Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry but i wish we would just have G focus on Girard and turn the heavy lifting over to Red and Griff.

Why? Gmacs on more kids than the other two combined. I don’t even know who Griff is on. Red is on Whitney or at least he was. And some kids Gmac “finds” get passed off. He’s on the road constantly.

JB was on him all week. Relax. Plus, I don't think we are a good fit for Girard. Next year we have Goodine, Carey and Buddy back at guard. I think Mich's system fits him better.

I agree re: Girard. He doesn’t seem to be an ISO-type ACC player. He’ll be good but he needs a system like Michigan where there is more movement and a way to get him clean looks. Cooney couldn’t get open most of the time when it mattered and/or when he wasn’t taking terrible shots and I liked Trev.

So I think giving up on Girard is a really dumb idea and hopefully we are doing double overtime to get a talent like that. Kind of a ridiculous argument which program we think is the better fit we want him at Syracuse period!

Why? Gmacs on more kids than the other two combined. I don’t even know who Griff is on. Red is on Whitney or at least he was. And some kids Gmac “finds” get passed off. He’s on the road constantly.
Two reasons.

1: why not even out the load. One person cant possibly do the work of 3
2: Grif works with the Bigs. Why not have the position coach take the lead.

Two reasons.

1: why not even out the load. One person cant possibly do the work of 3
2: Grif works with the Bigs. Why not have the position coach take the lead.

I suspect it has something to do with the reality of recruiting. Grif has been back for less than a year. Recruiting is about personal relationships. If GMac already has a relationship with the guys we are targeting in this cycle then he is going to end up spending the most time with those guys. I also believe there are limits on the number of coaches that can be on the road recruiting and JB has been out consistently this year. This may not be the summer to send Griff out to try his hand with guys he has no prior relationship with, when GMAC has those relationships. I assume Autry is out as well, just not on as many of the guys that have developed into our primary targets this cycle.

Dashers comments worries me about Girard. Our staff should be all hands on deck for him! Akok will be a Kentucky player eventually it’s time to be realistic

Dashers comments worries me about Girard. Our staff should be all hands on deck for him! Akok will be a Kentucky player eventually it’s time to be realistic

With Akok I worry more about Uconn and eventually Kansas if they come a knockin.

He does not seem to be interested in the Kentucky type

So just to be clear so far
Stewart no change
Giarard half a chance
Akok half a chance
Gurrier half a chance

Seems to me like we might strike out with all of them. What’s our plan B?

So just to be clear so far
Stewart no change
Giarard half a chance
Akok half a chance
Gurrier half a chance

Seems to me like we might strike out with all of them. What’s our plan B?

If I had to place odds:

Stewart 5% chance
Girard 70% chance
Akok has dropped to 50/50
Guerrier 50/50

I still think we have a realistic shot at all the guys you listed but Stewart.

we need to have a great year this year to start reeling in these guys and by good year I mean a complete regular season and post season. It’s very concerning we can’t reel in some of these guys

If I had to place odds:

Stewart 5% chance
Girard 70% chance
Akok has dropped to 50/50
Guerrier 50/50

I still think we have a realistic shot at all the guys you listed but Stewart.

Out of curiosity, what are you basing that on?

By all accounts, we're leading for Guerrier [for example]. So why 50/50?

It’s not really black and white. Always a bunch of moving pieces these kids need to consider. I’m sure most have dream schools and coaches that appeal to them. But then add in the state of the schools program (competitive?), playing minutes available at your position, your chemistry with a teams players, family wants and needs, and development needs. We will get the guys that want to be here and we are best suited for. We have a very decent base right now and hopefully our performance next year will be an attraction

Dude I just want an easy recruiting year none of this nonsense “well maybe I will commit but not sure crap. You either want to come or you don’t

Dude I just want an easy recruiting year none of this nonsense “well maybe I will commit but not sure crap. You either want to come or you don’t

We’re Syracuse. We’ll get players. Even when the message boards are freaking out and acting like we’re screwed, we’re still getting players(see the Oshea, Dolezaj class). No need for angst, we’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom