Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a chance he walks onto the football team, even just to run the practice squad?

Zero. Point. Zero.

For all the talk of “Guy A is going to walk onto the basketball team” and “Guy B is going to walk onto the football team” -
How many times has it happened in the past decade?

Yeah, that many.

Zero. Point. Zero.

For all the talk of “Guy A is going to walk onto the basketball team” and “Guy B is going to walk onto the football team” -
How many times has it happened in the past decade?

Yeah, that many.

Donovan was more than a decade ago...

And was just asking a question.

Is there a chance he walks onto the football team, even just to run the practice squad?
I don't think JB would would be too keen on one of his scholarship guys playing football. It has always seemed to work better in reverse, with a football player walking onto the basketball team.

I don't think JB would would be too keen on one of his scholarship guys playing football. It has always seemed to work better in reverse, with a football player walking onto the basketball team.

The scholarship would then go on the football team and I doubt Dino would want that if they guy can't play at this level.

Will Joe Girard play football at Syracuse or will Class B final be his last game?

In a telephone conversation on Monday, Girard all but nixed that idea.

"Right now, no,'' Girard said. "I'm going to be a Syracuse basketball player. Right now, that's what I'm focused on.''

"Right now, no." That's kind of a telling statement. To me, sounds like he's leaving his options open. Which could mean he understands he may miss football once he starts college, or maybe he thinks playing time will be hard to come by on the bball team, so why not go back to doing what he loves.

Again, sounds like it's a long shot at best, but I didn't hear anything in there definitive about shutting down football forever. Maybe he goes the Paulus route and does a year at QB after hoops is exhausted.

"Right now, no." That's kind of a telling statement. To me, sounds like he's leaving his options open. Which could mean he understands he may miss football once he starts college, or maybe he thinks playing time will be hard to come by on the bball team, so why not go back to doing what he loves.

Again, sounds like it's a long shot at best, but I didn't hear anything in there definitive about shutting down football forever. Maybe he goes the Paulus route and does a year at QB after hoops is exhausted.

He’d probably start at QB at SU a decade ago. It’s a new day though. No point in wasting his time.

He’d probably start at QB at SU a decade ago. It’s a new day though. No point in wasting his time.
I always thought it was strange that we started a walkon at QB and he wasn't with the team the night before a game he started due to his father's HOF induction. Of course he should go be with his dad but we had no other options in a game we lost to Akron. Is Girard better than Dantley?

I always thought it was strange that we started a walkon at QB and he wasn't with the team the night before a game he started due to his father's HOF induction. Of course he should go be with his dad but we had no other options in a game we lost to Akron. Is Girard better than Dantley?

That was the GRob era. We probably didn't have better options.

I legit still can’t believe all of that actually happened^^^^

9-3 and scoring 40 ppg and having a great QB with a big time recruit backing him up is a lot better.

Hopefully he was inspired by the white guy Hoya and was thinking that he could do the same for Cuse
McClung sucks. I certainly hope he wasn't picturing himself like that

McClung sucks. I certainly hope he wasn't picturing himself like that

He is far from “sucking.” Especially since he was known as a dunker coming in. I sure liked his physicality and aggressive/fearless drives. Has great speed too. Our guys couldn’t stay in front of him. I mean he’s no frosh All-American but he’s solid and will keep getting better.

Last edited:
He is far from “sucking.” Especially since he was known as a dunker coming in. I sure liked his physicality and aggressive/fearless drives. Has great speed too. Our guys couldn’t stay in front of him. He’s solid and will keep getting better.
He's no Devo but could end up being hated more. That's a compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom