Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how he adjusts his game from carrying the load to being a spoke in a wheel. He will be our best FT shooter in years the day he steps on campus. As we have seen with Buddy this year - making shots in limited minutes isn't always easy.

We sound similar in that regard, brother! I remember going out and shoveling after watching Cuse games on TV because I was pumped(or often with no outside motivation required, really). I could make 3's with my thick gloves on. I may not have quite been Billy Owens nailing them on 30 mph wind or whatever Boheim said, but yes I also even adjusted for the wind. Writing this post has reminded me how much I miss doing that...it was such a part of my youth...and I didnt need anyone else to play with to be out there shooting for hours.

This kid has HEART, probably head, and maybe even LEGEND written all over him. I really hope Boeheim integrates the offense into a machine next season(closer resembling how it was in our days of shoveling the court than how it's been lately), and I think this kid can play a decent role as a freshman. I'm so glad that Duke didn't pluck him, but also glad they asked. It's like the underdog kid turning down a hot chick in high school. Duke is the new Georgetown to me, and who I wish more posters would pay attention to than their fetish with getting the bone from UConn. Hopefully JG3 isn't done disappointing those privileged Duke fans(in airports nationwide, I think I see Duke shirts far more than any others...and I dont think it's totally just me noticing them more, even if that plays a part)...hopefully this kid is one of the puzzle pieces we need to finally knock them off the pedestal before JB retires.
I believe these gentlemen get it. Our interests are woven from the fabric of experience and memories. Some things defy analysis and metrics and logic. From those things, derive magic. It is a blending of desire and will and work and sweat and a refusal to believe the doubters. No, not even that. It is a shoulders back into the teeth of the wind denial of the doubters. That is what we hope for and sense in this kid. Is that a prediction? Not really. It is belief in the kind of story which we all wait to be part of, even from the nosebleed seats. So put away your slide rules and your pocket protectors and wait for the ride.

56 for JGIII tonight including 44 in the 1st half. Hit 10 3's total. Would love to see a tape of 44 pts in 16 minutes. Granted, the opponent is not Hickory High, but still. That's a lot of made buckets.

Exactly, it's a lot of made buckets from deep. As we've seen this season, our current guys miss WIDE OPEN 3's while being guarded by air. 7-33 in the last game. They're mostly uncontested. In fact, most 3-pointers are uncontested.

You can either shoot or you can't. He won't be asked to create his own shot. He'll be asked to catch a pass on the wing and drain it. Or come off a screen, catch and shoot. He has an extremely quick trigger. If he can hit over 45% that'll put him in the top20.

Exactly, it's a lot of made buckets from deep. As we've seen this season, our current guys miss WIDE OPEN 3's while being guarded by air. 7-33 in the last game. They're mostly uncontested. In fact, most 3-pointers are uncontested.

You can either shoot or you can't. He won't be asked to create his own shot. He'll be asked to catch a pass on the wing and drain it. Or come off a screen, catch and shoot. He has an extremely quick trigger. If he can hit over 45% that'll put him in the top20.
The sad part is that there are a ton of guys out there who can shoot. The Albany Patroons scored 154 points and a ton of threes on Saturday. Never heard of any of their players except for one.

I'd take 38%. That'll put him in 1st place on our current team by nearly four percentage points.

Last edited:
I really want this kid to be a big national story at some point, like that fella who mentored him a bit. I havent scoured these threads as much in the past. So my question is similar to what some have asked of Buddy in the past, and not something I see written about often. What is his defensive ability projected to be like?

I love his unwavering love for Syracuse :)

IMG_4455.jpg

Girard will probably go down as a Duke’s/UL’s top ten least favorite players of all time. I can see it now. Watching his highlights he’s more Devo Light than Gmac 2.0

This kid plus the coach’s son could make a lot of opposing fans very mad. Not because Buddy does anything to fuel it, but just having the last name “Boeheim” will automatically work them up once he becomes a big time player.

Should be a lot of fun. I really enjoyed how mad fans would get at Devendorf.

I do see JG3 in more of the Devo mold - trash talker not afraid to get in your face very emotional . Buddy seems more like GMac - the silent killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom