throw in the 5 minute commercial breaks that won't end until midnight. Having to wake up at 445 am they expect me to stay up and watch (it was the game i was most looking forward to)? They need to go back to the 1 game at the noon time slot, and then start staggering them from 2pm on, with all ending by 10 on Sunday. And get rid of those ridiculously long time outs. Not sure why you have to mess with a good thing.

I am not sure why they have messed with a good thing. I used to look forward to the weekend games almost more then the 1st round, but now with this 1 game in the 12 , 2 and 4 time slot imo it has ruined a good thing. Just look at yesterday the first 3 games were snoozers, and each had a 20 minute break in between. Now today it's the same thing with the Duke-Creighton game tipping at 9.40. Throw in the 5 minute commercial breaks that won't end until midnight. Having to wake up at 445 am they expect me to stay up and watch (it was the game i was most looking forward to)? They need to go back to the 1 game at the noon time slot, and then start staggering them from 2pm on, with all ending by 10 on Sunday. And get rid of those ridiculously long time outs. Not sure why you have to mess with a good thing.

It's called money.

The percentage of Americans who have to wake by 4:45am Eastern is so minimal, your concern will never be addressed.

Fact is, they are maximizing ad dollars by running from noon to midnight - so it ain't going back to overlapping Round of 32 games all afternoon any time soon.

that's right they don't make enough. hopefully it backfires on them.

Well, they are looking to recoup a 3/4 of billion dollar investment so I understand to some extent. But frankly without a DVR that you can pause for 30 minutes before watching a game, it is impossible to sit through due to the insane commercials. Even for SU games, I can't watch them live.

ok i understand running from noon - midnight i guess that's not the major problem. it's more the 1 game in the noon, 2, and 4 time slot.why not have 1 game in the late time slots?

ok i understand running from noon - midnight i guess that's not the major problem. it's more the 1 game in the noon, 2, and 4 time slot.why not have 1 game in the late time slots?

Always used to be only 1 game around noon on Saturday... and sometimes on Sunday as well. But by 2:30 it would double up.

Always used to be only 1 game around noon on Saturday... and sometimes on Sunday as well. But by 2:30 it would double up.

that's what i was hoping for. instead of having 1 game at the 2 and 4, why not do it at the 8 and 10?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom