Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSU doesn't make much sense. BC makes more sense than them.

I thought the allure was to play closer to home. In the Big your road trips are 15-16 hours away in a lot of cases.

PSU doesn't make much sense. BC makes more sense than them.

I thought the allure was to play closer to home. In the Big your road trips are 15-16 hours away in a lot of cases.

That’s a. Good point

I think its PSU - no inside info, but I think the kid is smarter than the "he should have gone AAU" crowd gives him credit for. I think he knows the NBA isn't in the cards but he will choose based on PT and what he wants to be as an adult in the work force.
I agree that he may realize that the NBA is a long shot, but if he develops well he could absolutely have a lucrative professional career somewhere. I'm doubt he's giving up on his dreams of playing BB for a living., assuming he has those dreams to begin with.

I agree that he may realize that the NBA is a long shot, but if he develops well he could absolutely have a lucrative professional career somewhere. I'm doubt he's giving up on his dreams of playing BB for a living., assuming he has those dreams to begin with.

Yeah. Guys like Triche, Rautins and Joseph are doing quite well for themselves overseas. Making well over 6 figures.

Meanwhile

Meanwhile his lead recruiter is a guy who didn’t have an NBA career, but is now positioned to possibly take over one of the top 10 programs in all of college basketball in a few years. Even if he doesn’t get the HC job, he is on the short list and worst case has an elite level assistant coach gig. So when you start thinking about post college employment that’s not NBA, I don’t think Syracuse is to poor of an option.

Since JG3 likely doesn't have the game to become an NBA player, as many have suggested, I wonder if the fact that Gmac, Red, Griffin and Devo (until he moved on) are all former Syracuse guards now part of our coaching staff could factor in at all in his decision process? SU hires its own. He could make a nice living coaching (or play overseas).

Anyhow, I can see this going our way, but I can easily see him choosing PSU or BC. He has a challenging decision to make with many factors. If playing time is his number one priority IMO we're out. But if he values having a chance to play for a team that contends in March, we're in pole position. Hmmm...

What did he say?
As we speak another article up lol

here is the article where psu is referenced by JG's dad

Joe Girard III plans to make college decision this week

“Coach Chambers and Penn State are on the right track right now,” Girard III said. “My motto is always to be different, and I can boost them to the next level from the NIT to the NCAA tournament.”

Orangefan1 recommend linking the articles so ppl know what you are talking about

here is the article where psu is referenced by JG's dad

Joe Girard III plans to make college decision this week

“Coach Chambers and Penn State are on the right track right now,” Girard III said. “My motto is always to be different, and I can boost them to the next level from the NIT to the NCAA tournament.”

Orangefan1 recommend linking the articles so ppl know what you are talking about
What goals Joe has ‍Smh

What goals Joe has ‍Smh

you never know what someone's intentions are. very possible the comment is smoke and mirrors. i doubt the dad wants to spoil his son's moment

I don’t see anything from his dad in that article that makes me think PSU. That quote posted above is from Joe, not dad. Anyway, I didn’t even realize PSU was a real player here. Thought it was Cuse or BC. I’ll take my chances against either. Think in the next week or so we’ll be adding Joe. Buddy and Joe will be a lethal combo. Throw in Quincy and Akok and wow.

My favorite takeaways from the Atticus was his loyalty to hometown area( which we are, I’m sure he would love to enable them to attend by being close), can’t stand to lose, admits he’s a shooter but says he can fulfill other roles setting up teammates ( as a quarterback making quick decisions, I imagine he could be an incredible assist guy. If college is his ceiling, how could a guy like that not want/need to cap it off with a National championship.

I really like this kid for our program. However, has anyone considered that he might be following his mentors flight plan? Go to a lesser program where you will be the guy, score a ton, elevate them from baseline, garner a lot of attention, gain celebrity and a lucrative professional career. While you're at it throw in a NBA showcase or two. I hope he opts for a different path. SU.

I really like this kid for our program. However, has anyone considered that he might be following his mentors flight plan? Go to a mid ( sorry BYU), score a ton, elevate them from baseline, garner a lot of attention, gain celebrity and a lucrative professiobal career. While you're at it throw in a NBA showcase or two. I hope he opts for a different path. SU.
while they are not all renowned hoop powers, there are no mid majors among his finalists - all p5 schools

while they are not all renowned hoop powers, there are no mid majors among his finalists - all p5 schools
Yes, I edited it. ...about my point?

you never know what someone's intentions are. very possible the comment is smoke and mirrors. i doubt the dad wants to spoil his son's moment
Joe III, not his father, said that about Penn State and Chambers. There hasn’t been much talk about PSU lately in this recruitment. I always thought they were a distant 5th or 6th. For a Northeast kid like Girard, I’m surprised the Big 10 would be more appealing to him over the ACC.

If you knew the NBA wasn't in the cards why would you go to a school with no chance of winning anything in college?

For a degree?

I really like this kid for our program. However, has anyone considered that he might be following his mentors flight plan? Go to a lesser program where you will be the guy, score a ton, elevate them from baseline, garner a lot of attention, gain celebrity and a lucrative professional career. While you're at it throw in a NBA showcase or two. I hope he opts for a different path. SU.

Nah, that doesn't fit our narrative....why would we consider that?

Joe III, not his father, said that about Penn State and Chambers. There hasn’t been much talk about PSU lately in this recruitment. I always thought they were a distant 5th or 6th. For a Northeast kid like Girard, I’m surprised the Big 10 would be more appealing to him over the ACC.
I would think the same but Huerter went Big 10 as well. Northwestern has a kid from the City Rocks from Kingston and the Buie kid signed with Northwestern for next season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom