Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me it’s either Penn State or BC. Unfortunately. I also don’t understand the argument he’s not a great fit m. Our 3 point shooting has been horrid the past few years and some in this board immediately wrote he’d be better at BC... don’t understand that logic

Did you see the kind of stuff drawn up for Trevor Cooney and/or the shots he was taking? :(

The only comment I don’t agree with Girard on is he said BC is an up and coming program...BC will never ever be an up and coming program

Yeah, ya know that hack of a coach of his hindered him so much that he only shot 45% from the field and 48% from 3 in the 2016 tourney, on his way to the Final Four. Terrible for recruiting.

Right because our run that year was the true sample size, lol. He and the team caught fire in certain games. Throughout his career especially in conference play Cooney could not get open, or get schemed open, and took lots of bad shots. His best all around year, IMO, was 2014-15 where he shot around 31%. His final season he shot 35%. Enough said.

No, but he was shooting with more attention and defense on him. Just like these guys did in AAU.

It’s not a game of horse. The ACC will D them up.
ok you're proving my point. Goodine is a 3 level player, JG is a primary a shooter. Defenses keyed on his shooting.

Honestly, it's not really a debate..if anyone thinks BG is a better shooter, hasn't seen these guys

ok you're proving my point. Goodine is a 3 level player, JG is a primary a shooter. Defenses keyed on his shooting.

Honestly, it's not really a debate..if anyone thinks BG is a better shooter, hasn't seen these guys

I’ve seen them play. I’ve watched Girard multiple times in high school and AAU. At some point the percentages are the percentages and if you struggle getting shots off against better players how else am I supposed to view it?

Goodine played on a worse team than Girard in AAU btw. Either way agree to disagree.

And you're still saying Goodine is a better shooter than JG? Wow

and BG is a damn good shooter, actually underrated.

Maybe he was what he was?

White, Gillon, and Lydon all shot 40% or so since Cooney?

Maybe. Cooney was our designated sniper and recruited to be one. White was incredible. Just a gifted shooter and we all know and should remember how many tough contested shots he made with defenders in his face. Lydon was a different kind of player. Stretch 4 who didn’t shoot enough. Not sure how much was actually drawn up for him.

You point is JG is a better shooter, correct?

My point is BG shot better against the good competion than JG did.

Is a game of HORSE JG probably wins.

** please note: I want JG to come to SU but I don’t think he will ever start. He would be a good bench scorer.

Good interview with JG3...gives some insight on all 6 schools hes considering.
gmac calls himself "the killer"
sorry, but that nickname belongs to another jerry
tenor.gif

and btw
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
at guys who try give themselves their own nicknames

You point is JG is a better shooter, correct?

My point is BG shot better against the good competion than JG did.

Is a game of HORSE JG probably wins.

** please note: I want JG to come to SU but I don’t think he will ever start. He would be a good bench scorer.
Ok so Dame Lillard was like 5th on his team in 3point %, but according to you, he isnt the best 3 point shooter on his team. They all played the same comp.

This is where %’s can only go so far.

It’s the same argument with steals and blocks. People think when you get those, you are good at D and that’s not true. Bruce Bowen never was a big steals guy but was probably hands down the best defender we’ve seen. Same with Javille McGee...gets blocks like a mofo but is HORRIBLE defender.

gmac calls himself "the killer"
sorry, but that nickname belongs to another jerry
tenor.gif

and btw
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
at guys who try give themselves their own nicknames
Lol I agree
While we’re all on here using essentially self given nicknames

I think all this talk is amusing. They are both very good players and will both help whatever team they play for. I think it’s safe to say that JG is not coming to SU. He would have committed if he really wanted to come to SU. We would have heard “I do” by now if he didn’t have some concerns.

I think it’s safe to say that JG is not coming to SU. He would have committed if he really wanted to come to SU. We would have heard “I do” by now if he didn’t have some concerns.
I don't necessarily agree with you. Mainly for the reason that these are 17 and 18 year old kids we are talking about who's minds are constantly changing. Plus it has become trendy, for whatever reason, to announce later in the cycle.

Do you know his motivation? Is it to be somewhere close where his family can come watch him play? Is it a school where he has an outside chance to continue his football career? Is it the ability to continue to play with one of his AAU teammates? Is it the chance to play at Duke for Coach K? Is it to go somewhere and almost be guaranteed a starting spot as a Freshman?

I said somewhere earlier in this thread that PSU has a better chance than being credited and I still think so.

Joe has been a limelight star. It may well come down to how he views his own skill level.

My totally uninformed guess is that he will only go where he thinks he will get meaningful pt out of the gate.

Of course, in his own mind that could be any of the apparant final four (Duke, PSU, BC, US).

If ends up going to Duke and believes he will see meaningful court time competing against a roster full of 5 stars all I will say is hat's off to his self-confidence and good luck !!!!

Gotta think it would only be PSU if he lacks self-confidence.

Probably BC and us in the middle, may well depend upon what the two staffs have told him relative to his degree of self-confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom