CBS Sports released its top 100 players list... | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports released its top 100 players list...

jekelish

Living Legend
17. CJ Fair
69. Tyler Ennis

...and that's it for Syracuse. Sorry, Jerami Grant. These guys don't think you're good enough to be included on their top 100 list. Guess it's time to show them how foolish they are.

Same for CJ, too. 17? Really? The best player on a top 10 team is only 17th? Rated behind 5 guys who have never played even one second of college ball? Makes sense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ketball/24088271/cbssportscom-top-100-players

Ehh who cares. I think we are a tad underrated this year both as a team and individually. Lots of people have carolina ahead of us which I take as a grain of salt. I do agree that having cj 17th on this list is way too low IMO. People forget he scored 20 in the final four.

Par for the course with something that comes from Parrish. I hardly read their crap anymore as it usually seems to be something to stir up an argument in the comments below.

There's so much false certainty with lists like this. CBS puts it out because it gets clicks, but so many of these guys have either never played at this level or have never filled the kind of role they're going to be expected to fill this year.

Fwiw, Parrish gets the byline but it seems to be a combination effort.

I hope the UK kids keep reading all this crap.. then when reality hits and they are sitting there with no upperclassmen to help mold them as a unit as they get abused by a more experienced team.

17. CJ Fair
69. Tyler Ennis

...and that's it for Syracuse. Sorry, Jerami Grant. These guys don't think you're good enough to be included on their top 100 list. Guess it's time to show them how foolish they are.

Same for CJ, too. 17? Really? The best player on a top 10 team is only 17th? Rated behind 5 guys who have never played even one second of college ball? Makes sense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ketball/24088271/cbssportscom-top-100-players
what diff. does being on a good team make when evaluating top talents?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

There's so much false certainty with lists like this. CBS puts it out because it gets clicks, but so many of these guys have either never played at this level or have never filled the kind of role they're going to be expected to fill this year.

Fwiw, Parrish gets the byline but it seems to be a combination effort.

One of the interesting things that I've read is that Wiggins isn't even looking to be the best player on his own team in practice. In fact, he's not even in the top two or three.

I honestly hope things work out for him, but I have a feeling he's going to look more like Rudy Gay (which isn't a bad thing) instead of the best high school kid since LeBron.

I hope the UK kids keep reading all this crap.. then when reality hits and they are sitting there with no upperclassmen to help mold them as a unit as they get abused by a more experienced team.
Kentucky plays...

Michigan State
Robert Morris (LOL I guess they want revenge. I hope they get embarrassed again. Good story on how the win has affected Robert Morris basketball: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...morris-capitalizing-on-nit-win-over-kentucky/)
Providence
Baylor
Boise State
@North Carolina
Louisville
Florida
@Florida

Things could get messy for Kentucky early on. Luckily for them the SEC is dreadful, other than Billy Donovan.

Cbs is an abomination to sports broadcasting and journalism. I would punch each over of those dudes who reports there in the dink.

One of the interesting things that I've read is that Wiggins isn't even looking to be the best player on his own team in practice. In fact, he's not even in the top two or three.

I honestly hope things work out for him, but I have a feeling he's going to look more like Rudy Gay (which isn't a bad thing) instead of the best high school kid since LeBron.

Really? I hadn't read that. That kid Randle is supposed to be a beast too. But you'd expect Wiggins to be blowing everyone away

Cbs is an abomination to sports broadcasting and journalism. I would punch each over of those dudes who reports there in the dink.

Agreed completely. Further evidence that CBS and Turner should NOT be the ones televising the NCAA men's tourney. They don't have a clue about the sport, even though they host the premiere event.

Really? I hadn't read that. That kid Randle is supposed to be a beast too. But you'd expect Wiggins to be blowing everyone away
Maybe Mike is referring a line in the SI article where Wiggins is practicing with the team in a "fit in" way and Self yells at him that he wants to see the best player on the floor. Wiggins will not be the second coming of Wilt and Manning, but he should be the best Freshman this year and #1 in the NBA draft next year.

Maybe Mike is referring a line in the SI article where Wiggins is practicing with the team in a "fit in" way and Self yells at him that he wants to see the best player on the floor. Wiggins will not be the second coming of Wilt and Manning, but he should be the best Freshman this year and #1 in the NBA draft next year.

Yeah, there are some anecdotes about his play in practice.

I've never bought into the hype with him as being the best since LeBron for three reasons:

1) His size - His needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle without losing any speed or bounce to be an elite wing that can attack and finish at the rim and bang down low. Can he add it? Maybe.

2) His motor is a question which REALLY worries me.

3) He's not great with the media.

Again, I'm not saying he'll stink or won't deserve to be the #1 pick. But I don't think this kid is going to be one of the top 20 or 30 players of all time, just my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong. The better the players, the better the league and I'm a huge NBA fan.

We'll see.

Oh yeah, I think we've talked about the weight thing before, right?

It is worth mentioning he's still just 18. Even Lebron wasn't quite the physical presence at 18 that he would later become.

I really can't have any opinion on Wiggins though; I think I saw him play like a half in high school. I am excited to see him play though.

And wow, I just realized that Wiggins isn't going to UK. I knew he was going to Kansas, but when I made the comment about Randle I clearly forgot that.

I've read a couple people suggesting that, when it's all said and done, Joel Embiid might wind up being the best freshman to come out of this Kansas class.

17. CJ Fair
69. Tyler Ennis

Are you honestly upset by this stuff? I like these lists because I enjoy college hoops and am looking forward to it starting. But how in the world is anyone supposed to accurately rank the top 100 players? I mean, it's basically just a fun preview type article to get people talking hoops.

Also, if there's anyting crazy about the list it's that Ennis actually on it, IMO. I like the kid and am really hopeful he's as good as everyone thinks he's going to be, but playing 35-36 mpg in the toughest conference in America is a tall order.

I tend to agree that Grant should be on here, particularly if you think the Cuse is a top-10 team, which most publications seem to believe. But ultimately getting upset about it is pointless.

Yeah, I guess it has been two years since UK won a title with almost exclusively frosh and sophs.

Are you honestly upset by this stuff? I like these lists because I enjoy college hoops and am looking forward to it starting. But how in the world is anyone supposed to accurately rank the top 100 players? I mean, it's basically just a fun preview type article to get people talking hoops.

Also, if there's anyting crazy about the list it's that Ennis actually on it, IMO. I like the kid and am really hopeful he's as good as everyone thinks he's going to be, but playing 35-36 mpg in the toughest conference in America is a tall order.

I tend to agree that Grant should be on here, particularly if you think the Cuse is a top-10 team, which most publications seem to believe. But ultimately getting upset about it is pointless.
No, I'm not upset about it. I posted it in an effort to create some lively debate, so I admit I kind of feigned being fired up. I do think by the end of the year, we'll have more than two players on the list, and CJ will be regarded more highly. But yeah, believe me, it's nothing to get ACTUALLY worked up about.

I still can't believe I had Wiggins on UK. What an idiot.

And yeah, I was going to say Ennis might be overrated. Or not. Who knows.

Yeah, I guess it has been two years since UK won a title with almost exclusively frosh and sophs.

no not quite.. you quickly dismiss Miller - who was in many ways the real glue that saved them in quite a few games as the lone senior. I watched them a lot that year and without Miller- they were not the same team even if he didn't start.

Jarrod Polson baby!

This is kind of uncharted territory, pretty much every team has some kind of upper class presence.

Jarrod Polson baby!

This is kind of uncharted territory, pretty much every team has some kind of upper class presence.

there are certainly quality levels in that regard.. they had a 5th yr sr transfer as well this past year. Miller was a pro level talent who really brought that team together. Now that cal has had them for a few years they have thinned out the experience. I think Wiltjer leaving will hurt them. They have really no senior leadership or upperclass leadership to rely on this year.

no not quite.. you quickly dismiss Miller - who was in many ways the real glue that saved them in quite a few games as the lone senior. I watched them a lot that year and without Miller- they were not the same team even if he didn't start.

I suppose but a loaded team of frosh and sophs can still be a major factor and title contender. A key veteran or two is nice, but many of these kids play well beyond their years.

Yeah I mean the Fab five didn't really need Eric Riley and Michael Talley I don't think