Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not here to pick a side. But BYU isn't in the ACC.

Also, just because they played at the same HS and Jimmer succeeded doesn't necessarily mean JG will. Or JG could be more successful. Guys who go to Oak Hill are less successful at the next level sometimes than guys who go to small public high schools. It's really hard to to compare 2 players in that sense
It is hard to compare. For my part i think that Joe will do well. 50 points per game regardless of the competition is amazing. His range will force attention and open up some great lanes. Simply put he has to be accounted for.

Jimmer Fredette scored a lot of points and shot 3's well at Glens Falls. I assume JF in high school played against similar competition as JGIII. Fredette also did well at BYU...so why won't JGIII be able to transfer his shooting talent to college?

Fredette shot 38% 44% 39% from 3 at BYU his last 3 years...after playing limited minutes as a freshman.

Jimmers a bigger smoother athlete. Lots more wiggle. , like A decvendorf. Girards a defense stretching marksman at the next level, plain and simple. He can definitely help us and I think will be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmers a bigger smoother athlete. Lots more wiggle. , like A decvendorf. Girards a defense stretching marksman at the next level, plain and simple. He can definitely help us and I think will be successful.
I agree that JG3 will be successful in that limited role. Jimmer IMHOP is a different and better player by a fairly large margin.

It is hard to compare. For my part i think that Joe will do well. 50 points per game regardless of the competition is amazing. His range will force attention and open up some great lanes. Simply put he has to be accounted for.
I know how bad that league is where he scored 50 a game so thats why i look at his City Rocks numbers/games and that’s a more accurate tell on what kind of player he is. Right now he’s a inside the gym range player with average handle and limitations to his game that can be worked on and improved. Sign him up.

His plan was originally to have announced by now. Tells me he is waiting for something. I assume that something is Duke related. Are they waiting on a commit decision at guard? ?

Or he’s waiting on school to start.
I am wondering if he is tied to Isiah Stewart’s decision. Meaning if he wants to play with him then he will wait until Isiah makes a decision. He could be part of a package plan with respect to a couple of schools like Duke.

Or he’s waiting on school to start.

School hasn't started yet? They're having football games already aren't they? My daughter has been back at school for 2.5 weeks already. I just assumed he was waiting to see if Duke (or someone else) closed on a guy they've said is ahead of him, if not maybe he goes there.

School hasn't started yet? They're having football games already aren't they? My daughter has been back at school for 2.5 weeks already. I just assumed he was waiting to see if Duke (or someone else) closed on a guy they've said is ahead of him, if not maybe he goes there.
School in NY will not start until this Tuesday 9/4.

Wonder if hes waiting on a dual offer from BC

He’s not going to be a D1 quarterback unless he plays at Massachusetts or Tulane. Basketball is his future

I’m just thinking he might want to announce he’s going to Cuse in a gym full of classmates.

I agree that you do this with your friends and community looking on. Throw on that cuse hat Joe!

Do whats best for you Joe and where you see your best chance to contribute.

Yeah that’s Syracuse. We are all supporting your decision to pick cuse and not listen to waffling fans who feel your superior talent goes anywhere else but here. Let’s go cuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom