Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
1530637782301.png

Well that's interesting. Had heard we made up a LOT of ground here recently. Went from "very unlikely to very possible." His game resembles Gerry's. A shooter who performs well with the ball in his hands.

Jake are you hearing the same "end of the week" talk, or do we need some patience here?

The rule is intended to prevent abuse of the 85 scholarship limit. Specifically, teams use to "hide" football players as track scholarships, thus not applying to the 85 limit. This rule eliminated that loophole.
The Santana Moss Rule.

By the end of the week isn’t what I heard. Pretty sure he’s taking all his OVs

I guess we will find out however appreciate the insight. Regardless I’ll always be cautiously optimistic when it comes to news like this. Like Cuseman states earlier they are 17year olds

Two things I like about Girard is that he is a leader (quarterback) and an unfraid risk taker that will take “ the shot” anytime

Our coaches are pushing hard otherwise. They are trying to talk him out of any other visits
I always worry when i hear something like this. Yes, you want a commitment but verbal still means just verbal. If he’s curious about other choices, why the need to “talk” him out of anything? Let him go, see what’s out there, and if we’re his choice- he’ll come back. May be a bit idealistic, but...

I always worry when i hear something like this. Yes, you want a commitment but verbal still means just verbal. If he’s curious about other choices, why the need to “talk” him out of anything? Let him go, see what’s out there, and if we’re his choice- he’ll come back. May be a bit idealistic, but...
My guess is that the pitch is SU can recruit a better class if Joe commits early, because they can move off of other PG prospects and he will be a draw for others to play with.

Last edited:
My guess is that the pitch is SU can recruit a better class if Joe commits early, because they can move off of other PG prospects and he will be a draw to for others to play with.
That is the correct way to pitch. Even though Bazely didn't end up coming to SU his early commitment may have helped draw Carey.

Early Goodine and Girard commitments will help with Stewart and others.

By the end of the week isn’t what I heard. Pretty sure he’s taking all his OVs
Kids rarely take all of their 5 allotted official visits. And with summer AAU coming up and football practice starting in August, maybe he’d able to fit in another 2-3 before making his decision. But I would think that’s another’s reason to decide early. I’d guess he could take visits to Michigan, BC or maybe Duke (though he already went there for an unofficial). Cuse seems like the obvious choice for Girard if friends and family want to see him play regularly. BC is about 3 hours away from the Albany area, so they’d also be a good option if that’s a priority, but obviously their program isn’t nearly as good as ours.

Last edited:
We haven't had a silent verbal in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom