Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what are you basing that on?

By all accounts, we're leading for Guerrier [for example]. So why 50/50?
Reasonable question...I just think Guerrier is highly underrated. I really like his game. I'll be thrilled if we land him. I guess I was expecting him to blow up kind of like Akok has.

This is a message board, however, and the majority of posts are mere speculation. The only people that called on it though, are the ones not posting the consensus view. It's almost comical.

Last edited:
Reasonable question...I just think Guerrier is highly underrated. I really like his game. I'll be thrilled if we land him. I guess I was expecting him to blow up kind of like Akok has.

This is a message board, however, and the majority of posts are mere speculation. The only people that called on it though, are the ones not posting the consensus view. It's almost comical.

Because insiders have posted information directly against your and the other contrarians viewpoint. Our coaches continue to recruit those players. There’s not a lot of evidence on your side or some others side to suggest we have little shot with our main targets especially when no schools have received visits. That’s why said posters are being called out.

And btw you should never ever be late in offering the state player of the year even if it doesn’t fit your scheme as well as you would like. It should be protocol to always be involved with those types of players.
More than any player I want Girard to commit

Because insiders have posted information directly against your and the other contrarians viewpoint. Our coaches continue to recruit those players. There’s not a lot of evidence on your side or some others side to suggest we have little shot with our main targets especially when no schools have received visits. That’s why said posters are being called out.
Please show me where I stated we had "little shot" on anyone other than Stewart. Reading comprehension is sorely lacking. Futhermore, anything that is in the future, is (like it or not) speculation. I know that there have been many "insiders" that were almost positive that we were going to land certain recruits in the past. And guess what... we didn't land many of those players. So until someone signs their LOI, my opinion and anyone else's is just as valid as the "insiders." That is what message boards are for. There really should be room for everyone to have an opinion, whether the "insiders" like it or not... without all the snide comments.

Last edited:
And btw you should never ever be late in offering the state player of the year even if it doesn’t fit your scheme as well as you would like. It should be protocol to always be involved with those types of players.
More than any player I want Girard to commit
I agree with you about offering Joe late. That said, I'm not quite as high on him as you are. I hope his game will translate. I have concerns about his ability to defend against ACC caliber PGs. That said, I still want to land him. Instant offense off the bench. As for where he will land, I think Joe is smart enough to stay away from Duke. I think we've got a great chance to land him.

I agree with you about offering Joe late. That said, I'm not quite as high on him as you are. I hope his game will translate. I have concerns about his ability to defend against ACC caliber PGs. That said, I still want to land him. Instant offense off the bench. As for where he will land, I think Joe is smart enough to stay away from Duke. I think we've got a great chance to land him.
If it wasn’t for goodine I’d have zero interest in jg3.
I get the gmac factor but I think people are seriously undervaluing the liability he is on d

If it wasn’t for goodine I’d have zero interest in jg3.
I get the gmac factor but I think people are seriously undervaluing the liability he is on d
but on the other hand, this sentiment underestimates jb's ability to scheme around his squad's defensive shortcomings . . . jon gillon nothwithstanding

Let’s be honest. Many of us suffer from the “once bitten twice shy” syndrome. Still some fresh wounds last few years. Recruiting climate does show signs of life and improvement

but on the other hand, this sentiment underestimates jb's ability to scheme around his squad's defensive shortcomings . . . jon gillon nothwithstanding
Fair
Ugh, that zone still bothers me. They needed a tanker of wd40

nobody really knows anything. the tidbits we get here are a trail of breadcrumbs leading nowhere. as posters, we are free to draw whatever wild-assed conclusions we want from it, but the track record is that there is better reason to be optimistic than pessimistic about the final results

nobody really knows anything. the tidbits we get here are a trail of breadcrumbs leading nowhere. as posters, we are free to draw whatever wild-assed conclusions we want from it, but the track record is that there is better reason to be optimistic than pessimistic about the final results
I am optimistic for this recruiting class. I think anytime you've got a 50/50 shot on a five star recruit that's what I call being right there in the running. It shouldn't be rocket science that Akok's recruitment likely became more challenging. He jumped like 70 spots to a five star status practically overnight. He's going to receive many other offers. But it doesn't surprise me that some folks think I'm pessimistic.. they misquote me and misrepresent my thoughts on a regular basis. LOL

More than any player?? Seriously? He is last on my list.
Well, depending on how the chips fall, we might need him as the third guard. Still a lot of recruiting to do, but you never know.

we need to have a great year this year to start reeling in these guys and by good year I mean a complete regular season and post season. It’s very concerning we can’t reel in some of these guys
We need some closers. Jb is too old. Gmac for all the love shown has never won a single battle against Duke, KU, Uconn, KY...not one

Goodine.
Third guard? Carey, Hughes, Boeheim, Washington.
Now I did say "depending on how the chips fall" so let me clarify (and this is definitely a low possibility) Carey (NBA) Hughes and Goodine on the roster, Boeheim- playing more as a wing (SF) and Washington (no longer on roster).

We need some closers. Jb is too old. Gmac for all the love shown has never won a single battle against Duke, KU, Uconn, KY...not one
Very few 5 star recruits are going to other schools (although not sure why Yukon was included) unless there are some mitigating circumstances.

Who did we lose out to UConn for? no one I can remember. And we never beat out Kentucky or Duke for guys they really wanted. DC2 comes close.

Who did we lose out to UConn for? no one I can remember. And we never beat out Kentucky or Duke for guys they really wanted. DC2 comes close.
Thats my point. We never beat out those guys. Not even for a small forward who ends up tranfering out. All of the excuses are gone. Hop, sanctions, gone. Lets see if Jim and staff have the chops to close. We have Battle, Frank, Chewy, Osh, all leaving. Landing a stud Center and Forward should be a layup.

Thats my point. We never beat out those guys. Not even for a small forward who ends up tranfering out. All of the excuses are gone. Hop, sanctions, gone. Lets see if Jim and staff have the chops to close. We have Battle, Frank, Chewy, Osh, all leaving. Landing a stud Center and Forward should be a layup.
Tyus had a Duke offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors