Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine the points this guy will put up with the high screen. Pick and pop from deep 3. Money. Will avg over 20 a game. Need him. Need him bad. Perfect fit. Gerry 2.0

Can you imagine the points this guy will put up with the high screen. Pick and pop from deep 3. Money. Will avg over 20 a game. Need him. Need him bad. Perfect fit. Gerry 2.0

Gerry averaged between 13 & 17 a game over his career.

But JGIII, a much lower-ranked guy, will get 20? :rolleyes:

Gerry McNamara

The last guy we had who averaged 20 as a Frosh was Melo.

JGIII ain’t GMac, and he certainly ain’t Carmelo.

Joe has a big family, l
He is the guy you want the most????? Over Stewart? Over Akok? Over Quincy? To say that I couldn't disagree with you more would be a giant understatement.
Quincy is going to Oregon, Stewart is very unlikely(as a matter of fact our chances go up for him if JG111 commits but still not good), and Akok is still in the weeds but probably our most likely to commit.

We will see what happens people make predictions on here all the time and are wrong and have been wrong. Nobody really knows except the recruit himself.

Gerry averaged between 13 & 17 a game over his career.

But JGIII, a much lower-ranked guy, will get 20? :rolleyes:

Gerry McNamara

The last guy we had who averaged 20 as a Frosh was Melo.

JGIII ain’t GMac, and he certainly ain’t Carmelo.
GMac was also either the #1 or #2 scoring option his entire time here. I don’t think JGIII will ever be. If he is, we had a rough recruiting cycle

GMac was also either the #1 or #2 scoring option his entire time here. I don’t think JGIII will ever be. If he is, we had a rough recruiting cycle
Or, he turns out to be a better player than folks think.
I remember playing G Tech years ago when SU fans thought Stevie Thompson would destroy their 6'0 PG.
Well, Mark Price proved us wrong.
Not saying the kid is Mark Price, but perhaps, he could be close. Who wouldn't take that?

We will see what happens people make predictions on here all the time and are wrong and have been wrong. Nobody really knows except the recruit himself.

I'm not as sold on JG3 as you are, but I agree that the potential is there for him to become a special player at SU. Kid's a winner. He's smart. He's got a great work ethic. If we run our offense and utilize him (set screens, etc) he could be a really great piece of the puzzle. One of the reasons I think he's a good catch is because I think his game translates well to college and less so for the NBA which would mean he's likely to be a 4 year program guy. He'd probably be a star by his senior season.

I'm not as sold on JG3 as you are, but I agree that the potential is there for him to become a special player at SU. Kid's a winner. He's smart. He's got a great work ethic. If we run our offense and utilize him (set screens, etc) he could be a really great piece of the puzzle. One of the reasons I think he's a good catch is because I think his game translates well to college and less so for the NBA which would mean he's likely to be a 4 year program guy. He'd probably be a star by his senior season.
That's exactly what makes JGIII intriguing as a recruit. I don't think anyone knows how his career will go, but most kids who are rated outside the top 100 don't usually generate scholarship offers from Duke, Syracuse, Michigan, Notre Dame etc but he got those offers for what you are saying: he is a winner, he is smart, he has a great work ethic, likely a four year guy. There are compelling reasons for him to go to any of his top six (except maybe PSU) and maybe he is waiting to see what Stewart is doing, but I still think Syracuse would be a great landing spot for him.

People also make predictions on here regularly and are right. I guess it depends on how you decide to look at things?

Recruiting is fluid. 17-20 year old kids change their minds in an instant and are easily influenced by the adults around them. Everyone intellectually know this, but in the rush to tell someone that they are wrong, they seemingly forget that fact. Heaven forbid that things might change after a person talked to the person who gives them information. Or that the information wasn't correct. There is nothing wrong with just saying "Thank you for giving us the information." But we have to add the dig "But, you were wrong."

Few people anymore seem to know how to shut there mouths, listen, learn and figure out who are the posters to trust and who not to trust. It is almost like they are mad that someone else might know more than they do.

We have some people who read what is posted and question or even challenge almost everyone who makes a prediction. Sometimes even new people who haven't been on the board for long, questioning posters who have been proven right far more often than proven wrong for many years.

Many of the newer posters don't have a clue about the history of the many iterations of this board, and just how far back it stretches. To anyone who knows the history, it is almost laughable how ridiculous some people sound challenging a poster with a very long history of being right way more than being wrong. Laughable, if it wasn't so sad how many long time posters who had inside knowledge have been chased away by the challengers.

I applaud those who are brave enough to provide us all with information that we obviously are desperate to hear. (Otherwise we wouldn't be on these boards)

I don't know you, I have no idea whether this includes you or not, only you can decide that. It isn't a challenge toward you, just a commentary on the direction of your post, whether intended or not.

And maybe, just maybe, it gives one or two posters a second thought before they have to throw that dig in.

Good interview with JG3...gives some insight on all 6 schools hes considering.

Good interview. Gut feel is it’ll be BC with us having the next best shot then Michigan.

I won’t get the BC argument because your going to have competition wherever you go

It sounds to me it’s either Penn State or BC. Unfortunately. I also don’t understand the argument he’s not a great fit m. Our 3 point shooting has been horrid the past few years and some in this board immediately wrote he’d be better at BC... don’t understand that logic

It sounds to me it’s either Penn State or BC. Unfortunately. I also don’t understand the argument he’s not a great fit m. Our 3 point shooting has been horrid the past few years and some in this board immediately wrote he’d be better at BC... don’t understand that logic

It will not be horrid this year and we have Goodine coming in who is a better shooter than Girard. He shot a higher percentage in AAU than Girard. So did Buddy and so did Carey.

Personally, I'd rather play 20 min a game in front of 30k+ than 40 min a game in front of 6k

I love Goodine...love love love him but he's not a better shooter than JG

The percentages in AAU say otherwise.

Edit: it was closer than I thought. Girard was at 35% from 3 and Goodine 36.

Last edited:
The percentages in AAU say otherwise.

Edit: it was closer than I thought. Girard was at 35% from 3 and Goodine 36.

%'s don't tell the entire story. I think Gmac went down in %'s each year...he wasn't getting worse as a shooter

%'s don't tell the entire story. I think Gmac went down in %'s each year...he wasn't getting worse as a shooter
No, but he was shooting with more attention and defense on him. Just like these guys did in AAU.

It’s not a game of horse. The ACC will D them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom