Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they were both B listers. In this scenario Marek was actually behind Tucker.
As an example: A list Green. B list Washington. A List Stewart. B List Wahab. C List Ajak.
In past years possibly our most famous B List player is Warwick.
A List players include: Pearl, DC, Billy Owens.
Because JB has always been very limited in his pursuit of players such as Green it has been fairly obvious who his A list recruits have been over the years.

How was Marek "behind" Tucker? The choice was never Tucker or Marek -- the coaching staff wanted BOTH. So Marek wasn't "behind" Tucker in any sense.

That's why I think your classification system is mixing two things. I have no problem classifying Green as "A" and Howard as "C," because one was a McD's all american and the other was a three star, but not all examples are so clearly delineated.

Also, words mean things. Saying somebody is a "C" lister when they are a top 100 player implies that they aren't good, that they were far down the pecking order, etc. It gives the artificial impression that our recruiting is fukakta -- which I think supports the narrative you consistently push here.

Last edited:
I hope the coaching staff has some kind of internal deadline for a verbal from Girard. At some point, you have to make an offer to someone else so we don’t get burned like we have in the past. I hope he commits soon.

I hope the coaching staff has some kind of internal deadline for a verbal from Girard. At some point, you have to make an offer to someone else so we don’t get burned like we have in the past. I hope he commits soon.

Have we offered Quinones? I thought I saw an article recently saying that SU was coming after him hard (god I hope so) but now he’s going to play ball at IMG so that could be a fail.

I find it backwards that we’re talking about Quinones as a rebound here

I find it backwards that we’re talking about Quinones as a rebound here

Oh I was hoping all along he was priority #1 over Girard and I like Girard just not sure of the fit.

Last I knew he wasnt offered yet but that we stay in contact. He hasn't trimmed his list of schools yet and seems pretty wide open still so maybe we are waiting on jg3 decision? He was just offered by FSU the other day as well so on sure the gators and Seminoles will be able to pursue pretty hard now that he will be at img.

How was Marek "behind" Tucker? The choice was never Tucker or Marek -- the coaching staff wanted BOTH. So Marek wasn't "behind" Tucker in any sense.

That's why I think your classification system is mixing two things. I have no problem classifying Green as "A" and Howard as "C," because one was a McD's all american and the other was a three star, but not all examples are so clearly delineated.

Also, words mean things. Saying somebody is a "C" lister when they are a top 100 player implies that they aren't good, that they were far down the pecking order, etc. It gives the artificial impression that our recruiting is fukakta -- which I think supports the narrative you consistently push here.
Im simply stating that we have been missing on most of our A targets. Yes we have done a good job filling.

Hakim Warrick the ultimate B lister.

I’d love to get Girard, but won’t lose sleep if we don’t.
yep . . . i like our position w/regards to jgiii, but his is not a position of real need right now

I’m glad everyone thinks he isn’t a position of need here on the contrary he’s exactly what we have been missing for years in this program.

i think buddy's overall skill set is going to surprise a lot of people

Agreed. Kid can play. He's not just a designated shooter.

Wonder if he winds up being in the 6-7 range, like his older brother.

I agree that Buddy's skill set will surprise folks. I think he'll do well here. But outside of shooting, I don't see the similarities to Joe at all. Buddy's not a point guard.

That said, IMO Joe is not a make it or break it recruit. I'd still love to land him because he's an upstate guy, intelligent, gritty, and a fun player to watch. It shouldn't be too long, and we'll know what his choice is.

We were 328th in the country in 3P% last year... Buddy isn't gonna fix that by himself. This squad can use as many knockdown shooters as it can get

Yeah, except if they all play the same position, then that doesn't really help much.
Can't play 3 SG's at the same time, for example.

And if they can't play D, it doesn't matter how well they shoot.
Mookie Jones says HI! ;)

Yeah, except if they all play the same position, then that doesn't really help much.
Can't play 3 SG's at the same time, for example.

And if they can't play D, it doesn't matter how well they shoot.
Mookie Jones says HI! ;)
I think Buddy can or may grow in to a 3.

We were 328th in the country in 3P% last year... Buddy isn't gonna fix that by himself. This squad can use as many knockdown shooters as it can get
Knockdown shooters arent knockdown shooters when they’re playing 3 on 5.

Frank and Battles will improve significantly this year percentage wise. Feel free to screenshot this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom