Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
From maybe 2% to 1%.

I’d recommend not holding your breath.
Truth be told, I'm not expecting to sign him. I have never gotten the vibe that we really want him. Seemed like the offer was a token offer to appease fans, because folks would be unhappy if we didn't offer the all time leading scorer in NY state. I will admit, I started to get my hopes up a bit when it looked like Michigan, Duke and Syracuse were the leaders, and the possibility existed that Beilein might leave Michigan.

Measured 6 without shoes and had 34 inch vertical at USA basketball try out. Didn't make the team and per article in GF paper was at football camp right after. I think he is a good player who we don't really need, but I am cheering for anyone in this modern era who embraces the greatness of high school athletics.

Not looking forward to the inevitable article syracusedotcom will put out that girard signs with Michigan and the commenters lose their already lost minds

I think both him and IS end up at duke. They want to play together and getting that chance to play at Duke is HUGE for anyone

Blind Stats comparison:

Player A:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% Reb
12.2 53/48/85 3.3

Player B:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% REB
12.2 41/37/97 2.1

One is Girard and another is a mystery player heading into their Senior year in the AAU circuit. Who is it and which is which?

Last edited:
Blind Stats comparison:

Player A:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% Reb
12.2 53/85/48 3.3

Player B:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% REB
12.2 41/37/97 2.1

One is Girard and another is a mystery player heading into their Senior year in the AAU circuit. Who is it and which is which?
Don't know the answer, but did you switch up the 3 point and free throw percentages on player A?...if not that's some crazy good shooting from deep!

Blind Stats comparison:

Player A:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% Reb
12.2 53/85/48 3.3

Player B:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% REB
12.2 41/37/97 2.1

Brycen Goodine = A and Girard = B?

Blind Stats comparison:

Player A:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% Reb
12.2 53/85/48 3.3

Player B:

PPG FG%/3PT%/FT% REB
12.2 41/37/97 2.1

KB?

Player B is Girard this year heading into his Senior year. Player A is Buddy Boeheim last year.

Player B is Girard this year heading into his Senior year. Player A is Buddy Boeheim last year.
Nice...the only stat Girard has Buddy on is FT shooting. Odd he shoots so well from 3 and only hits 85% of his ft's. 85% is obviously high, but he is such a good shooter, one would think he'd be in the 90's.

Don't know the answer, but did you switch up the 3 point and free throw percentages on player A?...if not that's some crazy good shooting from deep!

That is correct. I edited it.

Girard is old news. We have Buddy, Washingotn, Goodine, and probably Guerrier. next!

This tread may end up as one of the highest number responses in Syracuse Basketball Recruiting if Joe Girad, III waits until late in the 2019 recruiting cycle to commit.

Girards a scorer at the highschool level...

(This may sound absurd and i invite all immediate criticism)

But who would be a better fit for guard depth?

Him or Adams Woods? Mika’s developing well and is a facilitator rather than a focal point.

Girards a scorer at the highschool level...

(This may sound absurd and i invite all immediate criticism)

But who would be a better fit for guard depth?

Him or Adams Woods? Mika’s developing well and is a facilitator rather than a focal point.

MAW seems to have a mid major average skill set.

JG's productivity suggests the potential to be an elite shooter at the P5 level. I'm not sure he will be. But, given the choice between the two, I don't think it's much of a debate. Roll the dice with Joe G.

IMO, the writing is on the wall with this one... too many homies writing about how Girard doesn't fit our system, how Buddy is better, or Bertram is better... the offer is a token offer, with zero intent to bring him in. Girard will see lots of bench time if he goes to Duke. I see him going to Michigan. Oh well... :confused:

MAW seems to have a mid major average skill set.

JG's productivity suggests the potential to be an elite shooter at the P5 level. I'm not sure he will be. But, given the choice between the two, I don't think it's much of a debate. Roll the dice with Joe G.

Sometimes with recruiting, people get hung up on names they recognize.

I think both him and IS end up at duke. He wants to sit near IS and getting that chance to ride pine and get recruited over at Duke is DAZZLING for a non-5-star like him that bites on the hype and isn't paying attention.

Last edited:
Sometimes with recruiting, people get hung up on names they recognize.
Only suggested the thought due to the kids siZe and progression. At the end of the day we’re not an offensive minded program. So does the 4 year potentially contibutive zone fit work better than the 6 foot potential scorer zone liability? I dont know. Worth thought imo.

Only suggested the thought due to the kids siZe and progression. At the end of the day we’re not an offensive minded program. So does the 4 year potentially contibutive zone fit work better than the 6 foot potential scorer zone liability? I dont know. Worth thought imo.
Correction, we haven't been an offensive juggernaut in recent years. Check out the 2010 team stats ... we went 30-5, ran PrR and scored 81 points a game with Triche, Scoop and Andy up top and Ricky and Arinze inside. All we need is the horses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors