Come on, come on, love me for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the money talk

Suck it in. We did not get Mike Williams. There must be a reason other than the potential for pay to play.

What reason does Mike Williams have to come to Syracuse that he does not get at LSU?

The aura of a lame duck coach is in the air. There are no advertised or publicized plans to replace Jim but he will retire before he passes.

So why commit to a school that will undergo changes before you complete 2, 3 or 4 years?

only problem is that you see an issue in front of your eyes but you don’t know if the solution will last 2-4 years and be better then the issue.

Boeheim said something in his last press conference about having a lot of guards so it's not a problem to not get a 2023 guard. Translation: Mike Williams is not coming here.
Yeah, I heard that. He's already putting the built in excuses out there.

There's truth to what he said, but big time programs don't make excuses, they just accumulate talent regardless of the current roster.

$$$$$
(gasp)….Shame on him!!!

Nothing against you specifically, but why some folks think, and especially in this day & age, that it’s somehow verboten for schools to pay for a recruit, is frankly beyond me.
It’s like the wagon maker being pissed that the Ford Model T dealer down the street is picking off all his customers.
The game has changed, and we either jump in and become players or remain on the sidelines tsk-tsking every time a recruit goes somewhere else because, (gasp) he was given money!! SMDH

Just curious - is it proven that Mike Williams was given $$$ to attend? It’s not like Will Wade is still there lol.

He’s also a top 75 kid, you’re not throwing huge bags at a kid ranked in that range.

Only shock here was that it wasn’t DePaul. Anyway this is what happens when you have a small net with no discernible backup plan
I know you keep harping on this, but I don’t think the small net is the problem. Besides we had Ducharme in our pocket and he was ready to commit (per Dasher) and then we blew it when we hesitated for a moment waiting on Elmarko or Gertrude. Total self-inflicted wound. Williams was a fine pivot. The problem is we already have Judah, Q and Taylor and the backcourt apparently looked too full for Williams. And/or JB just did a poor job recruiting and building the relationship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom