Center position | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Center position

For the same reason that you put Draymond at the 5 when you had full size 5s in Ezeli/Bogut. If he can play even remotely adequate defense, then you have unlocked your offense from playing 4 on 5 & also pull the opposing teams 5 to the perimeter and just makes scoring easier for every other player. Its the way that the NBA now functions and imagine we will continue to see more of in NCAA.

Presumably, if Lydon is in at the 5, TT or Roberson will be in the game. If that's the case, opposing teams will have their center playing those guys. Lydon will be guarded by a forward, regardless.

Presumably, if Lydon is in at the 5, TT or Roberson will be in the game. If that's the case, opposing teams will have their center playing those guys. Lydon will be guarded by a forward, regardless.

Do you think its a negative to have a Center trying to guard Roberson? I find that to be a major positive. He can either knock down jumpers from the FT line if the guy sits back or pull him out there to either open up driving lanes or can just blow by that guy himself.

Do you think its a negative to have a Center trying to guard Roberson? I find that to be a major positive. He can either knock down jumpers from the FT line if the guy sits back or pull him out there to either open up driving lanes or can just blow by that guy himself.

It's not a negative, but it's not enough of a positive to make much difference. I'd argue the precarious defensive situation for Lydon and potential for him to get in foul trouble negates any advantage Roberson would have on offense against a center.

It's not a negative, but it's not enough of a positive to make much difference. I'd argue the precarious defensive situation for Lydon and potential for him to get in foul trouble negates any advantage Roberson would have on offense against a center.

Think you're also not really taking into account what the offense becomes with Battle now being out there in lieu of Chukwu/DC in this situation. The Gillon/Howard, Battle, White, Roberson, Lydon lineup has got to be the most potent and option filled offense that we've seen here in ages.

Think you're also not really taking into account what the offense becomes with Battle now being out there in lieu of Chukwu/DC in this situation. The Gillon/Howard, Battle, White, Roberson, Lydon lineup has got to be the most potent and option filled offense that we've seen here in ages.

All Roberson has to do is run by his guy and hes going to get a pass moving toward the basket. We saw this in game one when he was ignored even with a smaller guy on him. Roberson could shoot 60% from the floor this season if he continues to take the type of shots he is getting off of the other players spreading the floor.

Last edited:

If Roberson shoots anything but a layup with the 4 guys he has around him he should be put on the bench immediately. His mid-range game is awful and I don't want to see possessions where he's shooting it when there are far more capable guys that have a better chance of putting the ball in the hoop.

That's no doubt a good lineup. But rest has to be taken into consideration. I'm not saying Lydon should never play the 5; I'm saying it shouldn't be our 'go-to'. If Lydon gets 20-25 mpg at Center in that lineup, what will the substitutions be?

I think this lineup is excellent if we need to push the pace and put some points on the board in short spurts. I don't think it's a good starting lineup that should be on the court more than any other lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom