Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am curious about what the coaches or pundits on this board see as his ideal position and best fit at SU. He seems on the short side to be a 2G in our lineup but don't know if he has the skills to be a distributor as a PG. Either way he will have competition for playing time as a starter. I think I've read where Goodine is being recruited as a PG and HW will have been in the program a couple years and he is a pure PG type.

Buddy B. is a SG and he will have a year in the program for a year when JG arrives on campus. There's also Hughes who is a classic swing guy that could play on the wing as well.

Am curious about what the coaches or pundits on this board see as his ideal position and best fit at SU. He seems on the short side to be a 2G in our lineup but don't know if he has the skills to be a distributor as a PG. Either way he will have competition for playing time as a starter. I think I've read where Goodine is being recruited as a PG and HW will have been in the program a couple years and he is a pure PG type.

Buddy B. is a SG and he will have a year in the program for a year when JG arrives on campus. There's also Hughes who is a classic swing guy that could play on the wing as well.
He had a quote that prior to SU offering, our coaches said they wanted to see him play PG, or words to that effect. I think they see him a Gerry. A scoring PG, who moves off the ball at times.

He had a quote that prior to SU offering, our coaches said they wanted to see him play PG, or words to that effect. I think they see him a Gerry. A scoring PG, who moves off the ball at times.
Makes sense...

well, it appears that our coaches want JGIII and are not recruiting any other guards with the exception of Quinnones whom they have not offered yet. I know that they have Goodine already. If they offer Q, they can tell JGIII that they will take the first one of the two that accepts the offer.

Not since Gbinije varballed
tenor.gif

"He will be so busy that he might not be able take official visits to each of the six remaining schools on his list, even though Girard has visited each school on unofficial visits. "

I thought only 5 officials were allowed.
Yes. And he already took one. Bad information there.

Our coaches are pushing hard otherwise. They are trying to talk him out of any other visits
If it was me, I would take every visit allowed (if you are on the fence about anything).

Not me. Was he eating at the Brooklyn Pickle or was it a Subway? I’m curious. Ok, and hungry. Curious and hungry.

That's former SU assistant Tim O'Toole.

Correct. I certainly didn’t recognize him immediately but looked familiar enough for me to do a google search of the Pitt staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom