Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in our staff but to think this kid went from a strong Michigan lean to not even wanting to visit Michigan after 2 days at Syracuse seems pretty crazy...

Crazy? I would guess that SU has always been at or near the top for JG, but maybe the feeling was not mutual at first. Sounds like he really liked what he heard from the staff on the OV.

Hypothetically speaking, if the NCAA eliminates the waiting period, what would stop someone from switching schools like underwear.
As long as they can do it academically, there should be no period if ineligibility. These aren't sports franchises, they are colleges with sports teams.

Be shocked if he’s not Orange by the end of next week
A1CFD3C5-C0B2-4BFB-8B34-5575A79A0B2D.gif

Glens Falls Post Star on where Girard will go to college:
Where will Girard play? Some people in the know weigh in
Michigan and Duke are elite academically; ND less so. Michigan and Duke have better basketball programs than ND at the moment. 'Cuse is the local school with a storied program. I think that the mayor is right, Duke or Michigan. Then 'Cuse unless the visit had a big impact. Michigan is also in the running for a couple of other elite guards, DJ Carton and Rocket Watts, and is looking at a couple of others. Not sure if Beilein would take 2. None seem close to pulling the trigger right now.

Michigan and Duke are elite academically; ND less so. Michigan and Duke have better basketball programs than ND at the moment. 'Cuse is the local school with a storied program. I think that the mayor is right, Duke or Michigan. Then 'Cuse unless the visit had a big impact. Michigan is also in the running for a couple of other elite guards, DJ Carton and Rocket Watts, and is looking at a couple of others. Not sure if Beilein would take 2. None seem close to pulling the trigger right now.

Loathe ND, but they are every bit on par academically as those other two. They are rated higher than Michigan per the 2018 US News and World Reports rankings, FWIW.

Loathe ND, but they are every bit on par academically as those other two. They are rated higher than Michigan per the 2018 US News and World Reports rankings, FWIW.
Butt hurt ND blew off the Big 10.

They are not. USNWR is an outlier. In fact, their own ranking of global universities has Michigan at #17 and ND at 181.

Eh i think this goes until september

They are not. USNWR is an outlier. In fact, their own ranking of global universities has Michigan at #17 and ND at 181.
Joined 3 months ago, name is "Blueman", on a Syracuse board trying to boast how great of a school UM is. Did you go to school there?

UM really is the Cornell of the Midwest. How do you tell if someone went to UM? You don't have to. They'll tell you.

As someone who has visited with faculty at both schools; I will say that both are VERY good schools.

You have to be careful about the ranking criteria used. Are the rankings done by education, research, value etc...? I could definitely see ND being #181 because in some regards, it has a horrible value - simply due to its high cost.

Now let's get back to JG

Joined 3 months ago, name is "Blueman", on a Syracuse board trying to boast how great of a school UM is. Did you go to school there?

UM really is the Cornell of the Midwest. How do you tell if someone went to UM? You don't have to. They'll tell you.

I thought Northwestern was. :rolleyes:

Great news despite not offering him fast enough imo. Seems like it didn’t bother him. Hope we land him. A deep threat and a “local “ talent who will bring bunches of fans to the Dome to see him play if he commits.

Great news despite not offering him fast enough imo. Seems like it didn’t bother him. Hope we land him. A deep threat and a “local “ talent who will bring bunches of fans to the Dome to see him play if he commits.

Don’t you have an inside source on this one albany? Get to work man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom