Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

thats what I thought I was asking by asking is westry a guard or forward?

i meant (i thought obviously) in the context of this syracuse team...not in a vacuum
Hey, I don't want to perpetuate any conflict, all I'm saying is, what you asked above was is he a guard or forward.

If you're question really was, what is red's role for Westry, that would have cut right more to the point.

Hey, I don't want to perpetuate any conflict, all I'm saying is, what you asked above was is he a guard or forward.

If you're question really was, what is red's role for Westry, that would have cut right more to the point.
Also, no one here really knows Red's plan for Westry anyway. That would be a question for Red.

yeah no worries

thig is I follow the team very closely...basically daily

and have zero clue how westry fits into re'd scheme i.e. position

yet reading posters and articles online...many seem to be crystal clear that he will play guard

which I dont quite understand...bc I dont think its possible to follow the team closer than I do...and I have no idea...

so just curious how people are so clear on this when it seems totally up in the air.

furthermore, when I look at the composition of the roster - 5 guards, 3 forwards approx...also makes no sense to be rumored with all the recent portal players at guard...

when I rake into account the composition of the current roster and the recently rumored players all being guards...i think it is likely westry plays forward...

yeah no worries

thig is I follow the team very closely...basically daily

and have zero clue how westry fits into re'd scheme i.e. position

yet reading posters and articles online...many seem to be crystal clear that he will play guard

which I dont quite understand...bc I dont think its possible to follow the team closer than I do...and I have no idea...

so just curious how people are so clear on this when it seems totally up in the air.

furthermore, when I look at the composition of the roster - 5 guards, 3 forwards approx...also makes no sense to be rumored with all the recent portal players at guard...

when I rake into account the composition of the current roster and the recently rumored players all being guards...i think it is likely westry plays forward...
Watch his tape from Auburn and also high school. He’s a really good passing and scoring guard. he can play the 1, 2 and 3 spots. He’s been injured so he’ll have to shake off a lot of rust. But from what insiders here have said and what coaches were saying, he looked really good in practice last fall and may have been ahead of Q. But since he’s been oft-injured, we have to have good backup options like Carlos, and I assume Leffew’s recruitment was part of that calculation. If Westry is healthy, he will play a lot as a sixth or seventh man at the guard spots and SF.

What does it mean to you to "play" forward? More importantly, what does it mean to "play" forward in Red's system?

I look at Red's roster as a composition of skill sets rather than 5 definitive guards and 3 definitive forwards. Of course, guys like Carlos will be best suited to exclusively play PG. Westry's skill sets, as judged by what he did as a prep and during his brief time at Auburn, suggest that he is much more guard than forward in a traditional sense.

For Red, I think Westry's skill set will translate as a swing-type player at the 1, 2 or 3. It doesn't matter that there are more guards than forwards because it's Westry's versatility that will get him on the floor in various roster combinations "playing" various positions based on match ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom