Celtics really got in Melos head tonight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Celtics really got in Melos head tonight

If KG told me my wife tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios i'd probably fall over laughing.

All I'm saying is...as a Knicks fan...I want no part of Boston in the first 2 rounds. I'd rather face anyone else. The Knicks seem to get thrown off a bit when someone punches back. They like to be the aggressor and don't like it when someone else tries to Big Boy them.

I think the Knicks will slice through the Heat because Miami won't get physical...Boston will be a dogfight..

If KG told me my wife tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios i'd probably fall over laughing.
Haha, there must be something more to that because, yea, I would be like uhhh ok bro.

The book on Melo is rough him up a little & try to get in his head...by any means necessary.
If he doesn't learn how to compose himself better than he has, EVERY team will look to throw him off in this way.
The Utah Jazz used to fluster him in Denver by using the smaller & quicker CJ Miles to deny him the ball. The Lakers used Ron Artest, and the Celts and teams like that all follow the same formula.
A superstar ignores the BS and plays through it. Melo needs to stop talking to the refs and going back-n-forth with other players. It seems to happen waaaaay too much for a player of his stature...he's not a vintage Rasheed Wallace, he's a bigger star than that. Why feed into his own demise?

Melo does need to realize that what DoctorBombay has posted is what is going on. Take it as a compliment, they know they can't gaurd him so they have to resort to these tactics. Not saying whatever KG did or said wasn't low but acting the way Melp did is only going to make more guys do it and Boston do it that much more.

I will say that for whatever reason Melo does not and has never seemed to get the calls that guys like Lebron, Wade, Durrant and company do plus they often hit him with bogus offensive fouls when he is basically just giving back to the defender what is not being called against him. Not sure why its that way but it is and he could easily be averaging another 3-4 ft;s a game for his career IMO.

The book on Melo is rough him up a little & try to try to get inside his head...by any means necessary.
If he doesn't learn how to compose himself better than he has, EVERY team will look to throw him off in this way.
The Utah Jazz used to fluster him in Denver by using the smaller & quicker CJ Miles to deny him the ball. The Lakers used Ron Artest, and the Celts and teams like that all follow the same formula.
A superstar ignores the BS and plays through it. Melo needs to stop talking to the refs and going back-n-forth with other players. It seems to happen waaaaay too much for a player of his stature...he's not a vintage Rasheed Wallace, he's a bigger star than that. Why feed into his own demise?
In his defense, the other superstars actually get calls. Melo can be roughed up because the refs allow it.

Just for the record, Melo averages 7.,7 FT per 36 minutes for his career, Lebron 7.9. Wade averages 8.5.

Those don't seem ridiculous to me. Should Melo be getting to the line more than Lebron or Wade? Wade probably attacks the basket more than any of them, since he has the worst jump shot.

My goodness...must every thread on sufan.com turn into a blame the refs thing?

Melo has taken more outside jump shots every year since 07. He is taking 3.2 shots per game in the paint this year and he still shoots 1 free throw more per game than Lebron James. Lets cool it on the "Woe is Melo" schtick.

My goodness...must every thread on sufan.com turn into a blame the refs thing?

Melo has taken more outside jump shots every year since 07. He is taking 3.2 shots per game in the paint this year and he still shoots 1 free throw more per game than Lebron James. Lets cool it on the "Woe is Melo" schtick.
Its not just here. Knicks beat writers talk about this all the time. It seems to be a pretty common perception amongst NBA analysts as well.

Its not just here. Knicks beat writers talk about this all the time. It seems to be a pretty common perception amongst NBA analysts as well.

Yeah but I don't really see it in the numbers. How many FT should be be taking per game?

I bet since Lebron is so strong he gets hit a ton of times and doesn't get calls. It happens. You're more likely to see it when it's your guy and you watch him every day. I bet if I watched every Miami game I could find Lebron or Wade getting hit a lot and not getting the calls.

Btw, somewhat related; I feel like the flopping fines have really worked.

I think some of these guys are so good and so strong...many of the top players complain about being hit and not getting calls. I don't think its a Melo problem... it's just New York putting more spotlight behind it. You could call fouls on every drive to the hoop...like holding in football.

In related news, I am tired of the Knicks whining to the refs on every trip down the court. Huge fan...just hate the constant chatter. I think in the end, it hurts them.

In related news, I am tired of the Knicks whining to the refs on every trip down the court. Huge fan...just hate the constant chatter. I think in the end, it hurts them.

Aren't you the self appointed NBA expert on the board? This happens in every game and every team. Even KD is starting to cry. 3 techs in last 3 games. Blake Griffin is the worst. Need I even mention DWade and Lebron or Kobe?

Not excusing the Knicks...just saying, it's a leaguewide epidemic

I think some of these guys are so good and so strong...many of the top players complain about being hit and not getting calls. I don't think its a Melo problem... it's just New York putting more spotlight behind it. You could call fouls on every drive to the hoop...like holding in football.

Yea, the Knicks need to be able to handle their ish if they are going to talk like they do. They dont, they get too emotional and if thats the case they the constant chatter hurts them. Melo having an off game also compounded the situation as well.

Aren't you the self appointed NBA expert on the board? This happens in every game and every team. Even KD is starting to cry. 3 techs in last 3 games. Blake Griffin is the worst. Need I even mention DWade and Lebron or Kobe?

The worst part is how downlow is officiated. Last night they showed Melo and Garnett literally fighting for position like greco-roman wrestlers with no whistle. KG goes to post up and back down Melo and Melo puts his hand on KG's back lightly and gets called for a foul. There is no rhyme or reason for how they officiate the post, they could call a foul on every play during post ups if they wanted to.

Just an NBA junkie who watches League Pass too much while on call. I see much more chitter chatter from the Knicks than other teams. MIA would run a close second. I agree though..overall, this is a growing problem on a larger scale as well. I almost wish refs would hand out more T's... shut up and play ball!

Just an NBA junkie who watches League Pass too much while on call. I see much more chitter chatter from the Knicks than other teams. MIA would run a close second. I agree though..overall, this is a growing problem on a larger scale as well. I almost wish refs would hand out more T's... shut up and play ball!

To me the problem is these little conferences that the players are allowed with the refs. ENOUGH. No talking to the refs, period.

To me the problem is these little conferences that the players are allowed with the refs. ENOUGH. No talking to the refs, period.

Exactly.
Always wondered if HC Mike Woodson talks to Melo about this...since he has his respect.
Its obvious he's our one indispensable player, so like it or not, the games often hinge on him.
Just calm the F down and play the game...enough with jibber-jabber! :bang:

Im the opposite of both of you. I HATE the quick tech's. Let the guys show emotion. Same with physicality, let the guys shove each other and get in each others faces. Not everything needs to be a double technical or an ejection. The NBA would do well to let this happen, lets see the hype and ratings for the next Knicks/Celtics game, guarantee you theyre bigtime.

Im the opposite of both of you. I HATE the quick tech's. Let the guys show emotion. Same with physicality, let the guys shove each other and get in each others faces. Not everything needs to be a double technical or an ejection. The NBA would do well to let this happen, lets see the hype and ratings for the next Knicks/Celtics game, guarantee you theyre bigtime.

They used to let that happen and Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson ended up in the stands punching people in the face. So as much as would like to agree with you, the players tightened the leash themselves.

I dont like the quick T...but if a guy is still talking to the ref with expressive arms and emotions on the 2nd free throw...he should be T'd up. I don't understand these long discussions that are taking place after every foul anymore.

I dont like the quick T...but if a guy is still talking to the ref with expressive arms and emotions on the 2nd free throw...he should be T'd up. I don't understand these long discussions that are taking place after every foul anymore.

Ive watched basically every Clips game this year...every game Blake Griffin does the 2 minute convo with the ref doing the "But my arms were like this..and you still called it" followed the "I can't believe this" reaction face and mocking fake laughter in the refs face.

If I was the ref, immediate T. And I tell him, do it again, and you're T'ed again...and every game I'm the ref, you'll be T'ed.

The thing that drives me crazy is how every "somewhat" hard foul is automatically a flagrant. Players in the 90's would have been ejected every game.

Ive watched basically every Clips game this year...every game Blake Griffin does the 2 minute convo with the ref doing the "But my arms were like this..and you still called it" followed the "I can't believe this" reaction face and mocking fake laughter in the refs face.

If I was the ref, immediate T. And I tell him, do it again, and you're T'ed again...and every game I'm the ref, you'll be T'ed.

..and to bring this back around to the Syracuse angle...MCW is quickly starting to pull this charade as well. Cut the .

..and to bring this back around to the Syracuse angle...MCW is quickly starting to pull this charade as well. Cut the ****.
Yea, hes become quite the diva. He needs to take it down a notch. Literally from the second he was tabbed a lottery pick he started acting like this.

Yep, MCW will fit in well in the Association.

"Ref, thanks for making that call...now let me tell you why it was wrong for the next 3 minutes"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom