Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers wise in EYBL he seems pretty similar to Tyler Bertram. I don't think he's a must-get recruit really at all. Just a nice story since he's fairly talented/upstate kid.

His Syracuse self is sticking his hand through the back of the head of his Duke self. That's a good sign, isn't it?

I think the key with Girard is that you won’t get Stewart without getting him. It’s important that we get the best from Albany City Rocks because many of the best New York players play on that AAU team.
Stewart and Girardi are a package deal? I'm confused.

How about throwing for Dino? Taj Harris is suppose to be playing both...
We’re already deep with talent at the position, dont have the schollies to spare.

Howard Washington is the classic kid that you recruit over. If we are successful in doing so he probably never gets an opportunity at SU. If we are unsuccessful or there is a gap (due to injury or early departure) than he may get an opportunity. But you don't avoid stocking the cupboard with talent because he is here.
Is he that, or is he the classic program guy who we've said we really need to develop? Do we respect those guys or are they just getting in the way of our one or two and doners?

This is an interesting thread.

If Joe comes here he will be viewed as the new Frechette plus. Greatest shooter this side of S Curry.

If he goes elsewhere, everybody will say how it did not really matter because he is too short, won't play the Zone well, put up his numbers against weak competition, etc.

So, I guess it is a win-win for us no matter what he decides.
Hey! We have our principles!

"interest"

translation: "if you come to PSU to play basketball we'll let you wear a uniform for football games"
agree. football coach is helping hoops coach recruit. There is no chance he goes there for hoops alone. So saying he could maybe play some QB helps the sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom