Class of 2024 - CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered

His personality seems to be okay with the recruits. It’s as likely as not he makes the FF this year.

His personality seems to be okay with the recruits. It’s as likely as not he makes the FF this year.
Have you watched the guy on the sidelines? He’s not well. A total clown. OrangeDW, you wanna weigh in on Hurley’s personality defects. ;)

I have told you this before, the Fland talk is in the woman's softball thread. Get with it.
Congrats! to the women for sweeping Canisius. Did not see a work about Fland.

Don’t know if this has been answered yet in this thread, but, what does CG before his name stand for? He’s a Center/Guard? Constant Guard? Corner Guard? Cunning? Cooperative? Crazy? What is it? I’m lost lol

Don’t know if this has been answered yet in this thread, but, what does CG before his name stand for? He’s a Center/Guard? Constant Guard? Corner Guard? Cunning? Cooperative? Crazy? What is it? I’m lost lol

Combo Guard.

He points and he shoots.

Combo Guard.

I always took combo guard to be kind of an insult. Guys who weren't quite true point guards, but either didn't score enough or weren't big enough to be called shooting guards.

Nobody called a score first point like Johnny Flynn a combo.

Strange to see it attached to a consensus top10 player like Fland.

I guess in the top end of talent, it's a guy who can do whatever he wants on the court, but has guard height.

I always took combo guard to be kind of an insult. Guys who weren't quite true point guards, but either didn't score enough or weren't big enough to be called shooting guards.

I guess in the top end of talent, it's a guy who can do whatever he wants on the court, but has guard height.
I see it as the opposite. A combo guard literally means they can play both on and off the ball.

I see it as the opposite. A combo guard literally means they can play both on and off the ball.
No, Niastri is right. It essentially means a PG sized SG, which isn't a good thing. Nobody called Ja Morant a combo guard, not because he couldn't play off the ball, but because he has true pg skills.

I think of it as a compliment. Boogie is extremely versatile. He’d start here from day 1

No, Niastri is right. It essentially means a PG sized SG, which isn't a good thing. Nobody called Ja Morant a combo guard, not because he couldn't play off the ball, but because he has true pg skills.
Usually the opposite actually. Combo guards tend to be bigger not smaller. They are more normally SGs who are skilled enough to also play PG.

Combo Guard.
Basketball Player.

People tend to use position labelling to focus on the deficiencies. Miami Heat sold me on the notion of positionless basketball with multiple players having diverse skill sets that fit more than one traditional role. We have had players over the years whose skill sets give you so much more flexibility than those limiting roles.

Fland has attributes of a 1,2 and even a little 3. He’s a basketball player.

Steph Curry blew up the negativity surrounding the combo guard label a longggg time ago. It’s not a bad thing.

Basketball Player.

People tend to use position labelling to focus on the deficiencies. Miami Heat sold me on the notion of positionless basketball with multiple players having diverse skill sets that fit more than one traditional role. We have had players over the years whose skill sets give you so much more flexibility than those limiting roles.

Fland has attributes of a 1,2 and even a little 3. He’s a basketball player.

Cool -- but not sure why you posted that in response to what I wrote.

Someone above asked what "CG" stood for, I answered.

Cool -- but not sure why you posted that in response to what I wrote.

Someone above asked what "CG" stood for, I answered.
Not a direct response. Sorry if you took it as a criticism. Simply tagging in to the ongoing conversation about positional responsibilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom