Celtics really got in Melos head tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Celtics really got in Melos head tonight

Fake tough guy? He was one of, if not at times the toughest defender in the NBA for about a ten-year stretch (with Wallace and World Peace). He's not what he was physically anymore (quickness/hops) but he's still a very savvy vet.

Ohhh he's just a very savy vet? Thanks, that explains it. Here I was thinking when you hit Channing frye in the nuts while he's shooting a three, tell Charlie Villanueva he looks like a cancer patient, say tell your mom I say happy Mother's Day to Tim Duncan a few days after its widely publicized she died due to breast cancer, shoving bill walker after the game because to missed a buzzer beater, and the countless other cheap shots he throws meant he was a dirty player and just a huge punk. Can you clear up the misconception with Rondo too for me?

I didn't hear about the Duncan thing. That really happened?

As a Celtics fan, I just don't like Melo. He comes across as a thug. On the other hand, KG is just phony as someone else said. Just a fake tough guy. What he does works for him though, so why change?

Knicks411, I agree. Cared about Miami at this point, I want to destroy Boston. Pierce and Garnett are so aggravating. Melo has to get his wits back and I expect the Knicks to come out proving a point next time they play Boston. It is very evident how much they miss Shump and Felton, both in the execution of the offense and on perimeter defense. Kidd is great when he plays spot minutes but its getting tough depending on him and Prigioni playing big minutes every night. The Knicks do need to figure out how to grind out games against the Bostons and Chicagos of the world. Theyve lost they nerve against both teams this year. All I know is that when a guy on another team goes after your wife, and in a sexual manner, thats deserving of whatever he gets imo. Melo made comments before the game about the Celtics being soft or something to that affect and Boston definately took that personally. I dont expect to make it through this season without these two teams brawling at some point.

I didn't hear about the Duncan thing. That really happened?

Yea it's the reason they hate eachother. It's been reported a bunch of places, if you google it a buch comes up.

All I know is that when a guy on another team goes after your wife, and in a sexual manner, thats deserving of whatever he gets imo.

When you marry a chick who dated 10 of your peers in your profession, you should likely expect some talk on the court... I'm sure its not the first time. If melo was having a good game, he would not have lost his cool like that. Melo was frustrated and decided to find a distraction to concentrate on.

Ohhh he's just a very savy vet? Thanks, that explains it. Here I was thinking when you hit Channing frye in the nuts while he's shooting a three, tell Charlie Villanueva he looks like a cancer patient, say tell your mom I say happy Mother's Day to Tim Duncan a few days after its widely publicized she died due to breast cancer, shoving bill walker after the game because to missed a buzzer beater, and the countless other cheap shots he throws meant he was a dirty player and just a huge punk. Can you clear up the misconception with Rondo too for me?

How does him being a jerk disqualify him from being one of the toughest defenders in NBA history?

How does him being a jerk disqualify him from being one of the toughest defenders in NBA history?
Hes a tough defender...not a tough guy. Theres a reason why half the league calls him a "fake tough guy". Guarantee you KG wasnt having any part of seeing Melo after the game.

If Melo was back in Baltimore with his boys, he would have shot up the bus as it pulled out of the arena...

Alan Hahn is probably one of the best Knick guys there is. This is his take on Twitter.

Alan Hahn@alanhahn
Anyone who knows Melo knows this isn't typical. What did KG say, how personal was it, for this type of reaction? More than just trash talk

Alan Hahn@alanhahn
Spare me the "composure" sanctimony. These are still human beings.

Alan Hahn@alanhahn
For those who longed for the days of the 90s Knicks, you got em back. Hotheaded, maddening and yet so close to being good enough

Alan Hahn@alanhahn
Re: suggestions that Melo waited by Celtics bus to "fight" KG. He was there to confront him personally about something said. Talk not text!

That game got heated real quick last night. That was quite the atmosphere.

They are humans, but I bet Melo also hears stuff like that from the fans as well. That's the worst I've ever seen Melo get, and honestly, I don't remember too many players get that visibly angry during a game.

That game got heated real quick last night. That was quite the atmosphere.

They are humans, but I bet Melo also hears stuff like that from the fans as well. That's the worst I've ever seen Melo get, and honestly, I don't remember too many players get that visibly angry during a game.
The other Knicks were PISSED. Whatever was said and we have an idea what was said, was bad. Melo looked like he was gonna murder somone and you could tell the other Knicks players were ready to throw down at any second. This morning Iman Shumpert tweeted hes cleared for contact and specifically called out Boston.

yeah a lot of times it seems like a lot of posturing and stuff, but last night Melo looked really really mad.

I never commented on his ability to play defense. I said he's a dirty player and a fake tough guy. I took your post as defending his dirty over the top fake toughness act as him just being a savy vet who does what it takes to win, like pretty much all celtics fans seem to do.

Yeah who said anything about KG being a great defender? He's obviously incredible. Still a douche.

The celtics are clearly an aging team holding on to the glory of 2008 and trying to keep some sort of swagger as they are no longer a contender. With that comes KG ever reaching into his bag of low class insults. Melo is human indeed but he should also know better as KG is going to take whatever route possible to try and get under the skin. Clearly he has failed in the past so going for a new approach worked for him. Either way the C's won't be sniffing the 2nd round this year so small victories I guess.

I can't stand Boston. Now they no longer have K-Jo, Fab is on most cuse fans list and Sullinger plays for them. Add that to the many other good reasons to hate Boston and its a done deal. I look forward to when Sheed gets healthy. He is the best guy to toe the line with KG. That and a rematch with a healthy Felton, Shumpert etc.

The celtics are clearly an aging team holding on to the glory of 2008 and trying to keep some sort of swagger as they are no longer a contender. With that comes KG ever reaching into his bag of low class insults. Melo is human indeed but he should also know better as KG is going to take whatever route possible to try and get under the skin. Clearly he has failed in the past so going for a new approach worked for him. Either way the C's won't be sniffing the 2nd round this year so small victories I guess.

I can't stand Boston. Now they no longer have K-Jo, Fab is on most cuse fans list and Sullinger plays for them. Add that to the many other good reasons to hate Boston and its a done deal. I look forward to when Sheed gets healthy. He is the best guy to toe the line with KG. That and a rematch with a healthy Felton, Shumpert etc.

Lets not forget...the C's would have been in the NBA Finals just last year if Lebron didn't go all Lebron in game 6. This is still a team that could beat anyone in the East if Pierce and Rondo were playing their "A" game.

Lets not forget...the C's would have been in the NBA Finals just last year if Lebron didn't go all Lebron in game 6. This is still a team that could beat anyone in the East if Pierce and Rondo were playing their "A" game.

Who cares about the what ifs? They are not even the same caliber team they were last year. One game vs the knicks and they are suddenly a threat to win the east? Come on...

Boston had a lot go their way last year as well. They didn't have to play the Bulls in round 2 because of Rose. Horford came back in the middle of the series in round 1 and wasn't himself. (and i recall them missing a foul call before an inbonds play) and Bosh didn't play the first 4 or 5 games of the east finals.

Boston, if they make the playoffs and have everyone healthy, will definitely be a threat. But they did catch some breaks last year. (And I know Bradley was hurt.) But if Rose doesn't blow out his ACL they probably lose in round 2. They had to go to 7 games against the Sixers.

Hes a tough defender...not a tough guy. Theres a reason why half the league calls him a "fake tough guy". Guarantee you KG wasnt having any part of seeing Melo after the game.

I believe the term that is used for KG is "studio gangster".

Lets not forget too that the celtics struggled with the hawks in round one, had Derek rose tear his acl and lucked out by getting to play the 8 seed in the second round (which took them to 7 games), then went up 3-2 in the heat while bosh was injured and lost the only two games of the series bosh started and played his normal minutes (putting them at a record of 1-6 against the heat in the playoffs in games which bosh starts and plays normal minutes). Hearing Celtics fans talk about them you'd think they were this great dynasty. They won one championship in 5 years they were together, made an improbable run last year due to pretty much catching every break possible, and this year are an old team hovering around .500 who thinks because they got a good role player back from injury their primed for another championship.

Boston had a lot go their way last year as well. They didn't have to play the Bulls in round 2 because of Rose. Horford came back in the middle of the series in round 1 and wasn't himself. (and i recall them missing a foul call before an inbonds play) and Bosh didn't play the first 4 or 5 games of the east finals.

Boston, if they make the playoffs and have everyone healthy, will definitely be a threat. But they did catch some breaks last year. (And I know Bradley was hurt.) But if Rose doesn't blow out his ACL they probably lose in round 2. They had to go to 7 games against the Sixers.

Beat me to it

KG reminds me a bit of Claude Lemieux.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom