Chance of 4-0 going into Clemson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chance of 4-0 going into Clemson?

1991. Opened with wins over Vandy, MD, Florida (Kirby Dar Dar says HI!), and Tulane. Finished the year 10-2 with a win over tO$U in teh Hall of Fame bowl.

1991 is also the last time we started 3-0.

In that time, we have only started 2-0 in 1992, 1993, 1999 and 2011.

People are severely underrating that NW team. Outside chance they win their division this year, they return pretty much all their key offensive players. Venric Mark scares the out of me on returns.

Think we can have a much better chance beating PSU than NW. And wouldn't be shocked if NW smoked us at home.

Honestly I think we'll be 3-1 for Clemson and that's fine with me. Gotta win 1 of the B1G games.

We have a better chance of entering the Clemson game undefeated than Clemson do. I put our chances of 4-0 @ 75% because NW is on the road. We're beating penn state, tulane and Wagner. I don't see Clemson having enough defense to beat UGA week 1.
I don't think UGA has enough defense for us to be honest with you. Could be a shoot out.

1991. Opened with wins over Vandy, MD, Florida (Kirby Dar Dar says HI!), and Tulane. Finished the year 10-2 with a win over tO$U in teh Hall of Fame bowl.
we were 5-0 in 87 going into the State Penn game at home. ill never forget being at that game and the opening play from McPherson to Rob Moore. Omg, good times. The magical undefeated season, until....

This is straight out of the "DUH" files, but it all depends on what we do against Penn State. Honestly, if we can beat Penn State then I really, really like our chances. Wagner and Tulane are pretty much givens, and if we're 3-0 going into the Northwestern game I really like our chances of walking out of there 4-0.

Penn State will set the tone for those first four games.

This is straight out of the "DUH" files, but it all depends on what we do against Penn State. Honestly, if we can beat Penn State then I really, really like our chances. Wagner and Tulane are pretty much givens, and if we're 3-0 going into the Northwestern game I really like our chances of walking out of there 4-0.

Penn State will set the tone for those first four games.

But but but Northwestern is the second ga,e of the season so how could we be 3-0 going into Northwestern???
:crazy:

Yeah...nevermind. It's been awhile since I looked at the actual order of games. I'll show myself out...

Hey its been a long week for everybody when can we start drinking today?

;)

Penn State is going to be a slugfest. Whoever runs it better and doesn't fumble probably wins. I wouldn't expect either team to do much in the air. It really does seem like a 50/50 shot as others have mentioned. Which shows how much we've come along since 2008, and how far they've fallen (they were legit Top 5 that year).

I don't like our chances at Northwestern as much as others may. They will be pretty good, they'll have us at home, and we'll be coming off of that Penn State game that will have so much time, effort and emotion pumped into it.

2-2 wouldn't surprise me, and wouldn't be the end of the world.

3-1 is a very realistic scenario.

Obviously 4-0 can happen, not like we're playing Alabama in those first 4. But I'd be pleasantly surprised.

This is how I see it too. The question for PSU is when they start getting hurt by the numbers they're going to be missing. Could it be this year with a few key transfers last season and some scholly restrictions or is it more down the road a year or two? Hard to say.

I don't love our chances vs. NW b/c they are a well-coached, pretty talented team on the road. To feel like we're north of 25% probability there is a bit optimistic.

4-0 could conceivably happen, but no one should be bummed at all if we're 3-1.

Well somebody has to live there. Or do they? :noidea:

I'm hoping to smuggle myself out of this God-forsaken state on the SU team bus when they come down to play at Met Life.

It's somewhere between 30% and 40%. We will beat Tulane and Wagner, Wagner may be more of a threat than Tulane, Tulane is god awful. They can put up some points but it's almost as if they play 0 vs 11 when they're on D. I think there's a 75% shot we beat PSU and a 50% shot we beat NW.

But you love Chris Christie

:bang:
There's as much truth in that statement as there is in Christie getting lap band surgery for his family, not due to political aspirations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom