Class of 2023 - CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered

I think it’s gonna be tough to get him to come here. Lot of young guards.

We only have two young guards, right?

Pretty well convinced after seeing Taylor that his future is as a 3. Don't consider Bell a guard.

Joe departs next year, don't know about Sy. Probably still need another guard, no?

We are so unbelievably bad at recruiting nowadays

Last year's class looks pretty good. Several of those recruits seem poised to far outshoot their star rating.

It was always going to be an uphill battle, after you bring in a 7-player class. But we've missed out on every single recruit we've prioritized, we blundered backcourt recruiting with the one kid who did try to commit here, and if Williams doesn't pick us we'll go O-FER for everyone we've targeted.

Doesn't mean we can't bounce back with the class of 2023, or that we won't be able to land transfer portal options [although the class of 2022 looking strong might also inhibit us there] -- but the early returns have been disappointing, putting it mildly.

Pretty well convinced after seeing Taylor that his future is as a 3. Don't consider Bell a guard.

Joe departs next year, don't know about Sy. Probably still need another guard, no?

I’m looking at Q, Mintz and Taylor.

Until proven otherwise, Taylor is a 3.

Yes, we know he was sold on being Buddy2.0, but he’s not there yet.

And for the time being, Q is a 3 also.
(I really do wanna see him at PG,
at least for some minutes)

Hopefully JB and staff are selling MW on the idea that it’ll him and Judah in the backcourt, taking turns being the playmaker on and off the ball.

I’m with you RF. I think they can sell him on a role next year. He could be the third guard behind Judah and Copeland. And Judah will likely be gone after his sophomore season. Taylor is also a guard but can play SF.

Last edited:

Got it.

I know that part of Taylor's recruiting pitch was to be Buddy's replacement -- but after seeing him the other day, and how big / muscular he is, I think he's going to land as a 3 all the way. Especially given that the players who are emerging most swiftly from the freshman class that Taylor himself is a part of are both guards.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Other major powers have a revolving door of 5 stars. We make excuses that 4 stars aren't going to come because they are afraid to compete with other guys that were ranked outside the top 75 and have played 0 mins are too much of threats. Perfect explanation of how to become irrelevant.

Other major powers have a revolving door of 5 stars. We make excuses that 4 stars aren't going to come because they are afraid to compete with other guys that were ranked outside the top 75 and have played 0 mins are too much of threats. Perfect explanation of how to become irrelevant.

There’s a difference between 5 stars who may be one and dones or players at your position who are junior or seniors and players who are all only one year ahead of you.

There’s a difference between 5 stars who may be one and dones or players at your position who are junior or seniors and players who are all only one year ahead of you.

There's a difference between killers like Devo and Waiters and guys afraid to compete with mid range recruit sophomores that haven't done a single thing to present any kind of threat.

There's a difference between killers like Devo and Waiters and guys afraid to compete with mid range recruit sophomores that haven't done a single thing to present any kind of threat.

Who said anyone’s afraid. Those are your words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom