Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
the staff showed their stuff with oshae, boo, marek, howard. that was an ace class.
then they followed it up with bazley, carey and buddy. then rebounded nicely with braswell when baz went pro.

they really have nothing left to prove.
Amen. Spot on.

"Boo and Howard" haven't proven jack yet because of injuries. Oshae was great. Marek played as well as could be expected considering how undersized he was. But he didn't really start to play well until the end of the year. I think he'll be better in the coming seasons. But to call it an ace class is IMO premature.

Bazely, sadly, doesn't count for or against the staff because he bailed on us. Buddy wasn't going anywhere else. Braswell may or may not end up being a good player. He was a nice late rebound. Carey will be a gem, and I think we're lucky to have him. There's no way to prove/disprove this, but I don't think we land Carey without Bazely's commitment.

Truth be told our recruiting, retention and scouting of players did not stack up very well in my side by side comparison with Nova on page 89 of this thread.

Last edited:
I have followed the team since Roys Runts. My answer is spot on. Oshae, Carey, and Sid are good gets. Howard, and Braz have a chance to be good. You cant count Buddy. We need to land a 5 4 and 3 this year. We have a HOF coach, Storied program, no sanctions and lots of PT to offer. Lets see if we can land our primary targets.

Marek doesn’t count because he was a late get.

Lol.

Will Girard count? Or what will be the way to not count him? “He’s from NY and similar height and skin color to GMac, jeez I would hope we can get him. Doesn’t count! Next!”

Hopefully we get him early enough to count though. April-May commits don’t cut it! Gotta bring these guys in when kscu is ready for them!

So I guess the deciding before football didn’t really take. I’m assuming the longer this drags out the worse for us?

So I guess the deciding before football didn’t really take. I’m assuming the longer this drags out the worse for us?
I think the only one who knows for sure right now is Joe (and maybe his parents). I think the biggest factor in our favor is Joe's Mom who (from what I'm hearing) would love him to be a CNY legend here at Syracuse. But ultimately, I think she loves her son enough to let him be his own man. With a clogged backcourt, that may lead to a BC choice. But who knows. I'd love to land Joe, but I won't be broken hearted given our back court depth. I'm more concerned about the forwards and centers.

I think the only one who knows for sure right now is Joe (and maybe his parents). I think the biggest factor in our favor is Joe's Mom who (from what I'm hearing) would love him to be a CNY legend here at Syracuse. But ultimately, I think she loves her son enough to let him be his own man. With a clogged backcourt, that may lead to a BC choice. But who knows. I'd love to land Joe, but I won't be broken hearted given our back court depth. I'm more concerned about the forwards and centers.
Back from BC yesterday night, sleep on it a couple days, decision time by end of the week?

Marek doesn’t count because he was a late get.

Lol.

Will Girard count? Or what will be the way to not count him? “He’s from NY and similar height and skin color to GMac, jeez I would hope we can get him. Doesn’t count! Next!”

Hopefully we get him early enough to count though. April-May commits don’t cut it! Gotta bring these guys in when kscu is ready for them!
Marek was a late B list add. Howard was a late B list add. Gmac was a shooting Guard from Scranton. Regardless of his race he should be able to connect with Joe as they have very similar backgrounds.
Any A list prospect counts.

Marek was a late B list add. Howard was a late B list add. Gmac was a shooting Guard from Scranton. Regardless of his race he should be able to connect with Joe as they have very similar backgrounds.

I’m not seeing why suddenly needing somebody late and getting somebody that’s a good player is a negative...

That we could just go get a guy like Marek that late is a huge recruiting W, to me.

I feel good about Girard. And if not, we’ll probably get someone else that can play.

What makes him an A list recruit? We didn’t hardly recruit him early on and came in late.

What makes him an A list recruit? We didn’t hardly recruit him early on and came in late.
My definition of A list recruits are kids that we offer early in the process. Goodine is an example and a great job by Gmac. Marek was a very late addition who wasn't even on the staffs radar until we had missed on numerous players that we had targeted.

My definition of A list recruits are kids that we offer early in the process. Goodine is an example and a great job by Gmac. Marek was a very late addition who wasn't even on the staffs radar until we had missed on numerous players that we had targeted.

So, two comparable recruits get designated "A" and "B" if we recruited one first?

Here's the use case -- we recruited Jordan Tucker and Marek about the same time. We wanted both. Tucker chooses Duke -- that doesn't make Marek a "B-Lister."

So, two comparable recruits get designated "A" and "B" if we recruited one first?

Here's the use case -- we recruited Jordan Tucker and Marek about the same time. We wanted both. Tucker chooses Duke -- that doesn't make Marek a "B-Lister."
Actually they were both B listers. In this scenario Marek was actually behind Tucker.
As an example: A list Green. B list Washington. A List Stewart. B List Wahab. C List Ajak.
In past years possibly our most famous B List player is Warwick.
A List players include: Pearl, DC, Billy Owens.
Because JB has always been very limited in his pursuit of players such as Green it has been fairly obvious who his A list recruits have been over the years.

Hakim Warrick the ultimate B lister.

I’d love to get Girard, but won’t lose sleep if we don’t.

Whether we want to A list, B list, C list or D list Joe... IMO he's not a make it or break it recruit. He's a fun player, gritty, and intelligent. I'll enjoy watching him if he selects Syracuse. If he goes elsewhere, it won't really IMO hurt us too much. Our backcourt depth is looking pretty solid. I'm far more concerned about how the forward and center recruits are going to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom