Celtics really got in Melos head tonight | Syracusefan.com

Celtics really got in Melos head tonight

MyMeloMyMan

All Conference
He is never good when he starts the one on five schtick. I hope they dont face boston come playoff time. They know just how to push his buttons and knock him around.

yeah he really got dragged into some stuff with them. Probably the worst game he's played all year.

Man do I hate Boston.

Boston did this with success to melo and lebron for years. Lebron realized you cant try to beat these guys with words and cheap shots. Play your game and shut the old guys up on the scoreboard.

He went back to denver mode tonight. Ima get mine, because its personal. Hopefully its just a one time thing

Twitter has a couple reports that Melo went over towards the Celtics locker room and started yelling at somebody/something. I hate the Celtics especially Garnett. He's one of the biggest "fake tough guys" in pro sports. Always taking cheap shots and when its someone who he knows wont do anything he gets in their face, but someone who's tough and will go at him he backs away and wants no part of it. Don't even get me started on those stupid pushups he would do in the game during the Eastern Conference Finals last year.

Just one game, but not exactly MVP behavior or play.

And the Celtics did in the Knicks on the road without arguably their best, or perhaps key, player, Rajon Rondo.

Meanwhile, 4-28 Washington, a night after getting its clock cleaned at Miami, comes home and beats 26-7 Oklahoma City. Go figure.

Man, I do love hoops.

Garnett definitely seems like a fake tough guy.

But he beat Melo tonight; I don't know what he did but it worked.

Woodson needs to bench brewer and play Copeland, when you have Kidd, Camby, Chandler, Brewer, Melo you only have one person who can score. Brewer doesn't even play good defense anymore, so he is a total waste being out there at the start of the game and half.

Melo is still the best player on the planet at the moment. Thats not even up for debate

Twitter has a couple reports that Melo went over towards the Celtics locker room and started yelling at somebody/something. I hate the Celtics especially Garnett. He's one of the biggest "fake tough guys" in pro sports. Always taking cheap shots and when its someone who he knows wont do anything he gets in their face, but someone who's tough and will go at him he backs away and wants no part of it. Don't even get me started on those stupid pushups he would do in the game during the Eastern Conference Finals last year.

This isn't big-time rassling or the NHL where going all macho and kickin' some tush is a way of life; the way to deal with Garnett and others who try to get in your head is to outplay them. I just talked to Ice Cube, and he suggests Carmelo check himself before he wreck himself...

Melo is still the best player on the planet at the moment. Thats not even up for debate
I'd like to click on the "like" tab, but I'm lookin' for the "guffaw" tab. I see what you're doin'. You're lookin' for a 6-page thread, you, you...

Garnett definitely seems like a fake tough guy.

But he beat Melo tonight; I don't know what he did but it worked.

Fake tough guy? He was one of, if not at times the toughest defender in the NBA for about a ten-year stretch (with Wallace and World Peace). He's not what he was physically anymore (quickness/hops) but he's still a very savvy vet.

Fake tough guy? He was one of, if not at times the toughest defender in the NBA for about a ten-year stretch (with Wallace and World Peace). He's not what he was physically anymore (quickness/hops) but he's still a very savvy vet.

Garnett will be a footnote on CA's rear by seasons end. Fake tough guy

yeah he really got dragged into some stuff with them. Probably the worst game he's played all year.

Man do I hate Boston.

I hate the Knicks and their front running fans who don't understand what a lousy, irrelevant franchise they root for.

i dont care what was said but going up to their locker room- thats just awful.. make wm pay on the court - this was just a struggling veteran saavy group trying to get an edge up on the division leader.. gotta let it go and play on

I love how butthurt people get over KG since he owns them. Jealous much? The guy might be the best big man of this generation and people harp on him since he talks smack and takes other teams players off their game. Has a guy like Tyson CHandler come close to accomplishing half of what KG has? KG has been an MVP in this league and been a big time scorer first and now he is just a defensive force and does whatever it takes to win.

Melo got outplayed by the Truth tonight. Just one game but he doesn't look like he has a prayer of beating Boston...ever. Still a great season from Carmelo I am glad he is finally performing at MVP level outside Denver.

Doubt he has a big post season but that shouldn't take away from him stepping up with an MVP season for NYK. Probably has to pull a LeBron and go to a super power team if he ever wants to win (opt out and play for the Clips maybe or have LeBron join him in NY.)

Noone has a prayer of beating the Celtics with Avery unless Stern rigs it. Boston had the heat beat last year until Avery went down Wade looked like a scrub when he went up against him. Pierce isn't half the player he used to be but he can play like he used to since he has Rondo, Avery, and KG on the court with him. Sully and Green are solid as well. Lee and Terry will chip in a little. Easily the best team in the NBA none of the other big teams apart from San Antonio play any D. Don't buy into the record the Celtics need Avery Bradley Rondo KG and Pierce all cannot elevate their game against elite talent if he isn't playing.

Knicks got no prayer against the C's in a 7 game series they'll be lucky to get a 5th game.

The C's would lose a 4-2 in a seven game series. Above post is super homer-ish.

Knicks will be fine against the Celtics when they get Felton and Shump back. Thats more important to the Knicks than the C's having Rondo.

Oh and Garnett is a fake toughguy. Guys talks all the trash in the world but guarantee you hes not ready to throw down.

Melo went after Garnett after the game, the video is all over the internet now. Why? Because Garnett made sexual references about Melo's wife.

I hate the Knicks and their front running fans who don't understand what a lousy, irrelevant franchise they root for.

Irrevelant? New York? The World's Most Famous Arena? All the banners and retired numbers hanging in the Garden---Frazier, Reed, Monroe, Debusschere, Bradley, Barnett, Holtzman, McGuire, Ewing. Gotta say this is a real head-scratcher. Could anything be further from the truth? Just curious, for my own edification, who would the "relevant" franchises be? The Minnesota Timberwolves? The Charlotte Bobcats?

Come on, front running?!?!?!? I guess I imagined all those games I watched from 2002-2010.

Got lots of respect for Boston but I want to beat them more than any other team in the league. Pierce and KG really get to me.

Just one game, but not exactly MVP behavior or play.

And the Celtics did in the Knicks on the road without arguably their best, or perhaps key, player, Rajon Rondo.

Meanwhile, 4-28 Washington, a night after getting its clock cleaned at Miami, comes home and beats 26-7 Oklahoma City. Go figure.

Man, I do love hoops.

It helped that OKC missed 16 straight shots at one point in the game.

This is the video of Melo waiting for KG at the C's team bus...

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-bos...r-Garnett-by-team?blockID=821079&feedID=10424
That's awesome, right out of high school. Carmelo is out of line on this one. I like how Rondo walks up and gives him a look of "Are you seriously doing this right now Melo?" If anything, Melo is the fake tough guy. Remember the slap and run, lol It doesn't matter what KG said, you have to let your play do the talking. Melo looks bad in all of this, because it clearly threw him off his game, other teams will only do more of the same now. The problem with last nights game was the Knicks switching on the screens. It left Chandler up high on the PG or PP, and then KG was on Melo or Kidd, or even Novak at times. And when Melo had KG he was abused. Mike needs to fix that, their D was awful when it was needed most.

The Knicks have been switching every screen forever it seems/

Melo...comes back to us son! That was straight childish.

Now he is going to try to go all super human on the C's each time... because its personal.

I love how butthurt people get over KG since he owns them. Jealous much? The guy might be the best big man of this generation and people harp on him since he talks smack and takes other teams players off their game. Has a guy like Tyson CHandler come close to accomplishing half of what KG has? KG has been an MVP in this league and been a big time scorer first and now he is just a defensive force and does whatever it takes to win.

Melo got outplayed by the Truth tonight. Just one game but he doesn't look like he has a prayer of beating Boston...ever. Still a great season from Carmelo I am glad he is finally performing at MVP level outside Denver.

Doubt he has a big post season but that shouldn't take away from him stepping up with an MVP season for NYK. Probably has to pull a LeBron and go to a super power team if he ever wants to win (opt out and play for the Clips maybe or have LeBron join him in NY.)

Noone has a prayer of beating the Celtics with Avery unless Stern rigs it. Boston had the heat beat last year until Avery went down Wade looked like a scrub when he went up against him. Pierce isn't half the player he used to be but he can play like he used to since he has Rondo, Avery, and KG on the court with him. Sully and Green are solid as well. Lee and Terry will chip in a little. Easily the best team in the NBA none of the other big teams apart from San Antonio play any D. Don't buy into the record the Celtics need Avery Bradley Rondo KG and Pierce all cannot elevate their game against elite talent if he isn't playing.

Knicks got no prayer against the C's in a 7 game series they'll be lucky to get a 5th game.

lol... thats about as wise a statement as it was a wise move for melo to wait on kg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom