Chance of 4-0 going into Clemson? | Syracusefan.com

Chance of 4-0 going into Clemson?

SaltineWar

Scout Team
This is a dream scenario, 50k rabid fans in the Dome for a possible top 5 team. It would be the biggest event to hit CNY in over a decade.

But what do you guys think the odds are we could start out 4-0?

We will beat Wagner and Tulane.

I think that Penn State is pretty close to a toss up. Both teams are in similar situations in terms of QB. I wouldn't be shocked if goes down to the last possession.

Northwestern is a good team, but we gave that game away last year. They do not really have a home field advantage and I think we could surprise them and pay them back.

I would put the chances at somewhere close to 50%. Both the Northwestern and Penn State games will be close but there is no reason we can not win. They are not Alabama.

I think this team is going to start out slow and then have a nice end of the year rally to make a bowl game. I think we are underdogs in both the PSU and NW games, so I'd say we'd be looking at winning chances of winning each of those games somewhere between 30 and 45% in each game.

Overall, I'd say there is a 10 - 15% chance of us going into Clemson undefeated. I'll be pulling for it to happen though!

Hey, I was 4-0 going into the Clemson game (they were ranked #3) in NCAA Football 14. Jerome Smith had a 60 yard TD on the 3rd play of the game, then a Clemson 3 and out lead to a Allen to West 72 yard TD on a quick slant taken to the barn on the very next play, another Clemson 3 and out and Desir PR for a TD and all the sudden it was 21-0 in the 1st Quarter. Ended up winning 42-17!

Now 7-0 and ranked 10th in the nation ;)

The question I had before I played the Clemson game, when was the last time Syracuse started 4-0? I was thinking the McNabb era, but I remember always dropping a few early in the season and running through the Big East.

I would say there is a definite possibility of starting 4-0 as all 4 games are winnable, but history says we might drop one of those first 2.

For me I think 3-1 is more realistic. Wagner/Tulane obvious wins. Split Penn St/Northwestern. I'd like to have the PSU win because it's the first game of the year, MetLife, hate PSU etc. Plus NW was very good last year so no shame if SU loses to them on the road. Sign me up for 3-1 going into Clemson. I'm in my 20's, lived in Cuse most of my life and the last truly raucous crowd I remember was Tennessee game.

I think this team is going to start out slow and then have a nice end of the year rally to make a bowl game. I think we are underdogs in both the PSU and NW games, so I'd say we'd be looking at winning chances of winning each of those games somewhere between 30 and 45% in each game.

Overall, I'd say there is a 10 - 15% chance of us going into Clemson undefeated. I'll be pulling for it to happen though!

Agree with this. If we do manage to go 4-0 into the game, I expect an even spread for the game, with SU possibly being favored.

We have a better chance of entering the Clemson game undefeated than Clemson do. I put our chances of 4-0 @ 75% because NW is on the road. We're beating penn state, tulane and Wagner. I don't see Clemson having enough defense to beat UGA week 1.

Than Clemson do?

I am 100% fed up with this kind of season. A season where the team has to dig out of an early hole and we all tell ourselves at the end of it "if only they could have played this well at the beginning of the season or we had a few more games left." For once I'd like to have the dream of winning it all stretch into early October. Unfortunately, even in the best of years our murderous scheduling has prevented this.

Let's do the math. Likelihood of winning:
Penn State - 50%
Northwestern - 45%
Wagner - 99%
Tulane - 96%

50% * 45% * 99% * 96% = 21.4% chance of going 4-0
Just mess with the chances of winning each game to revise the overall chance. I realize this is sort of "duh" math, but it's fun to do.
(Edit - realizing DeGrozz's post says this same thing)

if we aren't 3-1 going into to clemson i will be seriously disappointed... if we win that penn st game than def think nwestern becomes very winnable

If we are 4-0 going into Clemson, the real question is what is the expected attendance for that one?

If it's anything less than 46,000, I would be extremely disappointed.

Penn State - 50%
Northwestern - 45%
Wagner - 99%
Tulane - 96%

Just mess with the chances of winning each game to revise the overall chance. I realize this is sort of "duh" math, but it's fun to do.
BMoreCuse =
318942_497111223643661_776767155_n.png

I think that there's a much higher probability of SU going 2-2 or 3-1. Remember, Shafer hasn't done this before. Trying to work out the kinks successfully against 2 B1G teams will be tough, especially with a QB making his first college start.

Penn State - 50%
Northwestern - 45%
Wagner - 99%
Tulane - 96%

screw those formulas...we'll just do it-----on the field

Penn State is going to be a slugfest. Whoever runs it better and doesn't fumble probably wins. I wouldn't expect either team to do much in the air. It really does seem like a 50/50 shot as others have mentioned. Which shows how much we've come along since 2008, and how far they've fallen (they were legit Top 5 that year).

I don't like our chances at Northwestern as much as others may. They will be pretty good, they'll have us at home, and we'll be coming off of that Penn State game that will have so much time, effort and emotion pumped into it.

2-2 wouldn't surprise me, and wouldn't be the end of the world.

3-1 is a very realistic scenario.

Obviously 4-0 can happen, not like we're playing Alabama in those first 4. But I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Penn State - 50%
Northwestern - 45%
Wagner - 99%
Tulane - 96%

My math says

PSU - 50%
NW - 50%
Wagner - 100%
Tulane - 90%

50*50*100*90 = 22.5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about 4 and 0, but I think we really need to be 3 and 1 going in to it so that we don't risk sliding below .500 at any point. I'd like us to be out front on getting bowl eligible. Three of our first five all pose different challenges.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The question I had before I played the Clemson game, when was the last time Syracuse started 4-0?
1991. Opened with wins over Vandy, MD, Florida (Kirby Dar Dar says HI!), and Tulane. Finished the year 10-2 with a win over tO$U in teh Hall of Fame bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom