CCSU Game Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

CCSU Game Thread...

Some quick impressions:

• Dungey looks terrific -- much stronger [which you'd expect from an upperclassman], but still exposes himself to a lot of unnecessary punishment
  • OL looks shaky as hell
  • Ishamel and Philips are going to have huge years
  • Pierce broke the seal, and looks like he'll make an increasingly bigger impact as he gets more comfortable
  • Custis looks like he might be able to provide a deep threat, and partially help to replace what we lost in Etta-Tawo
  • Defense might be a bit further along than most thought, but lots of question marks still
  • Black had a nice game
  • Too many true frosh played tonight. Ugh.
  • Rex has an ugly hitch in his throwing motion, and the ball seems to float. But he completed a lot of passes
  • Coverage might still be an issue
  • In the big scheme of things, it is tough to make any definitive conclusions against such an opponent -- but we're off to a good start and one step closer to a bowl

Last edited:
Some quick impressions:

• Dungey looks terrific -- much stronger [which you'd expect from an upperclassman], but still exposes himself to a lot of unnecessary punishment
  • OL looks shaky as hell
  • Ishamel and Philips are going to have huge years
  • Pierce broke the seal, and looks like he'll make an increasingly bigger impact as he gets more comfortable
  • Custis looks like he might be able to provide a deep threat, and partially help to replace what we lost in Etta-Tawo
  • Defense might be a bit further along than most thought, but lots of question marks still
  • Too many true frosh played tonight. Ugh.
  • Rex has an ugly hitch in his throwing motion, and the ball seems to float. But he completed a lot of passes
  • Coverage might still be an issue
But there was one that didn't. ;)

Great first game, got to play a live game while still trying to figure things out. I think we kept it pretty vanilla on both sides of the ball IMO.

O line got zero push. Without a significant improvement they will be eaten alive by ACC teams

Agreed O line flat out stinks, horrible. Get some god damn push off the line, freaking embarrassing run blocking. Strickland looked bad too as does Mo. Liked Pierre as he seems to be running down hill and had some vision.

Bad run blocking along with RB that can't see things is really a horrible Combo.

Thought D looked 10,000 times more athletic. o looks Same

What can you take away from a game against such an inferior opponent...other than if we played in the FCS we'd be talking about a big winning season.

So how many redshirts got burnt?

Not a fan of that, but if they're eligible they need to see the field all season.

Pretty sure Byrne has been playing center in the 2nd half.

Darney was the C. Byrne was at G. I think darney realistically is the 4th string C- servais, heckel, Byrne then darney

suhelmets-jpg.108901

One down, fourteen to go! :cool:

How can we continue to have offensive line issues when we have a dang offensive guru as a coach?

Actually, it was my favorite movie as a kid. Just thought it was cool.
Killdozer was also a Midwest punk rock band in the 80's. It is a cool tag.

I was actually in a record store in SeaTac about an hour ago and I pull a record out of the bin and...Killdozer. What are the odds? Of course I bought it ;)

After the first three scores it looked like we went a little vanilla. Tough to be sure, my internet connection was a joke and cut out every three downs.

How can we continue to have offensive line issues when we have a dang offensive guru as a coach?

Because he's only in his second season. And because it takes OL time to develop. And because the first group of OL recruits he brought in are only redshirt freshmen.

It will eventually level out, but it might take another year or two before OL goes from a huge liability to a strength. With the recruits we're bringing in, help is on the way.

Agreed O line flat out stinks, horrible. Get some god damn push off the line, freaking embarrassing run blocking. Strickland looked bad too as does Mo. Liked Pierre as he seems to be running down hill and had some vision.

Bad run blocking along with RB that can't see things is really a horrible Combo.

Thought D looked 10,000 times more athletic. o looks Same
Strickland doesnt have it. What didnt we play JF last year as he is exponentially better than any of our backs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom