Championship Week | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Championship Week

GI2f-OsW4AAkkkW

Somebody will need to explain to me how Dayton (projected 8-seed) has a better resume than UNM.

UNM:
SDSU x2
Nevada x2
Colorado St.
Utah State
Boise State

Dayton:
St. John’s
SMU
Cincy
LSU
Davidson
Duquesne
St. Joe’s
VCU

NET: 22 vs. 23

Bad losses: UNM vs UNLV (really?) and UNM vs. Air Force
There is no explanation. Dayton should be a 10 seed. Maybe even play their first game on their home floor.

There is no explanation. Dayton should be a 10 seed. Maybe even play their first game on their home floor.
Does Dayton even have a win against an at large quality team in the field at this point? I was watching Andy Katz interview the committee chair yesterday and today they spend time basically validating their seed list. IMO, there should be a complete reevaluation based on the results that have transpired this week.

No, bids are not stolen. Ore and NCST earned their spots in the tournament.

For bubble teams, too bad, win more games in the conference tournament ( or a game).

Michigan St shouldnt be in. Their resume is very average and their neutral court win over Baylor was in Detroit. Very neutral lol

Cuse is so far from the field. They may miss the NIT

Last edited:
No bids are not stolen. Ore and NCST earned their spots in the tournament.

For bubble teams, too bad, win more games in the conference tournament ( or a game).

Michigan St shouldnt be in. Their resume is very average and their neutral court win over Baylor was in Detroit. Very neutral lol

If brown and duquesne win today yale and vcu lock up nit bids which takes 2 more spots away

The bubble is so hard this year that the play in games are probably gonna be 10 seeds as opposed to 11 or 12 seeds. Its because nc state and oregon plus small league champs like mcneese st,jmu and grand canyon are the 11s and 12s and pushed everything up one spot

No bids are not stolen. Ore and NCST earned their spots in the tournament.

So we should just gloss over the fact that maybe the NET and KP are just wrong. Syracuse won’t reap any benefit of teams that they have W’s against having incredible weeks? Yeah the bubble shrunk and there is no spot for Syracuse, but why shouldn’t Syracuse move ahead of some teams on the outside looking in pecking order based on what has transpired this week?

Florida kid taken off on a stretcher. Did not see what caused it but sounds like lower body vs anything neck/head.

Brown's last NCAA appearance was 1986.

When Syracuse beat them by 50.
I was there in the dome. Saw 14 seed Cleveland St beat 3 seed Bob Knight’s heavily favored Indiana squad too there.

Brown looking for their first tourney since 86 and had a complete meltdown. My god...

I can't believe Brown. Absolutely melted down. Yale had no business winning that.

Missed FTs, not getting the ball to your best FT shooters, not helping on screens and hedging out aggressively on 3s, allowing an and 1, over-pursuit that last possession.

Total collapse. Again hard to watch that.

I was there in the dome. Saw 14 seed Cleveland St beat 3 seed Bob Knight’s heavily favored Indiana squad too there.
Let’s not talk about what happened to us in the 2nd round, it still makes me queasy

No, bids are not stolen. Ore and NCST earned their spots in the tournament.

Michigan State is a joke, the Baylor win is a good one no matter what. Same with beating Illinois, beyond that not much at all. And yes, even if we are prepared to accept an NIT bid, it may not come

I can't believe Brown. Absolutely melted down. Yale had no business winning that.

Missed FTs, not getting the ball to your best FT shooters, not helping on screens and hedging out aggressively on 3s, allowing an and 1, over-pursuit that last possession.

Total collapse. Again hard to watch that.

Brown hit 2 free throws to go up by 6 with 27 seconds left:

Yale jumper and 1
Brown 1-for-2 FT
Yale 3
Brown missed both FT
Yale buzzer-beater

These poor guys will just have to be satisfied with being doctors and lawyers.

Anyone who thinks the SEC is strictly a football conference needs to watch this game, the crowd is so into this and it’s just so loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom