Championship Week | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Championship Week

I don’t know how a bubble team can beat the #1 overall seed by 15 and a presumptive 2 seed (Marquette) and be passed over by other hot garbage. But metrics, ya know.
I agree that should mean a lot but if have to leave several teams out. NC State and Oregon could steal two more bids. Virginia, Seton, Dayton, FAU and St. John’s are squirming. Which 2 of those five make it?

Houston, a likely 1 seed & the top team in the country has scored 32 points in 36 minutes tonight.
Houston routinely craps the bed and has a game like tonight in the NCAA tournament where they are unfathomably bad.

Losing ugly is probably the best thing that could have happened to them.

I agree that should mean a lot but if have to leave several teams out. NC State and Oregon could steal two more bids. Virginia, Seton, Dayton, FAU and St. John’s are squirming. Which 2 of those five make it?
UVA and Dayton have shown me nothing other than that they can avoid horrible losses.

UVA and Dayton have shown me nothing other than that they can avoid horrible losses.
UVA got rocked this year in some games, unless you mean losses against bad teams? Because they had some horrible losses based on score.

Would anyone argue if Syracuse was selected in the tournament at this point? What team beat the ACC and PAC 12 champ?

I had to turn off the PAC 12 title game when they showed Walton. Made me too sad. Last few drops of purity getting squeezed out.

I had to turn off the PAC 12 title game when they showed Walton. Made me too sad. Last few drops of purity getting squeezed out.
I get how Bill feels. It was a great league and it made geographic sense. Great rivalries.
The LA schools are mostly to blame. Boo.

I don’t know how a bubble team can beat the #1 overall seed by 15 and a presumptive 2 seed (Marquette) and be passed over by other hot garbage. But metrics, ya know.
SHU beat then both early in the season at home but lost both their second games later in the season against UConn (by 30 points) and lost to Marquette (by 18 points) and then got demolished by St John’s by 19 in their first game in the Big East tournament. They have been, like us, a very inconsistent team. Their OOC record was pretty bad too - losses to USC, Rutgers ( a big rival), Iowa and Baylor.(only Baylor is an NCAA tournament team). The Hall’s record is 20-12 the same as ours, with 9 of the losses being away or at neutral courts. Like us they were much better at home (14 of their 20 wins) than away which doesn’t count as much. They probably lost their chance with all the conference championship upsets since they were already on the bubble.

SHU beat then both early in the season at home but lost both their second games later in the season against UConn (by 30 points) and lost to Marquette (by 18 points) and then got demolished by St John’s by 19 in their first game in the Big East tournament. They have been, like us, a very inconsistent team. Their OOC record was pretty bad too - losses to USC, Rutgers ( a big rival), Iowa and Baylor.(only Baylor is an NCAA tournament team). The Hall’s record is 20-12 the same as ours, with 9 of the losses being away or at neutral courts. Like us they were much better at home (14 of their 20 wins) than away which doesn’t count as much. They probably lost their chance with all the conference championship upsets since they were already on the bubble.
My point is that everyone on the bubble, by definition, has significant warts. How you take a team like SJU (who lost twice to SHU btw) over the Hall is beyond me. Because they beat Creighton later in the year than SHU beat UCONN and Marquette?

If I was in control, when it comes down down to finding the tallest midget, I’d want a team that at least proved they could win a game or three. I wish the tournament contracted to 48 teams or so. The quality of play is so inferior to anything we’ve witnessed in many many years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom