Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is averaging over 32 ppg playing varsity as a freshman at Jimmer Fredette's old high school. His dad was a 2000+ scorer in HS and played at Lemoyne under John Belein. This kid has a long way to go but you never know.
Is Glens Falls freshman Joseph Girard III the next Jimmer?
I'm going to bump my starting post from almost three years ago when JGIII was a freshman. I said you never know and 135 pages later we know and it is now official. Congrats to the Girard family and all of his Glens Falls neighbors, relatives and schoolmates. Hopefully you break all of Gmac's bus caravan records.

Glens Falls in good shape for a trip to the Carrier Dome.

James_Allen_photo__2_bigger.jpg
James Allen‏ @TUSidelines
FollowingFollowing @TUSidelines
More

Through three quarters, Glens Falls leads Marlboro 41-21.

1. James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 17m17 minutes ago
    More
    Glens Falls heads to the state final for the second time since 2016.
    0 replies0 retweets3 likes

2. James_Allen_photo__2_bigger.jpg
    James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 18m18 minutes ago
    More
    Glens Falls 48, Marlboro 28 (Final)

Next week he plays against Batavia. What a game for the kid from Batavia today. 8 touchdowns. Unreal.

1. James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Ray Leach from Batavia rushed for 462 yards and eight touchdowns in the semifinal win over Skaneateles.
    0 replies0 retweets1 like

2. James_Allen_photo__2_bigger.jpg
    James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Batavia vs. Glens Falls Nov. 24 at noon for the Class B state football title at the Syracuse Carrier Dome.

Next week he plays against Batavia. What a game for the kid from Batavia today. 8 touchdowns. Unreal.

1. James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Ray Leach from Batavia rushed for 462 yards and eight touchdowns in the semifinal win over Skaneateles.
    0 replies0 retweets1 like

2. James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Batavia vs. Glens Falls Nov. 24 at noon for the Class B state football title at the Syracuse Carrier Dome.

My hometown. He has 900 yds and 16 tds last 2 weeks. 1200 and 22 last 3. Barely getting a sniff from local schools.

My hometown. He has 900 yds and 16 tds last 2 weeks. 1200 and 22 last 3. Barely getting a sniff from local schools.
His stats have to open some eyes. Kind of like Jordan Canzeri from Troy who beat Ashton Broyld in the State Championship. According to Rivals, Canzeri was recruited by Villanova, Indiana, Yukon and Iowa (who came in late in the game). Kid visited Iowa on 1/28/11 and signed with them on 2/2/11. Didn't play a ton but had almost 1000 yards and 12 TD's his senior year at Iowa.

His stats have to open some eyes. Kind of like Jordan Canzeri from Troy who beat Ashton Broyld in the State Championship. According to Rivals, Canzeri was recruited by Villanova, Indiana, Yukon and Iowa (who came in late in the game). Kid visited Iowa on 1/28/11 and signed with them on 2/2/11. Didn't play a ton but had almost 1000 yards and 12 TD's his senior year at Iowa.

The teams Canzeri and Broyld played on would beat Girard's team by five touchdowns. The level of football Girard plays at is putrid. Having said that, he throws a better ball than i initially thought.

The teams Canzeri and Broyld played on would beat Girard's team by five touchdowns. The level of football Girard plays at is putrid. Having said that, he throws a better ball than i initially thought.
Maybe more. Class AA vs Class B. It's why Girard is playing hoops in college.

I can see this young man diving for loose balls and giving SU something they desperately need, somebody not afraid to mix it up physically. Now to get a 4 or 5 to do so.

I cant emphasize what the team this year is lacking...shooting is numero uno. Girard and Buddy lighting it up on the perimeter with Carey at point would be awesome to see.

I cant emphasize what the team this year is lacking...shooting is numero uno. Girard and Buddy lighting it up on the perimeter with Carey at point would be awesome to see.

I'm happy to get another shooter also but I'm not sure anyone can meet the expectations you seem to have set for Joe. Buddy was a good shooter also, but it takes some time to get used to the college level especially from the level Joe has played high school ball yet (realizing he has played AAU also). I think he will be a good player but not sure he will come in immediately and be a sharpshooter, end world hunger and put out the CA wildfires all his freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom