Celtics really got in Melos head tonight | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Celtics really got in Melos head tonight

Yep, MCW will fit in well in the Association.

"Ref, thanks for making that call...now let me tell you why it was wrong for the next 3 minutes"
The best was the Knicks/Grizzlies game. Come on, admit it, that game was funny. The Knicks were literally doing "You're not the father" dances every time the refs called a foul. It was hilariously awesome.

The best was the Knicks/Grizzlies game. Come on, admit it, that game was funny. The Knicks were literally doing "You're not the father" dances every time the refs called a foul. It was hilariously awesome.

LMAO

That is a perfect description. I thought I was watching an SNL sketch or something. They all just followed Rasheed's lead that night.

Tyson Chandler is really the main culprit though. Watch him after every single foul call, even on a random night when they are up 25 against Milwaukee. You would almost be led to believe he nor the Knicks had EVER committed a personal foul.

If a player disagrees with a call once in a while, and he expresses that to the refs, that's ok, IMO.
Its the long drawn-out histrionics, and the constant jabbering that needs to stop.
Melo always looks like he's irritated by the officiating especially when they miss a couple. Fine, he doesn't get all the calls...but show me the last time bitchin' & moanin' ever endeared a player to the refs?
As for MCW, and Dirty as well, nip that nonsense in the bud right now, TODAY!!!
Say what you will about Triche, but when he complains you know he's justified since its so rare.

Didn't see a thread about last night's game.

The Honey Nut Cheerio blast must have not worked a second time...and all those "crazy" boston fans were sure silent from the 3rd Q on.

Melo wins.

Fans were kind of quiet for most of the night, to be honest.

"They now have the book on Carmelo, blah blah blah blah blah". KG didn't dare say a word to him the whole night. Melo put him in his place. Even the fans didn't bother it.

That's how you EARN respect. By standing up for yourself, no matter how sloppy it looks. The first time you do something is never pretty, but better than not doing it at all. I said I was proud of Melo after the altercation, I'm still proud of him today.

"They now have the book on Carmelo, blah blah blah blah blah". KG didn't dare say a word to him the whole night. Melo put him in his place. Even the fans didn't bother it.

That's how you EARN respect. By standing up for yourself, no matter how sloppy it looks. The first time you do something is never pretty, but better than not doing it at all. I said I was proud of Melo after the altercation, I'm still proud of him today.

"The Book" on Melo is not that he reacts when an Ahole like KG crosses the line, its that he tends to react to things outside of his game- like the officials and opposing player's comments.
No one can begrudge a man standing up for himself, especially if what KG reportedly said was accurate. Other players have said that wives and family are off-limits.
But the way to frustrate Melo, from his days in Denver up till now, has been to play him physical and then watch him complain to the refs. Once he gets distracted and gets a T, you've got him off balance. That's no secret- and very different from what may have gone down w/ KG.
In the long run, if he just plays and refuses to get distracted, then this incident will have been beneficial.

28 pts on 28 shots... an improvement over the last game..thats for sure...but not one to write home about.

28 pts on 28 shots... an improvement over the last game..thats for sure...but not one to write home about.

He really struggled in the first half. Seemed to come alive in the 2nd half though.

Sidenote: Anyone know what JR Smith's numbers were last night? Seemed like he missed almost every shot, and he took a lot of them.

He really struggled in the first half. Seemed to come alive in the 2nd half though.

Sidenote: Anyone know what JR Smith's numbers were last night? Seemed like he missed almost every shot, and he took a
lot of them.

3-16. Took a ton of bad shots. At least he didn't let all of the misses hurt his defensive effort, but he was bad JR on offense last night.

3-16. Took a ton of bad shots. At least he didn't let all of the misses hurt his defensive effort, but he was bad JR on offense last night.

Am I the only one who still thinks Melo and JR will cancel out Lebron and D Wade come playoff time? I feel like this is their time...

When the Knicks get Felton back, Stat, and Shumpert up to speed the record will be better. All the other teams have had very few injuries to their better players , unlike the Knicks.

Melo, Felton, Amare, Chandler, JR Swish, Shump, Kidd, White, Priggs, Copeland. I dont think any team has a better top 10 than the Knicks...

I expect a breeze through the playoffs once all these guys are healthy and ready to rock come April...

Melo, Felton, Amare, Chandler, JR Swish, Shump, Kidd, White, Priggs, Copeland. I dont think any team has a better top 10 than the Knicks...

I expect a breeze through the playoffs once all these guys are healthy and ready to rock come April...
Hopefully either Camby or Wallace get back to help inside, 2 tough guys to help Chandler. Defense is what wins in the playoffs, and guys like that don't have to play major minutes just disrupt the other teams offense.

Am I the only one who still thinks Melo and JR will cancel out Lebron and D Wade come playoff time? I feel like this is their time...

I think this is the first team that Melo has been on that has a legit shot to win it all. Maybe its just me but his previous teams have had no where near the talent it takes to win a championship. He had a solid team in Denver, but solid does win it all.

Hopefully either Camby or Wallace get back to help inside, 2 tough guys to help Chandler. Defense is what wins in the playoffs, and guys like that don't have to play major minutes just disrupt the other teams offense.
Sheed may be done for the year with that foot injury.

He made two bonehead plays down the stretch that could have come back to bite the Knicks. I love and support him but am not blind to his faults.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom