Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 179 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been to Glens Falls since I was a kid.

Can I just drive there tomorrow and go to the game? Will it sell out? Do I need to buy a ticket ahead of time? Anybody know?
It's Joe Girard's last high school game. Maybe you didn't see the lines for today's game. I would buy tickets online and I would get there at 1 pm so you can watch Albany Academy play. Hunker down in a nice seat and then you don't have to fight any crowds. I'm mad that I won't be able to be there.
New York State Federation Basketball Tournament - Official Site

JG3 was also involved in an unusual defensive play near the end of the game. SBP was behind, so they were trying to conserve clock by rolling the ball inbounds, and not picking it up until it got near mid-court. (I hate it when the opponent does that). On one inbounds play, JG3 raced in to intercept the rolling ball and managed to get a tie-up. The arrow favored Glens Falls, so they got the ball back.

Is Buddy really a phenom shooter? Or is he an above average shooter with some severe athletic liabilities? Lateral speed is just bad, 6'5"+ and can't dunk. I would bet Buddy's 3point numbers are skewed by the most banked 3 pointers in Div 1 as well... Imo, he is a nice role player on any ACC roster. But, our HC won't let him be just that...
bravo dude, you win

Is Buddy really a phenom shooter? Or is he an above average shooter with some severe athletic liabilities? Lateral speed is just bad, 6'5"+ and can't dunk. I would bet Buddy's 3point numbers are skewed by the most banked 3 pointers in Div 1 as well... Imo, he is a nice role player on any ACC roster. But, our HC won't let him be just that...

He shot 41% from 3 in ACC play.

I’m confident we’ve never had any freshman shoot that well in conference play.

He’s a great shooter.

bravo dude, you win
So you can say with utter confidence that JB won't try to gift Buddy the same kind of career that he had? I mean if that means we bring in someone to play the role of Dave Bing, I'm fine with it...

Edit: Here's to hoping JGIII can be a future NBA Hall of Famer backcourt mate...

Last edited:

He’s a great shooter.
That's a great %. But, it seemed to me Buddy had like 3-4 banked in 3s this season. What is that, 5-7% of his 3s? I don't know how many Buddy made this season...

Kid makes winning plays. It will be extremely difficult to keep that kind of hustle and tenacity off the court. We desperately need a jolt of winning attitude and JGIII brings exactly that.
The kid is a winner, 2 states championships in Football and one in basketball. That's amazing in itself but what no one talks about is what can this kid accomplish going forward when he is not devoting five months of the year to football. Exactly how many of the 200+ kids rated higher than JG3 this year played another sport at the same level that he did. I could go out on a limb and say you could probably count them on one hand.

The kid is a winner, 2 states championships in Football and one in basketball. That's amazing in itself but what no one talks about is what can this kid accomplish going forward when he is not devoting five months of the year to football. Exactly how many of the 200+ kids rated higher than JG3 this year played another sport at the same level that he did. I could go out on a limb and say you could probably count them on one hand.
Dare I say the most accomplished athlete in NY State high school history??? I can’t think of another.

Dare I say the most accomplished athlete in NY State high school history??? I can’t think of another.
I believe he was the MOP of all three of his championships as well. But it doesn't count because it was only Class B. :cool: There has been a lot of great athletes from NYS so even to be mentioned in what he has accomplished is huge. Lew Alcindor was a pretty good high school player but that was before they held state championships but the first name I thought of was Chamique Holdsclaw who won four state NYS championships for Christ the King.

That's a great %. But, it seemed to me Buddy had like 3-4 banked in 3s this season. What is that, 5-7% of his 3s? I don't know how many Buddy made this season...
If u follow recruiting even a tiny bit then you would know his shooting is no fluke. I think he had one of the best shooting percentages the last summer he played in the Nike EYBL series...you know, a stacked league with all the top highschool kids. He has ALWAYS been known as a knockdown shooter. Not suprising he shot the ball as well as he did in ACC play this year. Really bad take on this. Those banked shots were the luckiest shots I think I've ever seen...kid has nothing but luck!

He’s a great shooter.
He’s a fantastic shooter i just think he would be more effective coming off the bench in short spurts over playing 25mpg

Found this from the game against south bronx. Not the best tape and kind of hard to watch but it shows all the scoring. JG3 sliced these boys up! A lot of people have talked about his size and going against bigger guys in college but one thing this kinda good at is using his body to get his shot off especially when attacking the hoop. He knows exactly what to do. We got a good one that's for sure!

This was a old highlight video from some AAU games and probably posted many many pages back but I just wanted to remind some on here that gripe about the competition JG3 plays and wondering if he will score against better competition. This kid knocks down shots against the best in the Nike EYBL circuit. Sure he didnt put up huge numbers but he didnt have to like he does with glens falls. Totally different situation. Kid gets buckets and has no problem getting his shot off against bigger guys.

Just watch the championship game and JG3 reminds me of Pearl Washington. Obviously a much better shooter but has similar acceleration and body control when driving to the hoop that Pearl always showed. Thoughts?
Really? This Pearl
https://deadspin.com/lets-remember-pearl-washington-a-godfather-of-the-cros-1772651038
Kenny Smith on Dwayne 'Pearl' Washington: 'He made (New York City basketball) what it was'

I happened to go to NYC shortly after Pearl died. NYC had billboards of Pearl, commemorating his passing.

This was a old highlight video from some AAU games and probably posted many many pages back but I just wanted to remind some on here that gripe about the competition JG3 plays and wondering if he will score against better competition. This kid knocks down shots against the best in the Nike EYBL circuit. Sure he didnt put up huge numbers but he didnt have to like he does with glens falls. Totally different situation. Kid gets buckets and has no problem getting his shot off against bigger guys.

That is needed in JB's offense and soon we'll see if he can do it vs bigger AND faster D's. Getting open and having the guy with the ball seeing him open will be huge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom