Celtics/Lakers 30 for 30 | Syracusefan.com

Celtics/Lakers 30 for 30

Briancuse

Living Legend
Is anyone as excited as I am for this upcoming series? First of all I think that Espn does a fantastic job with these series, I grew up on this Celtic/Lakers rivalry, before I became a Knick fan, I was a huge Magic fan. It should be terrific.

Is anyone as excited as I am for this upcoming series? First of all I think that Espn does a fantastic job with these series, I grew up on this Celtic/Lakers rivalry, before I became a Knick fan, I was a huge Magic fan. It should be terrific.
didn't know they were doing one.

in the 80s that was about as big you can get in sports.

its sorta why I was said I was Sixers fan in the other thread.

when is coming out?

I cant wait for the Mike and the MadDog one, you guys will see how they paved the way for a lot of stuff we just take for granted now.

didn't know they were doing one.

in the 80s that was about as big you can get in sports.

its sorta why I was said I was Sixers fan in the other thread.

when is coming out?

I cant wait for the Mike and the MadDog one, you guys will see how they paved the way for a lot of stuff we just take for granted now.

Tomorrow and Wed. I can't wait for the Mike and the Dog one too.

I am pissed the Lakers lost to the Rockets in 1986.
That 86 Celtics team was their best one and the Lakers lost to Houston in the WCF.

The following year was the Lakers best team in 1987 and an injured Celtics team outlasted both the Bucks and Pistons(including Bird's crazy steal in game 5) and lost to the Lakers.
I hope that is brought up. The count should be 2-2 but the Lakers tapped out in 86.

The Lakers of the 80s were like LeBron now in the East. They owned the conference.
Boston had to deal with Philly thru 1984 and then Detroit the rest of the decade.

I still respect the heck of those Lakers teams. I hated LA but it was a like the 2003-2004 Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. Each side won.

I am pissed the Lakers lost to the Rockets in 1986.
That 86 Celtics team was their best one and the Lakers lost to Houston in the WCF.

The following year was the Lakers best team in 1987 and an injured Celtics team outlasted both the Bucks and Pistons(including Bird's crazy steal in game 5) and lost to the Lakers.
I hope that is brought up. The count should be 2-2 but the Lakers tapped out in 86.

The Lakers of the 80s were like LeBron now in the East. They owned the conference.
Boston had to deal with Philly thru 1984 and then Detroit the rest of the decade.

I still respect the heck of those Lakers teams. I hated LA but it was a like the 2003-2004 Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. Each side won.

While I'm very excited for this 30 for 30, I would love to see one on that '86 Rockets team. Lot of stories there.

Part 2 was dope.

Old school NBA would be, hands down, the greatest spectator sport if they were still allowed to play that way.

I love football, but no pads, physicality and trash talking on the hardwood would surpass it, IMO.

It's a shame the game has become so weak. The rationale is that a clean game draws more fans and NBA ratings are insane right now so I guess I can't argue that but I feel that anytime there's a scuffle/hard foul/fight, the game becomes a media spectacle and everyone talks about it?...

I like these ESPN pieces but this one seemed to be lacking. Too much ML Carr. Interesting to see two of the greatest teams ever in the wake of the Warriors trying to join the ranks.

I thought it was entertaining, but didn't have a lot of depth.

Reminder me of the Laettner doc. Easy picking for a topic that wasn't really great, but was entertaining.

I thought it was entertaining, but didn't have a lot of depth.

Reminder me of the Laettner doc. Easy picking for a topic that wasn't really great, but was entertaining.

It was pretty good, not as good as I was expecting.

I didn't really care for the biased celebrity narrator angle. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't add much, to me.

As a Lakers fan, I already know way more about the 80s Lakers than they went into here, so I didn't learn anything new about them. That's ok though, it's always enjoyable to hear those guys talk about those days. I was dying at Kareem's response to that dumb reporter asking him if he was going to Africa. I would've liked to have seen more old footage like that, that I'd never seen.

The doc did reinforce the thoughts I already had...the Celtics and their fans were poor sports, the Pistons were dirty, and the Lakers just played and won and lost with class, and brought excitement to the game.

The Bill Walton stuff was gold. No surprise there.

I think the late 70s- early 80s Sixers would make for a great 30 for 30. Similar story to the Bad Boy Pistons of falling short many times before finally getting over the hump...except for they were much more likable.

While I'm very excited for this 30 for 30, I would love to see one on that '86 Rockets team. Lot of stories there.

I need to see one about the early 2000's Portland jailblazers

I didn't really care for the biased celebrity narrator angle. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't add much, to me.

As a Lakers fan, I already know way more about the 80s Lakers than they went into here, so I didn't learn anything new about them. That's ok though, it's always enjoyable to hear those guys talk about those days. I was dying at Kareem's response to that dumb reporter asking him if he was going to Africa. I would've liked to have seen more old footage like that, that I'd never seen.

The doc did reinforce the thoughts I already had...the Celtics and their fans were poor sports, the Pistons were dirty, and the Lakers just played and won and lost with class, and brought excitement to the game.

The Bill Walton stuff was gold. No surprise there.

I think the late 70s- early 80s Sixers would make for a great 30 for 30. Similar story to the Bad Boy Pistons of falling short many times before finally getting over the hump...except for they were much more likable.
those Sixer teams were awesome.

they had the defacto #1 guy in Dr J and kept running into the Celtics or the Lakers.

Mo Cheeks
Andrew Toney
Bobby Jones
Dr J
Moses
Marc Iavaroni

then they got Charles and still couldn't get by and I was full Knicks by then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom