Chance Amie... | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoiughts? Yes, you are nuts. I think Amie will have a role on the team, but his significance will be down the road. TD is our starter.
The coaches love Chance. Don't count him out.

We have a decent sample size for TD's abilities. Statistically his numbers don't scream "ordained starter". To be fair, he was thrust into a couple of tough situations. TD's abilities/style need strong OL play in front of him. Next year's OL play is what worries me most...especially pass protection. Chance's mobility might be the ace in the hole that gets him on the field.

Last edited:
I think you’d see something similar to this year...

TD is the guy going into Spring/Summer and then Chance is the guy you take a chance on to spark the O in the event TD is struggling.

But Tommy has earned the nod. I’d imagine Dino will enter Spring/Summer saying this is a competition to keep the guys sharp regardless.

I think everyone’s excited about what Tommy can do... But I’ve heard Amie is a special player as well.

Was thinking similar yesterday. However Devito starts the season. And I think it’s a QB battle all season.

Amie could play if Devito gets knocked out of a game. Dungey seemed to get hurt once he had to scramble out of necessity; Devito might not feel that same type of pressure in time.

I also wouldn't put it past Dino to throw him in in order to get some live reps in games that are in hand, even if its to give other OCs something on tape to think about.

TD is hardly ordained. Kid his a cannon for an arm. Chance is no slouch in this department either. If he has a grasp of the offense, he legit adds a exciting dimension with his feet.

TD is hardly ordained. Kid his a cannon for an arm. Chance is no slouch in this department either. If he has a grasp of the offense, he legit adds a exciting dimension with his feet.
No one is ever ordained at any position but Tommy has actual in game experience and a year more in S&C and learning the Offense. He has an advantage over Chance.

We have a decent sample size for TD's abilities. Statistically his numbers don't scream "ordained starter". .

Totally agree. I hope to see a solid QB Spring/preseason battle between Tommy, Chance, and whomever else Dino brings in. I do think Dino will bring in another QB one way or another. Tommy has the edge in experience, he has a live arm and would seem to have the overall head start, but 50% passing and 4 TD's against 3 INTS and little running ability doesn't make him an "automatic". Not to me anyway. It probably depends on what the Big Guy sees everyday in practice though, as we have only had a small glimpse, relatively speaking.

If devito cant win games and looks like crap out there for an extended time, HCDB is going to have no choice but to throw someone new in there and see if it works. I dont know alot about CA, but the thing I Dont like about Devito is that Devito is not mobile. I gotta watch more of CA to see what kinda player we got.

TD is no doubt the starter. Amie is a little raw but when he fills into his size and matures he could be special. But TDs throwing ability is amazing, and don’t sleep on his mobility... no he isn’t going to run guys over like Dungey, but tommy is quick. Also, think of Dino at bowling green... the QB he had was very similar to tommy. A gun slinger. I think tommy is going to thrive next year

Devito is a relative newcomer too and has shown that he can perform at a very high level against top-notch competition. And we still haven't had an NFL-level WR in this offense yet. Etta-Tawo and Ishmael have been AAAA guys as they'd say in baseball. Combine Ishmael's hands and strength with Etta-Tawo's speed and Custis's size and you've got an All-Pro. If Jackson is closer to the total package than those guys and Taj Harris and the other young guys continue to develop, then Devito might make a bigger jump than expected.

The good news is that this offense works with any kind of QB. Briles went from super mobile RG3 to a statue in Nick Florence and the total offense numbers were nearly identical.

Let me put it this way, I would be anything but shocked if Chance wins out in spring ball and starts game one next season.

If devito cant win games and looks like crap out there for an extended time, HCDB is going to have no choice but to throw someone new in there and see if it works. I dont know alot about CA, but the thing I Dont like about Devito is that Devito is not mobile. I gotta watch more of CA to see what kinda player we got.

I wouldn’t say he’s not mobile. He’s pretty quick.

He doesn’t seem to have the running back instincts like Dungey, and he was struggling with ND’s pressure and nobody being open.

But physically he moves pretty quickly, and I think with experience he will be pretty good at escaping the rush.

There’s no way he’s running for 500-700 yards like Dungey or powering his way into the end zone, but he should be a guy that can avoid the rush and that can take off and run for a first down on occasion, when that’s what’s available.

All I know is if Amie trots out next year as the game 1 starter we all should sit back and enjoy because the kid must be an absolute monster.

I don't think people realize just how highly Dino must think of TD. Just think Babers had the balls to go with TD for what could have been the VERY last drive of the game vs UNC, with arguably the season on the line. Same thing when he went to him at half vs FSU. Remind you this was a redshirt FR basically getting the nod in immensely crucial situations in ACC play, while benching your all world, face of the program, 4 year starter, SR QB. You know how crazy that is, and how much faith Dino must have in this kid? You guys are nuts if you don't think he is the heavy favorite to be the QB for the next 3 years. BUT if we do see Amie win the job. Well let's just say we are all going to be in for a treat.

Has CA been traveling with the team at all this year?

I saw Welch yesterday sitting next to TD. Probably doesn't make sense to travel with 4 QBs.

No one is ever ordained at any position but Tommy has actual in game experience and a year more in S&C and learning the Offense. He has an advantage over Chance.

He also has a winning ACC record. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

The coaches love Chance. Don't count him out.

We have a decent sample size for TD's abilities. Statistically his numbers don't scream "ordained starter". To be fair, he was thrust into a couple of tough situations. TD's abilities/style need strong OL play in front of him. Next year's OL play is what worries me most...especially pass protection. Chance's mobility might be the ace in the hole that gets him on the field.

I agree about the Oline, but TD's quick release, accuracy and ability to read the D can mitigate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom