CBS Sports ranks us 12th in the ACC for next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports ranks us 12th in the ACC for next year

Thats great, they aren't better than Lville, Duke, and Unc.

Who plays center for UNC? Luke Maye.
Is Cameron Johnson a PF?

Who for Duke scores outside of Allen and Duval?

History suggests they will figure it out, but those teams have question marks.

Miami has two top 20 NBA Draft picks. Lonnie Walker is going to be a stud.

Who plays center for UNC? Luke Maye.
Is Cameron Johnson a PF?

Who for Duke scores outside of Allen and Duval?

History suggests they will figure it out, but those teams have question marks.

Miami has two top 20 NBA Draft picks. Lonnie Walker is going to be a stud.

I agree that he is going to be a stud, Duke and Unc will have plenty of talent they will figure it out, Miami was mediocre this past season, and flamed out big time in the tourney, not sure I am willing to crown them acc champs, good team not the best.

I'm hoping for a team that competes, gets better as the season progresses, and is fun to watch. And I'd be quite pleased with anything over .500.

All that, plus of our 7 freshman and sophomores, I want at least 5 of them back the following year. We need a base of players to be here for awhile. With normal progression and Bazley coming in, we'd be looking pretty strong for 18-19.

Thats great, they aren't better than Lville, Duke, and Unc.

Your original post scoffed at the idea of miami winning, like its something that will never occur or some barbaric statement.

Literally just 5 years ago it happened.

Your original post scoffed at the idea of miami winning, like its something that will never occur or some barbaric statement.

5 years??? That was, like, the Pleistocene era, right?

5 years??? That was, like, the Pleistocene era, right?

People are always bringing up our Final Four appearance 5 years ago to defend the program's trajectory. Was that in the Pleistocene era? How about our lone Title, 10 years prior to that? Was that in the Jurassic period?

Last edited:
People are always bringing up our Final Four appearance 5 years ago to defend the program's tragectory. Was that in the Pleistocene era? How about our lone Title, 10 years prior to that? Was that in the Jurassic period?
I'm pretty sure it's the Pleistocene
JB Pleistocene era.jpg

Apologies for the poor photoshopping

We will surprise.
ACC 5th.
Julie put in an order for a cache of vitamins for JB, and Oshae, Moyer, and Battle will shine. We only need competence/league average at the Point and i kinda think the combination of PGs will do that, plus a bit.

All that, plus of our 7 freshman and sophomores, I want at least 5 of them back the following year. We need a base of players to be here for awhile. With normal progression and Bazley coming in, we'd be looking pretty strong for 18-19.
The prelude to the Buddy B era.

Even with all the new faces, I don't see how we finish below Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, NC State, and Clemson. Predicting us 8th is much more reasonable. Good thing is, rankings in July mean nothing. Hope the team sees this.
I'm right there with you. The article didn't even have a real reason would not be good. Hopkins is gone. They could have talked about Gillon, White and Lydon being gone at least. It's clear they didn't do much research.

I scoffed at the idea of them being the best team in the Acc,never said they didn't have a good team, they didn't have a good program.

That's exactly it. Whoever made this list must have seen a team that struggled lose Lydon, White, Gillon, and Roberson, with unknown recruits, redshirts, and transfers joining and returning.
That's just the way it is.
The Orange lose a lot of their points.

The three main issues ahead seem to be:

1. point play

2.veteran leadership

3. point play

And did I say point play?

People are always bringing up our Final Four appearance 5 years ago to defend the program's trajectory. Was that in the Pleistocene era? How about our lone Title, 10 years prior to that? Was that in the Jurassic period?
I'm hoping that 2 years ago will be a closer comparison when it's all said and done. There were uncertainties that year -- MR and TL were unkowns and JB got the most out of those guys. Last year there were too many injuries and one-dimensional players to overachieve. But this year, while there's uncertainty and lots of new faces, there is some talent and potential. To start with, we probably have 2 NBA prospects in TT and TB (although TT's defense was horrible last year). I don't see any reason why TB won't take the next step this year and become a go-to scorer and defender. Thorpe will provide size, defense and veteran experience in case FH is still NRFPT. We have 4 capable forwards to rotate at the 3/4/5 so I don't think the cupboard's as bare as the prognosticators. In fact, JB has remarked lately that we'll have enough scoring and will need Chukwu/Sidibe to defend the zone. I've been posting that for several months now because I think having (capable) size in the middle of the zone could be the factor that takes us from where we're predicted to land (12 and out) to our ceiling (top 5-6 and solidly in the tournament). Even if we don't overachieve, I don't see NC St. being ahead of us with a new coach (despite having Yurt7)

Last edited:
Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Notre Dame
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Virginia
Virginia Tech

12 looks dead on imo

pittsburgh ahead of us?

btw I'll eat my shoe if clemson, nc st, and wake all finish above us

(not gonna happen)

I could see Wake if we really struggle for whatever reasons. They do have some talent. Agreed no way the other two and Pitt.

I could see Wake if we really struggle for whatever reasons. They do have some talent. Agreed no way the other two and Pitt.
Right, I could see Wake possibly finishing above us (tho Collins is a huge loss for them) - and even nc state - just no way we und up below all three of those teams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom