Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I remember when people were saying Caleb was sooo good(not). Goodine may or may not be as good as you think therefore I would like to get Girard if possible. Not a knock on Goodine but the truth is you just never know who will be a player and who will not, as someone else noted the intangibles play larger role than most people think.
From a team standpoint I hope Goodine is the second coming of Dave Bing, but I kind of doubt it.

He’s averaging 20 a game on 40% from 3 in the EYBL. Girard is averaging 13 on 36%. Goodines numbers are similar to Carey’s last year.

He’s averaging 20 a game on 40% from 3 in the EYBL. Girard is averaging 13 on 36%. Goodines numbers are similar to Carey’s last year.

You think hes great I get it, and I hope he is better than you think, because he is already in the fold. I would still want Girard, not saying we get him or that he will be better, although he may end up better. It has happened before, and we have had recruits like Goodine who simply did not pan out. Intangibles, and Goodine may be on a better team in the EYBL thus scoring more or Girard may not be the focus of his teams offense. There are a lot of reasons one may be outscoring the other on any given team.
I want the guy who has set the scoring record in New York and is only entering his Senior campaign, has Goodine even approached that kind of production(NO).
Lets just concede that it would be nice to get both and let competition head to head decide who is better or better yet both are great.

You think hes great I get it, and I hope he is better than you think, because he is already in the fold. I would still want Girard, not saying we get him or that he will be better, although he may end up better. It has happened before, and we have had recruits like Goodine who simply did not pan out. Intangibles, and Goodine may be on a better team in the EYBL thus scoring more or Girard may not be the focus of his teams offense. There are a lot of reasons one may be outscoring the other on any given team.
I want the guy who has set the scoring record in New York and is only entering his Senior campaign, has Goodine even approached that kind of production(NO).
Lets just concede that it would be nice to get both and let competition head to head decide who is better or better yet both are great.
How do we know Girard has better intangibles then Goodine? From everything I've seen Goodine is pretty much better in every area and is better percentage wise from 3 which is Girards greatest strength, so I'm not quite sure how anyone can objectively say Girard is better or will be better. If Goodine was playing the caliber of players Girard is on the high school level I bet he would be setting records as well, give me Goodine 10 times out of 10 over Girard.

How do we know Girard has better intangibles then Goodine? From everything I've seen Goodine is pretty much better in every area and is better percentage wise from 3 which is Girards greatest strength, so I'm not quite sure how anyone can objectively say Girard is better or will be better. If Goodine was playing the caliber of players Girard is on the high school level I bet he would be setting records as well, give me Goodine 10 times out of 10 over Girard.

Know, we do not know about either at this point and the only way we find out is with head to head competition. Statistics are only for projection purposes, because you are never comparing apples to apples.
Look Goodine is a decent HS player, never said he was not, but not rated as high as you project. As I said before I hope he ends up the second coming of Dave Bing, but not holding my breath for that.
All this is probably moot because our chance of getting Girard is not that high anyway, and the way you guys disrespect his game we probably should not get him.

giphy.gif
Brycen Goodine... Joe Girard...

Pretty sure a few pages back, you did actually say that he is better.

And as far as being the scoring leader in NY, if any of these top 100 kids(including Goodine) stayed in their home schools and not at prep schools, you better believe they would be approaching all time scoring records all the time!

But overall, I am 100% with you on this. His shooting ability is so good and too tough to pass on. Of course I want them both!

Know, we do not know about either at this point and the only way we find out is with head to head competition. Statistics are only for projection purposes, because you are never comparing apples to apples.
Look Goodine is a decent HS player, never said he was not, but not rated as high as you project. As I said before I hope he ends up the second coming of Dave Bing, but not holding my breath for that.
All this is probably moot because our chance of getting Girard is not that high anyway, and the way you guys disrespect his game we probably should not get him.

Goodine was bumped to top 50 yesterday by one list. Girard is a good player. Goodine went head to head with Cole Anthony who is the best pg in the class last weekend and had 19 and 10 while Anthony had 22 and 5. Goodine's team won.

Pretty sure a few pages back, you did actually say that he is better.

And as far as being the scoring leader in NY, if any of these top 100 kids(including Goodine) stayed in their home schools and not at prep schools, you better believe they would be approaching all time scoring records all the time!

But overall, I am 100% with you on this. His shooting ability is so good and too tough to pass on. Of course I want them both!

I said he is a better shooter, and he is. That does not necessarily translate to a better overall player but in my view is hugely important. Try to quote what I actually say if you are joining the convo.

I said he is a better shooter, and he is. That does not necessarily translate to a better overall player but in my view is hugely important. Try to quote what I actually say if you are joining the convo.
I'm not joining the conversation, I replied to you before when you said this...
Are you really trying to say that Girard is a better offensive player than Goodine?
Hell yes.

Michigan coach Beilein is interviewing with the Detroit Pistons. Many have suggested that Michigan might be the leader in Girard's recruitment. I wonder how this will change things? Maybe Down to SU and Duke if Beilein leaves?
Definite game changer if Beilein is gone. Sounds like the job could be his if he can convince the Pistons brass that 65 is not too old to relate to young rich urban millionaires.

I haven’t followed this thread super close but jgiii vs Goodine? Gimme Goodine everyday of the week and it’s not close.

I haven’t followed this thread super close but jgiii vs Goodine? Gimme Goodine everyday of the week and it’s not close.
Jgiii could get time without impacting goodine

Guys let’s be honest with each other JG3 is the next gmac everyone wants, which is cool and I get it. But right now in the system we have I’d probably take 100 ‘19 kids before him. I’m legit disinterested in him. Let him go to duke and spot up for four years and then be an assistant

Over Carey, Hughes, and Buddy??

He’s not a one and done, he’s going to have to earn his minutes just like carey and buddy will have to do this year. Hughes already impressed in practice last year. If he wants a team with free guarenteed playing time to walk into he should look at ND, or other lesser p5’s

Over Carey, Hughes, and Buddy??

Why are guys worthless nowadays if they can't start as true freshman. When our teams have been consistently good, there are usually kids sitting the majority of their freshman years and then adding playing time each season there after.

Why are guys worthless nowadays if they can't start as true freshman. When our teams have been consistently good, there are usually kids sitting the majority of their freshman years and then adding playing time each season there after.

They aren't. We have a lot of guards at the in right now though and we are after guys like Lester Quinones as well.

I think the quote was implying that he'd have to sit, and that in this era of college basketball, players don't seem to want to do that. I think we all can agree, that if he is okay with limited playing time that we'd all love to have him in Orange. You don't say no to a shooter like him, but if he wants to play more right away, that opportunity might not be here for him with our crowded backcourt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom