Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
BC seems the pick to me. Close to home...more I,mediate playing time and Boston has great image as a college town in upstate New York

Penn State is a sleeping giant. If they ever make the right hire (maybe they have already) there is no reason that they can’t be very competitive. They just have never really gone all in on Basketball. Great facilities, great campus, excellent academic school, great conference association. HUGE rabid other sport fanbase that with a couple of winning seasons should be able to be awakened to hoops.

I like them much better than BC, which I think is always going to be behind the curve as a program.

:vomit: No.

Penn State’s no sleeping giant. Maybe if they were in a different conference. Philly/nyc/baltimore/NJ kids aren’t seeing a ticket to the pros running through happy valley

If I'm Joe, I' m going to be different. Going where they say I can't excel, on the biggest stages in the sport. Not looking to be the big fish in the small pond. Looking to make the big splash in the big pond. Close to home. Dancing every year! If I read Joe correctly, he really believes in himself. Duke too expected. It is Cuse, baby.

If im Syracuse im taking another trip to glens fall tomorrow if its still allowed.

Guy sounds like he knows the family well...worth the read! You will like his prediction :)

His own dad refers to him as "JG3"? That alone makes me question the article, to say nothing of the part-time logic employed to reach the conclusion.

If I had a dime for every coach who called the program they just took over “a sleeping giant.” It’s a nice sales pitch to administrators and fans. But Once a coach takes over, they soon realize there are limitations, just like almost very other program. Hop said it about Washington too. He might get them to be a regular upper echelon program in the crappy PAC-12, but that does not make them a “giant.” It even took Jay Wright years to get Nova, which had a rich history, to the giant level they’re now at.
Agreed. When something has been asleep as long as Penn State basketball, most people just call it dead.

They haven't been relevant since the jump shot was invented.

Penn State basketball: What are program's most memorable postseason wins?

Agreed. When something has been asleep as long as Penn State basketball, most people just call it dead.

They haven't been relevant since the jump shot was invented.

Penn State basketball: What are program's most memorable postseason wins?

I always remember the snippet in the Big East 30-for-30 where they show footage of a Syracuse Penn State basketball game telecast from like 1977 or something and the announcer says "Penn State looks like a JV squad compared to Syracuse!"

I always remember the snippet in the Big East 30-for-30 where they show footage of a Syracuse Penn State basketball game telecast from like 1977 or something and the announcer says "Penn State looks like a JV squad compared to Syracuse!"
There was a time when we played them twice a year, home and home, every year. They played just like you would think: like a bunch of no talent, uber physical thugs.

That program is exactly where it belongs. Near the basement of a league of mostly untalented, thug teams. B1G basketball is unwatchable. I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style unless there was no other option available.

Open minded. Joe’s not us. A diehard Syracuse fan.
Listen, i get it: till they sign on the dotted line, nothing is a done deal w/ these kids.
In fact, in my “open-minded” opinion its ND that would be the perfect fit. He’d run Brey’s offense while hoisting 3’s in a program that’s been much more successful than BC. But...we shall see.

If I’m Joe I’m going to BC. Their style of play is perfect for him and they launch 3’s left and right and all game long at BC.

Well your not so. Btw they just got a few shooting guards to committ recently

There was a time when we played them twice a year, home and home, every year. They played just like you would think: like a bunch of no talent, uber physical thugs.

That program is exactly where it belongs. Near the basement of a league of mostly untalented, thug teams. B1G basketball is unwatchable. I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style unless there was no other option available.
Frank Brikowski went to Penn State. Only player of note (?) I can think of. Seems to fit your description to a T.

I was at that game. Penn st had all they could do to get the ball over half court. I'm not joking.

Listen, i get it: till they sign on the dotted line, nothing is a done deal w/ these kids.
In fact, in my “open-minded” opinion its ND that would be the perfect fit. He’d run Brey’s offense while hoisting 3’s in a program that’s been much more successful than BC. But...we shall see.
Too far away. His family can’t see him as much. This we do know basically its us or BC. Both relatively close and one school has a more guard oriented offense.

Notre Dame signed 3 shooting guards just like JG3 last year and they are now freshman. No room there. They’re not even recruiting him anymore. Listen to insiders like Jake, Francis, and others, plus the Glens Falls columnist. We got this. All signs point to SU.

I remember Joe responding to JB saying after PSU moved to the Big 10 that PSU basketball would never be any good. Joe's answer was: "What does he know about winning?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom