Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
In principle I might agree, but I wonder what would stop a school like Minnesota or East Carolina that had a top 15 baseball program this year, from taking a bunch of baseball recruits and putting them on their relatively speaking mediocre football team to defeat whatever scholarship limits might apply to baseball. Maybe that isn't the best example, but isn't there always a way for someone to game the rules.

You'd have a lot of football players who weren't the best players available in the "lesser" sports housed in those teams and the non-football sports would suffer as a result.

In principle I might agree, but I wonder what would stop a school like Minnesota or East Carolina that had a top 15 baseball program this year, from taking a bunch of baseball recruits and putting them on their relatively speaking mediocre football team to defeat whatever scholarship limits might apply to baseball. Maybe that isn't the best example, but isn't there always a way for someone to game the rules.
They're not wasting football scholarships on a nonrevenue sport, especially when football is the sport where you can never seem to have enough players.

So Joe has been trending heavily in favor of SU for a few days now. Is this simply because he’s visiting now or can we perhaps expect some really good news soon?

So Joe has been trending heavily in favor of SU for a few days now. Is this simply because he’s visiting now or can we perhaps expect some really good news soon?

I would guess -- and just a guess -- that we won't know his destination until at least October.

He’s visited duke and assumably others already, just not as officials.

He’s visited duke and assumably others already, just not as officials.
Good post if true. It's one thing if he's seen Cuse, Duke, Michigan, ND already and thinks he can make his decision. It's another thing to say he's only visited Syracuse and won't visit anywhere else

Good post if true. It's one thing if he's seen Cuse, Duke, Michigan, ND already and thinks he can make his decision. It's another thing to say he's only visited Syracuse and won't visit anywhere else
A6856E23-8077-496D-847F-95E5900B1235.jpeg

Have we actually confirmed anywhere that Girard and Stewart are that close? I mean Jimmy plays with the City Rocks too...
I heard or read on this board that he wanted to package with Stewart and my immediate assumption was Duke after Girard was offered. I really am not sure but I think Stewart played with Buddy too. Anything is possible

I would guess -- and just a guess -- that we won't know his destination until at least October.
Actually, he’s said he wants to decide before the season starts. So it sounds like he’ll decide by late August or September. October at the latest.

Actually, he’s said he wants to decide before the season starts. So it sounds like he’ll decide by late August or September. October at the latest.

That’s why I said October...

That’s why I said October...
You said “until at least October,” which means October at the earliest. But from
his prior comments, it looks like he’s indicating earlier than that. October would be the latest he would decide, not the earliest.

If he could only figure out how to play football at Penn State the first semester of each year and basketball at Duke the second semester, that would be ideal to make the heads of some on this board explode.
Might work since it’s not an in-Conference transfer.

Might work since it’s not an in-Conference transfer.
Hypothetically speaking, if the NCAA eliminates the waiting period, what would stop someone from switching schools like underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom