CCSU Game Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

CCSU Game Thread...

Who is playing Center? I hope someone who we won't need. These snaps, yeesh.

Nykiem, can't say enough.

Pierre looks great.

Who is playing Center? I hope someone who we won't need. These snaps, yeesh.

Nykiem, can't say enough.

Pierre looks great.

Pretty sure Byrne has been playing center in the 2nd half.

You aren't wrong. Love to see Roberts on the OL and, after seeing Slayton being extremely disruptive, I think OL is the weakest unit on the team.

I honestly don't think run blocking is as easy as a lot of people make it out to be. I think, with this offense and weapons, an ideal game for our running backs is something like 15 carries for 45 yards and 2 touchdowns. Custis has looked good when he knows what route to run.
Ideal or expected for this year? This offense has the ability to put up ginourmous numbers when all the pieces are in place. Baylor had games where teams played them for the pass and they put up 300+.

I'm not a coach and never played so you could be right about the blocking. However, I have heard offensive lineman say they'd rather run block than pass block where they can be the aggressors instead reacting to what the defense does.

Glad we got to see Rex now; because every pass he throws down field is an interception in the ACC...

Pretty sure Byrne has been playing center in the 2nd half.

Surprising, with all his experience. Literally every snap was a floater and off to Culpepper's right. At one point, I wondered if Rex was mistakenly lining up behind the left guard.

Agreed. Usually "C" teams are painful to listen to, with lots of repetitive football philosophies expressed. These guys are entertaining and free flowing. Not bad for this type of game, where it isn't a closely contested outcome.

It would be exponentially more annoying in a close game.

Yeah figured we were going to get Dicky Simkins quality color commentating. Pleasantly surprised and mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Ideal or expected for this year? This offense has the ability to put up ginourmous numbers when all the pieces are in place. Baylor had games where teams played them for the pass and they put up 300+.

I'm not a coach and never played so you could be right about the blocking. However, I have heard offensive lineman say they'd rather run block than pass block where they can be the aggressors instead reacting to what the defense does.

I think it takes another year to get the pieces in place for ACC level Baylor style.

Nykeim is exciting. Pierre has another level in him. Our OL recruiting has been phenomenal, but it takes time for OL to develop.

I think this team will get there, but the number of true freshman playing shows just how depleted the cupboard was. Add in Roberts (maybe our best or 2nd best OL next to Conway) being out and it's gonna be tough.

But, we just hung up 50 and have given up single digits. I just want to enjoy it and not worry about MTSU (especially since I just moved to Murfreesboro today) for a day!

Stritzinger has the look of a walk-on

He'll probably be a nice DB for us, but we did say we'd give him a chance at RB.
Altho the 2 plays he was involved with were not great, he never had a chance on that option play.
Jim Brown probably wouldn't have made anything out of that - dude was on him a microsecond after he took that pitch.

He'll probably be a nice DB for us, but we did say we'd give him a chance at RB.
Altho the 2 plays he was involved with were not great, he never had a chance on that option play.
Jim Brown probably wouldn't have made anything out of that - dude was on him a microsecond after he took that pitch.

Yeah - Rex tried to get him killed on that pitch

suhelmets-jpg.108901

That's heresy. Jim Brown would've stiff armed him before catching the pitch and then thrown him over his shoulder just to carry him to the endzone for good measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom